BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

04-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Post Please refer me to a good SA

I have one of the DCT transmissions with the lag problem. Apparently there is a software update that corrects that - I've seen at least a dozen of posts about problems like mine being corrected by the recent version of the DCT software (e.g., a few posts on this page: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...231020&page=64).

The lag is at times so bad the delay is enough for people to start honking at me (up to 2 seconds). For those who are not familiar with the problem - if I push the gas right after braking, the car continues to decelerate for some time, no matter what I do with the gas pedal - revs do not go up and car keeps slowing down. My wife is refusing to drive the car after she almost got into an accident trying to make left turn and catching the lag in the middle of intersection...

I am having really hard time convincing BMW Toronto to update the software. I wasted three days already going there and talking to two different SAs. I replicated the lag during a test drive, showed that SIB talking about software update etc. The answer was "if there is no code stored in the computer for SMG failure (sic) the BMW would not pay us for the update".

I convinced them to look at the car once again, and they promised me a test drive with foreman, but it seemed it was just to make me go away. Also, they kept calling the transmission SMG, and even corrected me when I called it DCT - what's up with that? Maybe that's the problem Anyway, it seems very likely that I will just waste my time again...

Please, if anyone can refer me to an understanding SA or someone who dealt with DCT lag issues, I would very much appreciate that. It is real pain in the ass, especially since I know that there is a solution out there.

If I cannot get this resolved soon, I will probably have to resort to buying a BMW alarm or a Dinan tune (both useless to me) - both things seem to result in software update which includes DCT update.

Max
Appreciate 0