BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

04-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #133
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

You need to tell us how the E46 M3 you had compared to the new car.

Older one was lighter but less power,new one more power but certainly fatter

Friggin oil better pick it up or they'll be golfing, dam, they lost.

Depressing hockey season this year, dam
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #134
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Hey sparky don't talk about the soilers on here! You will turn the board into crap just like their play. I went to 10 games this year, guess how many they won? 0! I will put that money into mods instead of paying a bunch of underachievers salaries! I will not renew my package next year. Screw you oil! Wow / end rant.

I will talk to modern auto-body tomorrow, thanks boys.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #135
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Hey sparky don't talk about the soilers on here! You will turn the board into crap just like their play. I went to 10 games this year, guess how many they won? 0! I will put that money into mods instead of paying a bunch of underachievers salaries! I will not renew my package next year. Screw you oil! Wow / end rant.

I will talk to modern auto-body tomorrow, thanks boys.
I know...depressing topic. I will say one thing about the Flamers, at least they have a GM that knows how to be a GM. Some of his trades have been Sather-esque. Too bad Kevin Lowe was such a monkey. Ugh..I have to stop...I just unloaded a year's worth of expletives at that donkey's ass Tom Gilbert and my wife is chasing me around trying to stick a bar of soap in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #136
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
I know...depressing topic. I will say one thing about the Flamers, at least they have a GM that knows how to be a GM. Some of his trades have been Sather-esque. Too bad Kevin Lowe was such a monkey. Ugh..I have to stop...I just unloaded a year's worth of expletives at that donkey's ass Tom Gilbert and my wife is chasing me around trying to stick a bar of soap in my mouth.
Hahaha! You to?! My fiance has gotten used to the profanity unleashed because of this hockey season. She just shakes her head. But seriously do you think Glibert could keep a puck in the offensive zone or make a pass? C'mon! Last I checked the flamers had bonified snipers and role players plus they could win more than three consecutive games... Good game by the goal posts by the way.

Last edited by AMJ_77; 04-03-2009 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #137
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

All Gilbert knows how to do is talk about shoe shopping on the his video blog on oilers.com.

What an intergalactic moron.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #138
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

They go nicely with his pretty goldy locks
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:01 AM   #139
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

OK, I promise to stay on topic now...except after the game on game days!

Went by my parents' place last night which is my guage for snow melting...so at least we are getting close. But honestly, I am keeping the M of the roads until they are done with the street cleaning. On the news they mentioned that this year the city used 150,000 tons of sand/gravel on the roads, 35K more than last year. We should have a window of 2 weeks this spring/summer to enjoy our cars. Mind you, all the ruts on Whitemud, 23rd avenue interchange, and elsewhere may convince me to buy my own alignments machine...lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #140
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Sorry, no hockey talk. My bad. I think we can all agree the topic is off topic and all of our feelings are similar.

Youtube on similar topic, rofl

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #141
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Hahaha! Capitals FTW!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #142
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I laughed my head off when I first saw that video...they talked about it in the Journal the other day.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #143
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Ya I watched it with some of the Doc's I work with, I was pretty much crying laughing. You could put any subtitles on that movie and it would be golden.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #144
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Yeah but the part about the donkeyraper, omfg, lauged so hard, everytime

Sorry, no more oil, we all know MacT is sticking around, Katz even said so
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #145
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3 JZB 6MT

Quote:
You guys know any really good body shops?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
My car is going there in 3 weeks to fix a bad front bumper from the dealer and a door ding from a coworker.

Good place and high end but high end prices too so expect it.

Only Edm shop that is a certified BMW repair facility so they know BMW very very well

Hard to b*tch about $$, I own a V8 and drive like an idiot and I have an M3. All my own choices.

I love my M3
I absolutely know for sure that Doug's Place is 1 of 5 certified bodyshop in Canada that is certified by BMW Canada.

I got my orange reflectors filled by Doug's Place last year. I tried calling Modern and their customer service is terrible. Perhaps it was just that day.?? In addition, Doug's Place was way cheaper.

I really want to check out your guys mods.
Attached Images

04-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #146
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Nice to hear from you again 1ne! Didn't know if you were still cruising with the M or went to the dark side (porsche)! haha. I will definitely give Doug's place a call on Monday, I know you did a lot of stuff with them. I will tell them you sent me
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 03:26 AM   #147
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Nice to hear from you again 1ne! Didn't know if you were still cruising with the M or went to the dark side (porsche)! haha. I will definitely give Doug's place a call on Monday, I know you did a lot of stuff with them. I will tell them you sent me
I only did the reflectors with them. I doubt they remember me. I still have the M.

_
      04-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #148
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Yeah Moderns service is still sorta rubbish so that hasn't changed.

Not sure if they have always been that way or if no one understands what customer service is, I never get the feeling that they don't care but no real sense or urgency. You'd think customer service is a simple thing.

What do I know, I have only been in customer service for 17 years

We'll see how things go along.

I may end up at Dougs in the future for any other mods.

Summers coming 1ne, better get that baby prepped, all of us DD idiots are going to be mod kings

PS Just ordered AA pulley set
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #149
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ne View Post
I absolutely know for sure that Doug's Place is 1 of 5 certified bodyshop in Canada that is certified by BMW Canada.

I got my orange reflectors filled by Doug's Place last year. I tried calling Modern and their customer service is terrible. Perhaps it was just that day.?? In addition, Doug's Place was way cheaper.

I really want to check out your guys mods.
Which location, southside or 82 ave or are both?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #150
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Which location, southside or 82 ave or are both?
Sparky, I went to 9939 - 77th Avenue location.

Anyone try a short shift yet?

Totally feeling the itch to get the M out but I can't even get out of my alley now.
      04-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #151
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ne View Post
Sparky, I went to 9939 - 77th Avenue location.

Anyone try a short shift yet?

Totally feeling the itch to get the M out but I can't even get out of my alley now.
Have a UUC short shift sitting in the house, waiting to be installed later this month.

We should all consider going down for the annual summer event that Tunerworks puts on...would be fun to shoot pics and video on the way down.

BTW, anybody interested in ordering a laser jammer from Laser Interceptor? Myself and two other friends are ordering a front and rear setup, along with the wireless connection kit from Speed Cheetah. As well, because I am worried about the potential damage that the 500W flash on red light cameras may cause my new license plate (), I am also picking up some PhotoBlocker spray. If anyone wants to join in and split shipping, let me know. Thinking of ordering within two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #152
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

2thdr I am quit interested, I am still young and know this car and it's "ease" with speed my lead to some trouble! haha. PM me the details, this sounds like a smart investment!

By the way all I started looking at my exhaust and realized that it is so damn ugly that I am ordering the Encore all Ti exhaust! Haha, so much for not changing the exhaust. It is beautiful, I couldn't help myself. Wow my mod budget is going much higher than expected especially if I get the dinan diff...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #153
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
2thdr I am quit interested, I am still young and know this car and it's "ease" with speed my lead to some trouble! haha. PM me the details, this sounds like a smart investment!

By the way all I started looking at my exhaust and realized that it is so damn ugly that I am ordering the Encore all Ti exhaust! Haha, so much for not changing the exhaust. It is beautiful, I couldn't help myself. Wow my mod budget is going much higher than expected especially if I get the dinan diff...
AMJ, are you running yours in the winter? I was originally thinking of a titanium exhaust, but was not sure how the metal would fare with our cold winter temperatures. Talked with Rob at Tunerworks, which made me go with something else.

I'll get the details together on the other stuff...are you interested in Laser Interceptor/Speed Cheetah and/or the Photoblocker? PM me back.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #154
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
AMJ, are you running yours in the winter? I was originally thinking of a titanium exhaust, but was not sure how the metal would fare with our cold winter temperatures. Talked with Rob at Tunerworks, which made me go with something else.

I'll get the details together on the other stuff...are you interested in Laser Interceptor/Speed Cheetah and/or the Photoblocker? PM me back.
Ti if welded properly in a blanket gas should be impervious to winter. The shite won't corrode. Better that any 300 series SST for sure.

I have had 3 Ti bikes all bomb proof
Appreciate 0