BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

11-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #23
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Just as it seems there is a complete lack of anything new someone always gets just a tiny tidbit more of progress or information. It is never the bloody Full Monty, just a tiny tidbit . So now we have officially unofficial incomplete "orders". I agree it sounds like NA just getting Group some preliminary information about what folks want. Nonetheless I would be excited if it was me "placing my order". Hopefully, on a selfish note, the dealers are also passing along a lot of, "Get the M-DCT complete as my list is shrinking" comments.

Forsaken and Xcellere: Congrats on a fantastic in/out color combo. SG/FR is at the top of my list should I eventually "be allowed" to pull the trigger by BMW. All the waiting, delay, hype, makes it seem like a damn Ferrari.

Hmmm, last but not least, I hope those handing over their specs are only moving forward with full cancellation rights subject to complete disclosure of pricing, base and options!

Last edited by swamp2; 11-28-2007 at 02:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #24
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
yea, i told my guy that i want DCT and he sounded a bit disappointed, i could tell in his voice. Im also hoping that DCT will be released with our first batch of cars, im actually contemplating on not getting DCT just because i dont think i can wait any longer...
      11-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #25
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
US dealerships were recently given allocations, which means that they can input the orders at the top of their lists into the computer system. That does not generate a production number though. It seems like BMW just sits on that info until production details are released, and we have no solid info on when that will be. My dealer says they should getting their first allocation delivered late Feb early March, but that's just what he thinks.
Are you sure they have their allocation numbers? My dealer emailed me a few weeks ago asking if I wanted coupe or sedan, but didn't mention any allocation numbers. I was at VIR this weekend with a SA from my hometown dealer and asked if he had heard anything yet, he said they didn't have allocation numbers nor have they heard anything about price.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #26
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
yea, i told my guy that i want DCT and he sounded a bit disappointed, i could tell in his voice. Im also hoping that DCT will be released with our first batch of cars, im actually contemplating on not getting DCT just because i dont think i can wait any longer...
You might as well wait it out. In the end, it will be well worth it.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #27
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
You might as well wait it out. In the end, it will be well worth it.
well it will depend on the wait...if this a extra year then no thnx.
      11-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #28
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Bump.

did you get an order #? What's up?
I thought you guys might like to see this:

My dealer called me early today to confirm that my order has an early January build date. The specs you see there are the default specs BMW gave my dealer, so my specs (Space Grey, Fox Red Novillo, 19's, iPod, BMW Assist, Carbon Leather) won't propagate in the system until next week some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Forsaken and Xcellere: Congrats on a fantastic in/out color combo. SG/FR is at the top of my list should I eventually "be allowed" to pull the trigger by BMW. All the waiting, delay, hype, makes it seem like a damn Ferrari.
Many thanks for the compliment swamp! I'm thrilled that I got the production # today, means that I'm that much closer to getting my car. After seeing the Alpine White M3 in LA it made the wait that much harder. Thankfully, the 3 year lease on my current 05 E46 M3 expires in early April, just a month after my new car arrives! Splendid timing!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #29
Vince S.
IEEE, ASME, SAE, SIAM
Rep
Drives: Track Car

Nice!! I had a spot for the coupe and also a sedan DCT. But gave up the coupe spot to my buddy instead. Dealers are definitely putting in their orders for the coupe this week. Sedan DCT will have to wait a bit...
Appreciate 0