BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

BPM

11-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #89
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
I beat the game this morning..

But I wanted to know a couple things because I did not understand..

Q.) When the nuke was launched into the air why did it explode in the air and not the surface ground?

A.) Airbursting a nuke in low orbit would knock out a ton of stuff with an EMP, but wouldn't cause massive death and destruction on the ground. Price didn't want to fuck up too much of the capitol....

Q.) Remember the Russian leader who planned the airport mission, what happened to him at the end? Did he die?

A.) Still alive, and probably in MW3!!

Q.) After everyone fucked over each other in the story, the 2 marines who were
still alive, Price and some other guy. Who did they rely on for trust and info? How did they know where to go?

A.) They weren't Marines, they were former SAS. Captain Price and Soap MacTavish, both from MW1. Nikolai was the deep undercover asset they rescued in MW1.....

Q.) Which mission was offensive that they asked if people should skip it or not?

A.) The one where you are with Makarov and shooting the civilians in the Airport ("No Russian" is the mission.) Some don't like the idea of whacking civilians. I pulled the trigger like crazy though.... I know, I'm a sick bastard!

Q.) Which 2 marines got burned alive? Roach and Ramaeriz? or who?

A.) Roach and Ghost, and they were Task Force 141, not Marines and likely former SAS. No Marines in this one, but Army Rangers instead.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #90
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

I don't even know the story like for all cod games haha. I just went straight to multiplayer.

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #91
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
1. Technically, nukes do explode in the air anyway. But, Price programed the nuke to detonate in low orbit causing an EMP.

2. He is still alive. Hopefully a MW3 comes out to finish or continue the story.

3. Who knows

4. No Russian.

5. Roach and Ghost.

6. Easy, our tech. and codes were compromised by the ACS unit the Russians decoded and caught us off guard.

7. Our allies are not our allies anymore because "we" went into the airport and intentionally killed civilians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post

Q.) When the nuke was launched into the air why did it explode in the air and not the surface ground?

A.) Airbursting a nuke in low orbit would knock out a ton of stuff with an EMP, but wouldn't cause massive death and destruction on the ground. Price didn't want to fuck up too much of the capitol....

Q.) Remember the Russian leader who planned the airport mission, what happened to him at the end? Did he die?

A.) Still alive, and probably in MW3!!

Q.) After everyone fucked over each other in the story, the 2 marines who were
still alive, Price and some other guy. Who did they rely on for trust and info? How did they know where to go?

A.) They weren't Marines, they were former SAS. Captain Price and Soap MacTavish, both from MW1. Nikolai was the deep undercover asset they rescued in MW1.....

Q.) Which mission was offensive that they asked if people should skip it or not?

A.) The one where you are with Makarov and shooting the civilians in the Airport ("No Russian" is the mission.) Some don't like the idea of whacking civilians. I pulled the trigger like crazy though.... I know, I'm a sick bastard!

Q.) Which 2 marines got burned alive? Roach and Ramaeriz? or who?

A.) Roach and Ghost, and they were Task Force 141, not Marines and likely former SAS. No Marines in this one, but Army Rangers instead.
Ok now I have a better input on whats going on. I too pulled the trigger like no tmrw, I even killed the people crawling on the floor.

And, what was the point of Roach and Ghost getting fucked over? by Shepherd or whatever? Did Shepered and Marakov want to take over the world?

And how did our allies know "we" Americans killed those civilians? Marakov and his mean were all Russian? I know you play as one undercover guy to help them but how?

I though Nukes hit the ground because it causes more damage? Why would price be involved with the nuke? I though price and the other guy were the ones who killed shepered?

Didnt the Russians launch the nukes?

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #92
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:

And how did our allies know "we" Americans killed those civilians? Marakov and his mean were all Russian? I know you play as one undercover guy to help them but how?

I though Nukes hit the ground because it causes more damage? Why would price be involved with the nuke? I though price and the other guy were the ones who killed shepered?

Didnt the Russians launch the nukes?
1. Marakov knew Allen was an American so he shot him and left him to take the blame which would start the war. Though I would think security cameras would prove it was Marakov unless unknown to us, they took the tapes as well. And Allen was stupid enough to wear something that would identify him as an American.

2. Nope, nukes detonate ~2000 ft above the ground I believe it is. Price was helping to save DC. Since nukes can create an EMP, Price had it detonate in low orbit and created an EMP. But, the force of the nuke still took out the ISS.

3. No Price did. Yes, it was a Russian sub, but Price went in and took over the missile control room and launched the nuke.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #93
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
1. Marakov knew Allen was an American so he shot him and left him to take the blame which would start the war. Though I would think security cameras would prove it was Marakov unless unknown to us, they took the tapes as well. And Allen was stupid enough to wear something that would identify him as an American.

2. Nope, nukes detonate ~2000 ft above the ground I believe it is. Price was helping to save DC. Since nukes can create an EMP, Price had it detonate in low orbit and created an EMP. But, the force of the nuke still took out the ISS.

3. No Price did. Yes, it was a Russian sub, but Price went in and took over the missile control room and launched the nuke.

Since the US troops were outnumbred by all the tanks and helicopters in DC....the EMP can force the Russians to fight on foot instead, which turns out the US troops had the upper hand on ground fights....

One thing tho....isn't EMP is to fry all the electronic boards???
Then how come there were still many tanks and helicopters during the Whiskey Hotel stage (after the EMP) and the Javelin is still working???
      11-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #94
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:

Ok so Price did do it. But I though Price was on the good side? Dont we play as price on the last mission?

What did the american wear that gave it away when they found the body?

- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #95
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok so Price did do it. But I though Price was on the good side? Dont we play as price on the last mission?

What did the american wear that gave it away when they found the body?
He is on the good side, he set off EMP to destroy most Russian's equipments over Washington DC. Probably he knew US soldiers are better killing machine than Russian troops....

Maybe a dogtag or whatever gave his true identity away???
      11-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #96
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Maybe a dogtag or whatever gave his true identity away???
Do you really think a CIA operative wears a dogtag?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #97
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
Do you really think a CIA operative wears a dogtag?
Just saying...then what give his ID away?
PLus he WAS a US Army Ranger anywayz...
      11-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #98
scollins
Rep

Man, just go and shoot some fuckers in the face and blow some shit up! There are likely a few inconsistencies, but that is typical.

Oh, and Price launched the nuke not so much to wipe out any advantage in DC that the Russians had, but to bring the world back onto the side of the US. They think we killed a bunch of civvies and went ape shit, now they think the Russians went way overboard and launched a friggin' nuke at the US.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #99
Fzara2000
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

Someone friend me asap, I need to get some games in!

Gamer tag is fzara
      11-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #100
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

gotta say right now i think this game sucks

it's the same thing over and over:

charge headfirst into a swarm of a dozen enemies without using any kind of tactics or cover

repeat

would it kill them to take a page from games like ghost recon where you can actually take on enemies using different methods?

is the multi any better? at this point i think this was a waste of my $50
      11-14-2009, 04:21 AM   #101
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post

charge headfirst into a swarm of a dozen enemies without using any kind of tactics or cover

repeat

would it kill them to take a page from games like ghost recon where you can actually take on enemies using different methods?

play live

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #102
scollins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post

repeat

What level are you playing on? If you just run into a group of enemy on Veteran, they'll light you up in a hurry. You have to use cover and tactics.

Now, I've done the game on Veteran, and I'm going back to collect the intel pieces. I'm doing that on Recruit because you can stand in a hail of gunfire for what seems like forever...

Also, in the Specs Ops missions, there are times when you have to crawl and sneak around. If you just run, you'll alert the guards and dogs, and they'll chew you to bits....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #103
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I finished the game in Hardened....enemies will KILL you on their second to third shot....
you really have to use cover on Hardened and Veteran difficulty...

Now i'm back to Recruit to collect the rest of intel pieces and get some more medals (like killing 10 chickens or something)...now three more intels left in the final stage....
      11-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #104
timn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

spec ops is hard as shit on 3 stars for most any level. insane.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #105
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

i just finished it on veteran. overall, im pretty happy with it. im going to play it over and really pay attention to the story. also, i fucked around in the pit for a little and managed a 26.8 time
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #106
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
i just finished it on veteran. overall, im pretty happy with it. im going to play it over and really pay attention to the story. also, i fucked around in the pit for a little and managed a 26.8 time
Dude I always send you a game invite, but your always playing single player -_-

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #107
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dude I always send you a game invite, but your always playing single player -_-
he doesn't like you!
      11-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #108
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Easily best first person shooter I've ever played. Anyone do the second to last mission in the spec ops? It's you against 10 juggernuts. In the description it says you gotta be insane to try this haha I spent 4 hours playing and still lost

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #109
scollins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Now i'm back to Recruit to collect the rest of intel pieces and get some more medals (like killing 10 chickens or something)...now three more intels left in the final stage....
"Colonel Sanders" is 7 chickens in 10 seconds. Harder to get that than I thought, those damn chickens will take some hits!

Spec Ops is kicking my butt now......
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #110
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
"Colonel Sanders" is 7 chickens in 10 seconds. Harder to get that than I thought, those damn chickens will take some hits!

Spec Ops is kicking my butt now......

After clear out all enemies...i managed to found 4-5 chickens still alive stacked together....and a 3 others on other side....so i threw a grenade to the bunched up chicken and start to shoot the rest...

Grenade is the key!!!