BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

07-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #45
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

bmw suddently stopped giving allocations to dealers. It is not that a whole year's worth of allocations has already been ordered but that a door has been suddently shut. No allocation means it is instantaneously filled.
In other words the real new should have read:

" bmw stops unlimited dealer quota for ED of the M3"

short answer : yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtopherus View Post
So does this mean that all of your allocations for the entire model year (2013) are already spoken for?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #46
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
I believe the proper way for BMW to have handled this would have been to no longer accept any new ED orders. Customers who have already ordered but haven't received production numbers should have their ED allocations honored.

V1C / Bel STiR+ / Integrated mirror display / AD08r f255/35 r275/35
/ IND Euro Bumper / MP Splitters / MP Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #47
Xtopherus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
bmw suddently stopped giving allocations to dealers. It is not that a whole year's worth of allocations has already been ordered but that a door has been suddently shut. No allocation means it is instantaneously filled.
In other words the real new should have read:

" bmw stops unlimited dealer quota for ED of the M3"

short answer : yes.
My mistake, I should have been more specific with my question. What I meant to ask was: does this mean that all of your domestic allocations for the entire model year (2013) are already spoken for?

I would be surprised to hear that allocations for the entire year have already been taken, but it's possible based on low supply or extremely high demand. If Steve Thomas has any domestic allocations left for later in the year, they can always convert some to ED for those that still want to go, albeit at a lower discount than was previously available. At least that's what I understand from this thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #48
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
My mistake, I should have been more specific with my question. What I meant to ask was: does this mean that all of your domestic allocations for the entire model year (2013) are already spoken for?

I would be surprised to hear that allocations for the entire year have already been taken, but it's possible based on low supply or extremely high demand. If Steve Thomas has any domestic allocations left for later in the year, they can always convert some to ED for those that still want to go, albeit at a lower discount than was previously available. At least that's what I understand from this thread.
GOLFFER previously said it's a lot more work and a lot less profit for a dealer to do ED if it comes out of their allocation, and he thinks it would be extremely unlikely a dealer would be willing to do that.

I would imagine it would be the same for them, especially if the demand is hot.
      07-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #49
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
So does this mean that all of your allocations for the entire model year (2013) are already spoken for?
I am not sure of the exact status. I know this sounds like a cop out but you will need to contact Ryan/Checa directly for that info. I don't want to post either or bc I don't know. Those guys handle all that stuff, for us.

I may have contradicted myself earlier by saying we don't have any left however Ryan/Checa know for sure what we do and don't have. I will say though whatever we do have if any i would imagine would be very few.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #50
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Ryan turned me down to buy a 2013 M3 ED because they do not have any ED allocations any more. Then Checa asked me to buy a US delivery M3 instead which I naturally refused. Game over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I am not sure of the exact status. I know this sounds like a cop out but you will need to contact Ryan/Checa directly for that info. I don't want to post either or bc I don't know. Those guys handle all that stuff, for us.

I may have contradicted myself earlier by saying we don't have any left however Ryan/Checa know for sure what we do and don't have. I will say though whatever we do have if any i would imagine would be very few.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #51
odiesback
2021 330ix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330ix

Garage List
It sounds like things just went back the way they used to be.
Correct me if I am wrong, Golfrr.

I remember that M models were not available for ED, and it was
not too long ago.

The demmand, especially for the M3, appears to increase even more as its
end of production date approaches. My feeling is that BMW has to close
the stream of orders so they can retrofit the plant.

So glad I used the my ED discount to load the car instead of saving the money.
Fearing something like that I ordered mine in January for a June delivery.

Nonetheless, this sucks for the ones that waited for a 2013 or the timing was off.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #52
GOLFFRR
Rep

It just is what it is. At the end of the day we can only do what we can and we are at the Mercy of BMW. I'm sure BMW has a game plan, in the meantime we can only make do with what we have.

If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #53
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiesback View Post
It sounds like things just went back the way they used to be.
Correct me if I am wrong, Golfrr.

I remember that M models were not available for ED, and it was
not too long ago.

The demmand, especially for the M3, appears to increase even more as its
end of production date approaches. My feeling is that BMW has to close
the stream of orders so they can retrofit the plant.

So glad I used the my ED discount to load the car instead of saving the money.
Fearing something like that I ordered mine in January for a June delivery.

Nonetheless, this sucks for the ones that waited for a 2013 or the timing was off.
M models have been available for ED as long as I remember, but at no discount whatsoever.

In that sense yes, we are back to the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #54
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Tragic news. I'm devastated right now!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #55
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
GOLFFER previously said it's a lot more work and a lot less profit for a dealer to do ED if it comes out of their allocation, and he thinks it would be extremely unlikely a dealer would be willing to do that.

I would imagine it would be the same for them, especially if the demand is hot.

Quote:
Ryan turned me down to buy a 2013 M3 ED because they do not have any ED allocations any more. Then Checa asked me to buy a US delivery M3 instead which I naturally refused. Game over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgtrs2007 View Post
Tragic news. I'm devastated right now!

Did anyone read my post?!

With all due respect Jimmy is wrong when he says that it's extremely unlikely that a dealer would be willing to use one of their allocation for an ED. Maybe that is the case of Steve Thomas but if you ask around you will find plenty of dealers willing to do it...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #56
odiesback
2021 330ix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
M models have been available for ED as long as I remember, but at no discount whatsoever.

In that sense yes, we are back to the future.
Right, but I think they had to come from the dealer's allocation - if memory
serves me well.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #57
Koop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E34 M5

Well, I spent the last week since my order was cancelled with smoke coming out of my ears

But it looks as though things are back on track for my ED order, albeit with another dealer. No markup, same pricing structure as before this whole fiasco. In fact, I'm getting an even better deal and quicker delivery, production number in hand.

Yes it's certainly frustrating, but the sky isn't exactly falling...yet. Best of luck to everyone and try not to get too disheartened...you may actually come out better off.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #58
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiesback View Post
Right, but I think they had to come from the dealer's allocation - if memory
serves me well.
Yes, that what I meant as well with the full price.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #59
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
...With all due respect Jimmy is wrong when he says that it's extremely unlikely that a dealer would be willing to use one of their allocation for an ED. Maybe that is the case of Steve Thomas but if you ask around you will find plenty of dealers willing to do it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Well, I spent the last week since my order was cancelled with smoke coming out of my ears

But it looks as though things are back on track for my ED order, albeit with another dealer. No markup, same pricing structure as before this whole fiasco. In fact, I'm getting an even better deal and quicker delivery, production number in hand.

Yes it's certainly frustrating, but the sky isn't exactly falling...yet. Best of luck to everyone and try not to get too disheartened...you may actually come out better off.

Received my production number last night from David Aviles at Northwest BMW. I initially contacted him back in June, but hadn't received a production number when BMW shut down ED orders a week or so back. I was stressed, but kept faith in Dave and he came through.

I didn't ask him if he had to give up a Dealer Allocation, no doubt he's been extra busy w/ customers of other dealers contacting him for allocations. I am grateful for whatever work he put in to keep my order alive. Efforts like this earn customer loyalty.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #60
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

anybody talk to franchesca or ryan over the last couple of days? I wanted to finalize my purchase, but haven't heard back.....
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #61
Koop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E34 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator View Post

Received my production number last night from David Aviles at Northwest BMW. I initially contacted him back in June, but hadn't received a production number when BMW shut down ED orders a week or so back. I was stressed, but kept faith in Dave and he came through.

I didn't ask him if he had to give up a Dealer Allocation, no doubt he's been extra busy w/ customers of other dealers contacting him for allocations. I am grateful for whatever work he put in to keep my order alive. Efforts like this earn customer loyalty.
Agreed. David's the man. Sounds like he came through for a few of us during this whole messed-up situation.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #62
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomM3 View Post
anybody talk to franchesca or ryan over the last couple of days? I wanted to finalize my purchase, but haven't heard back.....
Shoot me a pm if you have not heard anything by now

Keep in mind we are always closed on sundays for family day.

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #63
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
"cannot keep up production" this is bs. The true reason has to be west coast dealers hate ED and found a way to pressure bmw Euro to come up with a lame excuse to stop it.
They think they can recuperate ED customers as us delivery. It won't happen. Meanwhile Audi still has ED.
This has always been the situation with ED - most times the cars do not come out of the dealer's allocation, BUT the dealer also doesn't get to count the car for much in the all-important BMW-provided post-sales incentive payments to dealerships (which are based on a bunch of factors, including car sales). BMW AG runs the program because it seems to boost owner loyalty a lot. But the difference between ED invoice and Domestic invoice is mostly in the form of cash dealers don't get on ED sales.

But for some popular cars, many of the allocations wind up coming out of the dealer's allocation, so if it costs the dealer an allocation slot for a model they have extra demand for, they will probably want more over invoice for it. Ballpark, I would expect to see prices $700-$1,000 over domestic invoice, even though it's an ED. Maybe less if you're a repeat customer.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #64
wmo168
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need one!

It is so said that we don't be able to do ED on BMW F82.... @ a $xxxx + invoice price from board sponsor

bummer

[ED Photo 12'] [ED Photo 11'] [ED Photo 09'] [PCD Photo 09']

Last edited by wmo168; 07-16-2012 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #65
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
It is so said that we don't be able to do ED on BMW F82....

bummer
Says who??
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #66
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator View Post

I have to respectfully fully disagree with you. you see, I contacted David Aviles in April 2011 to order an individual M3. Actually I had contacted him a few years before in 2009 to order a Dakkar yellow individual paint M3. In 2009 bmw refused to sell me that color and I thought i would try again a few years later. This time however David told me on April 30th :"I heard from Individual tis morning. They confirmed I will be able to order Dakar Yellow for you. "

After discussing all the options we came to a full agreement on price and on May 21st I told David : "David you can go ahead and place my order. "

On May 22 he replied : " I'll send you the deposit authorization tomorrow and begin the order process!"

On June 15th he wrote: "Your BMW is in the order system for August production. Let me know if you have any questions. I will update you with your production number in mid to late July."

June 19th he wrote: "BMW Individual is aware that an M3 is to be ordered under your name but we just need your delivery date."

on June 22th I replied: "I am thinking about August 27th delivery or 31st."
One month had past and he had not yet send me the deposit authorization he talked about but since he had told me the order was in the system I thought I was safe. Still to be sure I wrote :"David, I want the price we have agreed on to be contractual. This is my first time doing european delivery online so I want no surprise."

Then strangely I had no reply from him for 1 week but I was not worried and started to look at Lufhansa to book the flight. Then suddenly he send an email that prices had changed on the individual interior. That shocked me and I asked him to honnor the price we had already agreed on but he refused.

On july 7th he wrote: "Your order was in the system, but a production number was not assigned. I was waiting for confirmation from BMW about pricing, because manufacturer pricing is subject to change (especially going into a new model year). "

I then decided to shake off this bad surprise and nevertheless go without the individual interior and asked him to move forward with the order. But he came back with more expenses :

"Since we last emailed and you disagreed with the pricing for the Individual leather, I have sold out of M3's. If I am able to secure another allocation for you, the following pricing will apply to your order unless you have changed any options". That day he added another $650 (not counting the individual interior) to the total cost we had already agreed on in May bringing the total price to $x,xxx over ED invoice. That was July 7th.

All along i tried to swallow my disappointment with him and simply get my car ordered. Now he was giving lame excuses like : "I am simply following protocol with respect to pricing set by the dealership when supply does not meet demand. You may have noticed a shift in pricing policies at a couple other dealers as well."

Or: "The dealership, like many others, decided to change their European Delivery pricing policy to adapt to the sudden change in allocation. I made you aware of this and you disagreed with the updated total for your configuration."

I told him that he had written on June 15 that my order was in the system for august production and he was changing prices on me now, almost a month later.

This guy really screwed me up. I am disgruntled at the whole experience and I really regret that i tried to do business with him.
I do feel prejudiced and at this point he has not accepted to honor the order we had agreed on.

I would not recommend David Aviles to anyone who is interested in doing an online order.

Last edited by V8FunNaturally; 08-15-2012 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0