BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

01-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Rear plastic casing of LCI tail light assembly

Just to settle my curiousity once and for all...

Does BMW make TWO versions of LCI tail lights?

I am only talking in regards to the rear plastic casing of the assemblies (Encasing the LEDs).

My previous blacklines came with black rear plastic casings while my current LCIs came with light colored ones

From the slight crevices between the actual tail light assembly and the rear quarter panel I can actually see the back of the tail lights because the contrast with the body color of sparkling graphite

My LCI rear conversion parts came off of a white E90... Am I paranoid or did BMW make different versions for light and dark colored cars?

I do not recall different part numbers to look out for when one is looking to do a LCI rear conversion?

Or do I just need to take another look at adjusting the position of the outer assemblies?

There are no major gaps or anything.. but its enough such that I can see the light colored parts behind the crevice...

Please help

Last edited by BIU; 01-05-2013 at 03:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Normal.

Two different ones, Euro Spec and US spec. Although this is separate from the issue you are describing.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
advans
Advansolosis
Rep
Drives: ///M+////AMG

I doubt. But like said above, US and Euro Versions.

Since you're in Hong Kong, where did you order your "conversion" kit? maybe that answers your question.

but I highly doubt they make dark/light lenses for different colorered cars. What would Titanium Grey/SG be?

2011 E90 M3, ESS VT2-650, 2015 GL550
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Normal.

Two different ones, Euro Spec and US spec. Although this is separate from the issue you are describing.
Phew... Thanks Mike.. I was freaking out here for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by advans View Post
I doubt. But like said above, US and Euro Versions.

Since you're in Hong Kong, where did you order your "conversion" kit? maybe that answers your question.

but I highly doubt they make dark/light lenses for different colorered cars. What would Titanium Grey/SG be?
Yes I am aware there are the US and Euro versions. I infact have the US version since the salvaged rear I found in the junkyards came from the US (Was supposedly on its way to China).

It is the plastic casing in the back of the assembly that houses the LEDs; Not that they have dark/light lenses
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
advans
Advansolosis
Rep
Drives: ///M+////AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
Phew... Thanks Mike.. I was freaking out here for a while

Yes I am aware there are the US and Euro versions. I infact have the US version since the salvaged rear I found in the junkyards came from the US (Was supposedly on its way to China).

It is the plastic casing in the back of the assembly that houses the LEDs; Not that they have dark/light lenses

OHHH okay, the backing of the tail lights? its like a light grey. well side note, I actually took mine off the car, and have it painted matte black, so when you look at the 'crack' where the trunk and rear quarters join, you wont see the grey.

2011 E90 M3, ESS VT2-650, 2015 GL550
Appreciate 0