BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1st 1000WHP F10M5 in the world

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Hello everyone. Its been a while since I posted in the M3 forum. I bought an M5 that ive built and since its going back in the shop i guess ill be needing a beater for a while so! Without further ado.

I got a E92 M3 with a spun rod bearing for around 10k and dropped it off at BPC. Plans for it will be:

Phase 1:
New motor
Vac Rod bearings (installed when used motor arrived)
Stage 2 Harrop Supercharger
ARH Long Tube Headers
ARH Full Exhaust
Suspension
Wheels

Phase 2:
Forged internals
Ssp clutch pack
Full gut
Sparco EVO ii seats
Full roll cage
Sparco steering wheel
Liberty walk kit
Maybe color change
Forgeline wheels
MCS suspension
Aeromotions S2 dynamic wing
Front splitter
Rear diffuser
Carbon fiber roof conversion

Oem wheels with tires will be for sale.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
BOOF-M34451.50
aus891.50
      08-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

AWESOME!!!
Gintani Supercharger/ Gintani x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 1
M4_Ronin479.50
      08-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

Very cool!
Appreciate 1
M4_Ronin479.50
      08-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #4
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

I think there's a few things here that don't make sense. If you've got an engine with spun rod bearings, the crank is most likely dead and needs to be replaced. Spun rod bearings are about 50-50 putting micro cracks in the crank or damaging the journals beyond repair. I hope the shop isn't one of those that will rebuild the engine without honing the cylinders and putting in new rings. Assuming both are true, you're already at the same price as building a new engine with forged internals. So might as well do that first and get it out of the way.

But since you mentioned doing the engine twice, would you be thinking that because you want to drop the compression at the same time? If not, no point in building it a second time. Again, best to do that first and get it over with because the cost is the same.

Now, if I had that second point right, then I think you're choosing the wrong supercharger. Not only will it fail to provide the boost required, but I don't know of any tuners that can tackle a job like this with that kit. Before anybody goes back and forth on that point, I'll stand by both comments.

If you're really into doing this project yourself, hopefully that's food for thought. If you're looking for getting up and running quick, then I might have another solution for you of a complete low compression motor with forged internals + supercharger kit that's never been run. I think it might also be the same price as your phase-1 alone if the guy's as motivated to sell as I think he is. If that sounds like a direction that interests you, PM me and I'll send you the guy's contact information and you can talk to him directly without me involved.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #5
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
I think there's a few things here that don't make sense. If you've got an engine with spun rod bearings, the crank is most likely dead and needs to be replaced. Spun rod bearings are about 50-50 putting micro cracks in the crank or damaging the journals beyond repair. I hope the shop isn't one of those that will rebuild the engine without honing the cylinders and putting in new rings. Assuming both are true, you're already at the same price as building a new engine with forged internals. So might as well do that first and get it out of the way.

But since you mentioned doing the engine twice, would you be thinking that because you want to drop the compression at the same time? If not, no point in building it a second time. Again, best to do that first and get it over with because the cost is the same.

Now, if I had that second point right, then I think you're choosing the wrong supercharger. Not only will it fail to provide the boost required, but I don't know of any tuners that can tackle a job like this with that kit. Before anybody goes back and forth on that point, I'll stand by both comments.

If you're really into doing this project yourself, hopefully that's food for thought. If you're looking for getting up and running quick, then I might have another solution for you of a complete low compression motor with forged internals + supercharger kit that's never been run. I think it might also be the same price as your phase-1 alone if the guy's as motivated to sell as I think he is. If that sounds like a direction that interests you, PM me and I'll send you the guy's contact information and you can talk to him directly without me involved.
What doesnt make sense to you?

I already bought a used engine. They went in from under the motor and replaced the rod bearings so i dont have the same failure with the second engine. Its already in the car and running. As i stated i have a previous M5 build with them that takes priority so i need a beater. Full engine build not part of the plan right now.

This "shop" that you speak of is called Bimmer Performance Center and they built my custom Borgwarner EFR F10 M5 which is about to crush 1000 rwhp. So no i don't think they will forget about small details.

After we do this and break the half mile record for the F10 M5 then we can focus on turning the E92 M3 into a Full on track rat. Which is why i said forged internals after phase 2.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      08-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
E90_M3_Dubai
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 - 11 E71 X6M

Awsome !

can you please elaborate more on the "Stage 2 Harrop SC " that you got ?

is it released already ??
Appreciate 1
M4_Ronin479.50
      08-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #7
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Don't hold your breath on the Stage 2 Harrop SC release.. We've been waiting quite a while.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=310
Supercharger is already on its way. Should be posting pics next week. BPC is awesome in getting this car up and running so fast. By the end of next week we should have a Harrop M3. beater life.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 11:19 PM   #8
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_M3_Dubai View Post
Awsome !

Pretty sure just like everyone else its just a smaller pulley to increase boost a bit. And a different tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 01:29 AM   #9
eternallx
Looking
United_States
Rep
Drives: 0.0

Last we heard from Harrop is that they are still in testing.

If they really sent you a smaller pulley and revised tune to go along with it then I am super excited to see what you make and at what psi.
      08-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #10
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben7520 View Post
Quote:
Awsome !

Pretty sure just like everyone else its just a smaller pulley to increase boost a bit. And a different tune.
No, you can't run a smaller pulley. It won't fit. Stage II is still in development... waiting for car to hit dyno.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 2
R_lara80.00
Get lit372.00
      08-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #11
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Awsome !

No, you can't run a smaller pulley. It won't fit. Stage II is still in development... waiting for car to hit dyno.
Thanks for clearing this up. Seems like everyone is hot on your ass about this stage 2 kit
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #12
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for clearing this up. Seems like everyone is hot on your ass about this stage 2 kit
It's coming - we're testing with different injectors and MAP sensors. But mainly waiting for Harrop to have car strapped to dyno. My cars been at the bodyshop for 5 months and should get it next week. Although they've been saying that for weeks... the 600+ CC injectors are waiting

If you want to raise boost you'll have to change the crank pulley as the one fitted on the blower itself is pretty much the smallest it can be.

Nice build.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1
M4_Ronin479.50
      08-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #13
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallx View Post

If they really sent you a smaller pulley and revised tune to go along with it then I am super excited to see what you make and at what psi.
To be completely honest we opted on stage 2 because we were told it would be out in 2 more weeks and that the supercharger is not increasing in size. Were not trying to break any record as far as power goes with this platform because it will be meaningless as most SC kits fall around the same power level. 500 rwhp and 320-380rwtq. The goal is to build a beater that will eventually turn into a track toy. I already have an M5 that goes 169 mph in the 1/2 mile so i don't need a fast straight line power M3.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #14
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

To be completely honest we opted on stage 2 because we were told it would be out in 2 more weeks and that the supercharger is not increasing in size. Were not trying to break any record as far as power goes with this platform because it will be meaningless as most SC kits fall around the same power level. 500 rwhp and 320-380rwtq. The goal is to build a beater that will eventually turn into a track toy. I already have an M5 that goes 169 mph in the 1/2 mile so i don't need a fast straight line power M3.
I'm not sure who told you that from Harrop as it's not the case. I did tell Dan that Stage II would still use the 1740 blower, however.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #15
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure who told you that from Harrop as it's not the case.
Well i'm excited either way. This post wasn't intended to piss anyone off or cause stress for harrop or Mbenvo. It's s simply a "I'm building an M3, this is the shit thats going into it, have a nice day". We decided on stage 2 simply because it was an option. If Harrop decides they want to wait another month, another year, or hell just never releasing stage 2 in the first place... I don't really care. I just want a raw S65 M3 with that pissed off stray cat under the hood sound I'll settle for a stage 1 roots over centrifugal stage whatever any day of the week. Stop waiting people. Yolo
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 04:37 PM   #16
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well i'm excited either way. This post wasn't intended to piss anyone off or cause stress for harrop or Mbenvo. It's s simply a "I'm building an M3, this is the shit thats going into it, have a nice day". We decided on stage 2 simply because it was an option. If Harrop decides they want to wait another month, another year, or hell just never releasing stage 2 in the first place... I don't really care. I just want a raw S65 M3 with that pissed off stray cat under the hood sound I'll settle for a stage 1 roots over centrifugal stage whatever any day of the week. Stop waiting people. Yolo
It's not a matter of causing trouble or being upset... simply trying to clear up miscommunication. If someone told you that stage II was being released in two weeks and you purchased the kit on the basis of that (which is what you said right?) then that should be cleared up so others are not confused.

Stage II is in development and has no set release date at the moment.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #17
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's not a matter of causing trouble or being upset... simply trying to clear up miscommunication. If someone told you that stage II was being released in two weeks and you purchased the kit on the basis of that (which is what you said right?) then that should be cleared up so others are not confused.

Stage II is in development and has no set release date at the moment.
well we will have to circle back in a few weeks then
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #18
GP0256
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 MINI GP

Quote:
What doesnt make sense to you?

I already bought a used engine. They went in from under the motor and replaced the rod bearings so i dont have the same failure with the second engine. Its already in the car and running. As i stated i have a previous M5 build with them that takes priority so i need a beater. Full engine build not part of the plan right now.

This "shop" that you speak of is called Bimmer Performance Center and they built my custom Borgwarner EFR F10 M5 which is about to crush 1000 rwhp. So no i don't think they will forget about small details.

After we do this and break the half mile record for the F10 M5 then we can focus on turning the E92 M3 into a Full on track rat. Which is why i said forged internals after phase 2.
This place is great with engine builds and tuning. I saw your M5 conservatively put down 807 HP at the wheels in their shop, that thing is a beast! Can't wait to see how this comes out
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #19
R_lara
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: E90 2009 M3 Ess VT2650, F30 33

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Please Define "Beater" this Build is $$$ so I don't understand the term.

Thanks

Richard
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 05:07 PM   #20
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_lara View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Please Define "Beater" this Build is $$$ so I don't understand the term.

Thanks

Richard
Because i will beat the ever loving piss out of it. gonna be a track slut eventually
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #21
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]

This is from last friday. Forgot to post.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #22
M4_Ronin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Some updates!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1