BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

Mporium BMW

03-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Why does the domain, "1addicts.com" forward to Bimmerpost.com?

If somebody wants to go to bimmmerpost.com as a portal to all the other BMW sites, I'd imagine they'd type in or search for the appropriate domain. If a user types in www.1addicts.com, its pretty obvious they want to get to the 1addicts portion, not bimmperpost.com as a whole. So can we change the forwarding address for 1addicts.com from bimmperpost.com to 1addicts.com/forums?

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

They all work that way. Just type in 1addicts.com/forums or make a bookmark tab that goes straight there.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
They all work that way. Just type in 1addicts.com/forums or make a bookmark tab that goes straight there.

Well yes, e90post.com forwards to bimmerpost.com as well, but best practices would have e90post.com forward to the child forum since thats the only content that actually applies to the e90post.com domain name. Bimmerpost.com as a domain seems like an attention whore with no relevence except to intercept page hits on a user's attempt to get to a child forum.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Z View Post
Well yes, e90post.com forwards to bimmerpost.com as well, but best practices would have e90post.com forward to the child forum since thats the only content that actually applies to the e90post.com domain name. Bimmerpost.com as a domain seems like an attention whore with no relevence except to intercept page hits on a user's attempt to get to a child forum.
And with that, you just answered the original question.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
If 1addicts.com forwarded you automatically to 1addicts.com/forums then thats a complete waste of space and makes no sense. Anyone who wants to goto the forums can obviously bookmark 1addicts.com/forums or within a few days of site use can figure out to append the words 'forums' to the the 1addicts.com domain to go directly to the forums. The bimmerpost.com homepage serves as a portal page for all the sites to give a general overview of whats going on in the bmw world of news, which by the way alot of people use. If you personally don't like having to type in the word 'forums' into the domain then you should bookmark the forums directly. BTW 1addicts.com always had a landing page at the base URL, before it was just a graphic and you would have to click forward into the forums, just as you do now. The only difference now is that instead of a blank graphic page we actually have news and content there. Most websites operate that way....
      03-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

owned.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post
If 1addicts.com forwarded you automatically to 1addicts.com/forums then thats a complete waste of space and makes no sense. Anyone who wants to goto the forums can obviously bookmark 1addicts.com/forums or within a few days of site use can figure out to append the words 'forums' to the the 1addicts.com domain to go directly to the forums. The bimmerpost.com homepage serves as a portal page for all the sites to give a general overview of whats going on in the bmw world of news, which by the way alot of people use. If you personally don't like having to type in the word 'forums' into the domain then you should bookmark the forums directly. BTW 1addicts.com always had a landing page at the base URL, before it was just a graphic and you would have to click forward into the forums, just as you do now. The only difference now is that instead of a blank graphic page we actually have news and content there. Most websites operate that way....
The only difference being the 1Addicts.com landing page actually had something to do with 1Addicts.com. And its not about typing in /forums, its about best practices. Entering the domain should take me to the most relevent content for that domain name, the forum. Heck, make the forum index level for the domain. On Bimmerpost.com, the only mention of 1addicts.com is at the bottom in tiny text, beneath a row of google ads which I've since blocked. I don't enter www.bmwusa.com to have the domain forward to www.bmw.com now do I?

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
Mark
Administrator
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The only difference being the 1Addicts.com landing page actually had something to do with 1Addicts.com. And its not about typing in /forums, its about best practices. Entering the domain should take me to the most relevent content for that domain name, the forum. Heck, make the forum index level for the domain. On Bimmerpost.com, the only mention of 1addicts.com is at the bottom in tiny text, beneath a row of google ads which I've since blocked. I don't enter www.bmwusa.com to have the domain forward to www.bmw.com now do I?
Well I guess myself and the majority of visitors disagree Lets agree to disagree on this one..
      03-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post
Well I guess myself and the majority of visitors disagree Lets agree to disagree on this one..
Lol, I think you'd be surprised. I guess I'm just more vitriolic about the cruel, inhumane injustice of it all.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
Mark
Administrator
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol, I think you'd be surprised. I guess I'm just more vitriolic about the cruel, inhumane injustice of it all.
      03-06-2009, 03:34 AM   #11
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
It is every bit as relevant to the 1 series as it is to the 3, 5, 7, Z and X series cars. It also features general information that's equally as relevant.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 05:21 AM   #12
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
It is every bit as relevant to the 1 series as it is to the 3, 5, 7, Z and X series cars. It also features general information that's equally as relevant.
You're beating a dead horse, dude.

Appreciate 0