BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

09-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

Need Your Opinions my frds!!!

OK so this friday will be my first small mod for my 2011 e90 m3 is going on tints!!! I am getting them done 20% all around.. Now i am also thinking about getting the windsheild tinted.. What do you guys think? Does anyone have an m3 with tint on their windshield?? how often have you been pulled over?? and how dark did you go? btw my car is jet blk with blk interior..... Picts would help thanks guys......

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
nebz
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

i think tintin windshield 75% is good snice u have black interior and black headliner.. i had 50% on my 335i .. cant see in even its daylight out.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
88Mph
Rep
Drives: C240

I've gotten pulled over just for tints on my side windows. I am at 25% maybe a little darker because of factory tints. The on ramp to the Belt exit 4 and 5 is where they nabbed me.

The tickets themselves aren't horrible but keep in mind if you get pulled over for anything else that is an auto extra ticket for each window.

In Brooklyn South TVB i think each ticket was 15-50 (i forget, just giving a range) but that is after I went in and pleaded guilty to them and got a reduction. If you do get a ticket make sure not to plead innocent and then change to guilty later on because the surcharge on that is even more than the ticket!!!

I've had tints on E36 M3, MB C240 and despite being pulled over 3 times for them I'll probably get them when I get my E92 M3 (sometime in the future).

The city is hurting for money bad.

I honestly wouldn't do the 20% windshield though just because of visibility issues. If you need to tint the front maybe go a bit lighter.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebz View Post
i think tintin windshield 75% is good snice u have black interior and black headliner.. i had 50% on my 335i .. cant see in even its daylight out.
I see your point thanks man.. I think i will do 75% for the windsheild..

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Mph View Post
I've gotten pulled over just for tints on my side windows. I am at 25% maybe a little darker because of factory tints. The on ramp to the Belt exit 4 and 5 is where they nabbed me.

The tickets themselves aren't horrible but keep in mind if you get pulled over for anything else that is an auto extra ticket for each window.

In Brooklyn South TVB i think each ticket was 15-50 (i forget, just giving a range) but that is after I went in and pleaded guilty to them and got a reduction. If you do get a ticket make sure not to plead innocent and then change to guilty later on because the surcharge on that is even more than the ticket!!!

I've had tints on E36 M3, MB C240 and despite being pulled over 3 times for them I'll probably get them when I get my E92 M3 (sometime in the future).

The city is hurting for money bad.

I honestly wouldn't do the 20% windshield though just because of visibility issues. If you need to tint the front maybe go a bit lighter.
Thanks man, I do think 20% on the windshield would be crazy dark and hard to see. I am going with 75% and hopefuly not get pulled over .

Appreciate 0