BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
99bjb00
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i AW

Car awaiting shipment / wrong interior color

got a bit of a situation here. i ordered a sedan with m-dct a while back. all options confirmed with my sales guy. i get an email from him today with an attachment shwoing status of the car; produced awaiting shipment. i then look at the options and realize that it has black extended instead of fox red extended for the interior. so, my first decision is whether or not i can live with the black. obviously that is a personal choice, so i am not looking for any input on that aspect. however, if i do decide to take the car with the black extended, i feel as though the dealership should make some concession as far as taking some off the msrp. i went with sticker before i found out people were getting up to $2K off in some areas. so, what would be a reasonable amount to ask for as far as a discount for this error? personally i feel like it is a pretty big one so i was thinking $2500 off MSRP on a $71,000 car would let me drive it at peace everday and not go crazy wondering if i made the wrong decision. any thoughts on that number & if it is reasonable? any input is greatly apprecaited.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99bjb00 View Post
got a bit of a situation here. i ordered a sedan with m-dct a while back. all options confirmed with my sales guy. i get an email from him today with an attachment shwoing status of the car; produced awaiting shipment. i then look at the options and realize that it has black extended instead of fox red extended for the interior. so, my first decision is whether or not i can live with the black. obviously that is a personal choice, so i am not looking for any input on that aspect. however, if i do decide to take the car with the black extended, i feel as though the dealership should make some concession as far as taking some off the msrp. i went with sticker before i found out people were getting up to $2K off in some areas. so, what would be a reasonable amount to ask for as far as a discount for this error? personally i feel like it is a pretty big one so i was thinking $2500 off MSRP on a $71,000 car would let me drive it at peace everday and not go crazy wondering if i made the wrong decision. any thoughts on that number & if it is reasonable? any input is greatly apprecaited.

I originalls had fox red interior ordered for my AW coupe. My CA called me and offered me the exact car i ordered with black interior 4 months earlier. So i jumped and took it. i love the black leather, i have no regrets at all. as for the money off. it is there mistake, and if he confirmed it with you, he should be at fault, Right? so i would argue a little bit on the price. you have a good argument....

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
99bjb00
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White08M3 View Post
I originalls had fox red interior ordered for my AW coupe. My CA called me and offered me the exact car i ordered with black interior 4 months earlier. So i jumped and took it. i love the black leather, i have no regrets at all. as for the money off. it is there mistake, and if he confirmed it with you, he should be at fault, Right? so i would argue a little bit on the price. you have a good argument....
i like the black as well, however i have black leather w/ sycamore anthracite in my 545i right no, so black w/ carbon is going to be very similar. i usually like a little change from car to car. that said, $2500 off could be used for a trip to bandon dunes or pebble beach.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3MC, 2019 Audi TT RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99bjb00 View Post
Sounds like you might have one of the first sedan + M-DCT builds. I'd definitely shoot for at least $2500 off. I was able to get that without them screwing my order up. I'd be looking for $500 over invoice if they did!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
99bjb00
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
Sounds like you might have one of the first sedan + M-DCT builds. I'd definitely shoot for at least $2500 off. I was able to get that without them screwing my order up. I'd be looking for $500 over invoice if they did!
i realize that, but i agreed to msrp and buy rate money factor if i choose to lease so i was prepared to honor the deal without trying to modify it. now that it is not the correct order, i do feel i should be compensated since they are not able to deliver exactly what was agreed upon. i'm not looking to screw the dealership or my sales guy, so i think i am in the ballpark with what could be considered a fair concession on their part
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Nothing wrong with black interior, your CA was doing you a favor lol. It all depends how many people on the waiting list at that dealership. If there is a big list I don't think you can get that big of a discount but doesn't hurt to ask. I'm thinking they may offer $500 off and some goodies.

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Black extended is worth less (than other extended colors) because the "extended" portions are black without extended. I'm not sure why anyone would order it but I'm sure there are those that value the extended for reasons other than the color. Having said that, the extended adds $1,100 IIRC so start from there and add on the cost of your trouble (waiting for a car that never came, etc...).
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
Black extended is worth less (than other extended colors) because the "extended" portions are black without extended. I'm not sure why anyone would order it but I'm sure there are those that value the extended for reasons other than the color. Having said that, the extended adds $1,100 IIRC so start from there and add on the cost of your trouble (waiting for a car that never came, etc...).
Thats the most stupid thing I've read all day.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #9
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Thats the most stupid thing I've read all day.

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0