BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

07-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
scutri
Rep
Drives: m3

September Changes & My Order Today

Folks,

Im new to the board... I just ordered my first M3 Coupe and cant wait for delivery. I bought from my man Mike Lyubimov, the internet manager, at BMW of Tenafly in bergen county, NJ.

It's kind of weird timing w/ the factory shut down and whatnot, so I will be getting a September build hopefully by end of Sept or early Oct. I didnt want the anti theft alarm, but it part of the convenience package now so i really had no choice. They still haven't announced pricing for the new packages officially so i am buying kind of blind although we did agree to terms of invoice +$250.00 where invoice is 93% of MSRP. Anyone considering ordering now should know that power seats are no longer standard, and since i am going speed cloth seats and didnt get the Premium package, i am stuck w/ the manual seats (although i think lumbar and side boosters are still power)

My order: IB Coupe, Speed Cloth, Convenience Package, Carbon Leather, 19" double spokes, premium sound, smartphone, EDC.

I cannot wait.

PS- Mike Lyubimov is the man, and i suggest anyone in Northern NJ, Souther CT, or NYC consider calling him. He was great to deal with and is starting to get some love from the boards here (That is how i found him).

s

I chose to do the Spartanburg, SC Performance Center pickup. I cant wait.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 e90

Congrats!

I ordered mine 2 days ago but am very confused on the pricing still. Especially the premium package. Did the dealer quote you on the price for that?

Mine is blocked and I was also charged $455 for the Carbon Leather Trim which comes up seperately. Before it was part of the old Premium Package. I'm hoping its just a pricing issue.

Also just so you know my SA told me that the pricing should be revealed first week of August so we'll find out next week I'm hoping.

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Congrats!

I ordered mine 2 days ago but am very confused on the pricing still. Especially the premium package. Did the dealer quote you on the price for that?

Mine is blocked and I was also charged $455 for the Carbon Leather Trim which comes up seperately. Before it was part of the old Premium Package. I'm hoping its just a pricing issue.

Also just so you know my SA told me that the pricing should be revealed first week of August so we'll find out next week I'm hoping.

Are you sure? I'm going to pick up my M3 today, and the Carbon Leather is charged seperately from the Premium Package.
      07-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep

If you are ordering the new 2011.5 cars it is as of now. But this may be because of the blocked pricing. Even the leathers are no longer part of the premium package.

This is what is shown on my invoice and OP maybe you can chime in also with what you have:

ZP2
313 Power Folding auto dimming mirrors N/C
319 Universal garage Door Opener N/C
4MY Carbon Leatehr Interior Trim $455
4NA Digital Compass Mirror N/C
639 BMW Assist with Bluetooth

Also it lists seperately from the ZP2 package:

Upholstery:
NCH5 Fox Red/Black/Black - N/C

Its showing the new upholstery as free also so I'm guessing this is just a system issue.

If you are picking your car up today more than likely this doesnt affect you and you have the original 2011 car, not the one with Start/Stop.

I'm ending up paying way more than I was going to with these new repackaging as of now. I'm hoping it gets resolved soon.

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

I bought my E92 M3 ZCP from Mike Lyubimov at BMW of Tenafly,- I highly recommend him as well
      07-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3

^any contact info? pm me if you dont mind
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutri View Post
Folks,

Im new to the board... I just ordered my first M3 Coupe and cant wait for delivery. I bought from my man Mike Lyubimov, the internet manager, at BMW of Tenafly in bergen county, NJ.

It's kind of weird timing w/ the factory shut down and whatnot, so I will be getting a September build hopefully by end of Sept or early Oct. I didnt want the anti theft alarm, but it part of the convenience package now so i really had no choice. They still haven't announced pricing for the new packages officially so i am buying kind of blind although we did agree to terms of invoice +$250.00 where invoice is 93% of MSRP. Anyone considering ordering now should know that power seats are no longer standard, and since i am going speed cloth seats and didnt get the Premium package, i am stuck w/ the manual seats (although i think lumbar and side boosters are still power)

My order: IB Coupe, Speed Cloth, Convenience Package, Carbon Leather, 19" double spokes, premium sound, smartphone, EDC.

I cannot wait.

PS- Mike Lyubimov is the man, and i suggest anyone in Northern NJ, Souther CT, or NYC consider calling him. He was great to deal with and is starting to get some love from the boards here (That is how i found him).

s

I chose to do the Spartanburg, SC Performance Center pickup. I cant wait.
Actually I wish I got manual seats with the leather. I never get power seats and now I have them with my car. You save about 15 - 20lbs of not having the motors and tracks for the powerseats.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
comebackid
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Competiton, 2021 X7

I can second that as well. A big bump for BMW of Tenafly. Sales AND service. You can PM me as well if you're looking to pull the trigger soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
scutri
Rep

I did see the same thing as you on the Carbon Leather trip and Premium package prob on pricing. I didnt get the premium package because i had my heart set on the cloth seats and it wasnt an option. im sure that once the pricing gets unblocked, then you will get credited that $500 or whatever.

you can find Mike at tenafly @ 201-568-9000. Solid guy and it working his nuts off to build some cred w/ these boards. Show him some love.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
It's kind of weird timing w/ the factory shut down and whatnot, so I will be getting a September build hopefully by end of Sept or early Oct. I didnt want the anti theft alarm, but it part of the convenience package now so i really had no choice.
Congrats on your order.

If you don't mind me asking, what was it about the convenience package that you had to have? Was it Comfort Access? I ask because I know that in the past, Navigation, PDC, and USB could all be ordered standalone, and I would guess that this will continue from September on as well. So, the only thing included in the convenience package that could not previously be ordered stand-alone is CA. Sure, it's a good bet that the annoying "CA-cock-block" will continue, yes, but unless this is confirmed for sure by the ordering system already, I would not necessarily assume it to be true.

In other words, you may be able to skip ZCV and just order the individual options you want. If you don't care about CA, this is a really, really good bet. If you do, well, it's not so likely unfortunately. Now, whether or not doing it this way would mean spending more for less, we can't say until the prices are released.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 04:13 AM   #11
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

You US.Boys could be happy to get these September changes... we in Germany getting nothing except such BS as enhanced Conneted Drive.

Uli_HH
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
Are you sure? I'm going to pick up my M3 today, and the Carbon Leather is charged seperately from the Premium Package.
Yes, carbon leather was part of the package before. I got it on mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
scutri
Rep

[QUOTE=mkoesel;7751776]Congrats on your order.

If you don't mind me asking, what was it about the convenience package that you had to have? Was it Comfort Access? I ask because I know that in the past, Navigation, PDC, and USB could all be ordered standalone, and I would guess that this will continue from September on as well. So, the only thing included in the convenience package that could not previously be ordered stand-alone is CA. Sure, it's a good bet that the annoying "CA-cock-block" will continue, yes, but unless this is confirmed for sure by the ordering system already, I would not necessarily assume it to be true.

CA was something i wanted but wouldnt have died if i didnt get it.. i wanted everything in that package except for theft alarm, i dont think each was individual option, but to be honest i have to go thru everything again now that pricing came out.

btw, my all in cost is $100 lower MSRP and i got the anti theft alarm too, so all worked out ok. Mike from Tenafly called me today.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
CA was something i wanted but wouldnt have died if i didnt get it.. i wanted everything in that package except for theft alarm, i dont think each was individual option,
Gotcha. Like I say, Nav, PDC and USB should indeed be available standalone, unless they have changed that as of September. So, if you were/are trying to be as minimalist as possible, you could just order those individually. But, since you want CA anyway, you might as well get the package.

Quote:
but to be honest i have to go thru everything again now that pricing came out.

btw, my all in cost is $100 lower MSRP and i got the anti theft alarm too, so all worked out ok. Mike from Tenafly called me today.
Didn't know 2011.5 pricing was out - that's big news as far as I know. I guess I'll check the ordering forum to see if it has been posted there.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #15
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Gotcha. Like I say, Nav, PDC and USB should indeed be available standalone, unless they have changed that as of September. So, if you were/are trying to be as minimalist as possible, you could just order those individually. But, since you want CA anyway, you might as well get the package.

Didn't know 2011.5 pricing was out - that's big news as far as I know. I guess I'll check the ordering forum to see if it has been posted there.
Hmm.. good question mkoesel. Scutri how did you know its 100 below MSRP? Do you have the pricing for the packages?

Last edited by VonSwoopington; 08-03-2010 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0