BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

10-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

BPM Stage 2 dev tune + MS test pipes and Fabspeed X pipe

Hey guys! Just wanted to let u guys know what I did this awesome weekend. On Saturday I met up with another forum member and we did a swap of my stock setup with his. I was originally only going to get his macht schnell test pipes but the body shop ended up giving me his Fabspeed X pipe too so instead of switching back, he let me purchase his X pipe as well. All I can say is WOW! The car just screams now but it's not as obnoxious as other setups. The growl around 3000 RPM range is just intoxicating. I always thought the stock setup was loud but clearly I was mistaken. I wasn't sure if I wanted the X pipe but it ended up being a blessing in disguise.

Few days later I got the SES sign come up and knew it was time to give Mike Benvo a call. I already had the stage 1 tune from him and he had offered me the new dev tune last week. I sent him a text and within an hour, I had the tune done and ready to go. Typical BPM service, fast, simple, and pain-free. Before I thought the car was amazing, now it's just a monster. The tune has made a huge difference and the cars responsiveness is instant now. Combined with the free servotronic, this is how a true M car should be and it is! I also noticed a change in the sound as well. It doesn't seem as 'uncivilized' and while it's still plenty loud, it sounds just smoother and my neighbor had no complaints! Also the drone in cold starts are also gone which was much needed since I live in a residential area. Anyway, that's all for now. If anyone is on the fence about which tune to get, BPM is the way to go. You deal straight with the guy that made the tune so he has the answers for everything and actually cares about your car. My car had some issues before and he ended up recommending me not getting a few things I wanted just to be safe. He's not going to try to sell you everything and will work with you. If you don't believe me, do a search on the forum and majority of the reviews are for BPM. Alright everyone, be safe and thanks for reading!
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

100 % agreed !
BPM and Mike-Benvo are the best

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
100 % agreed !
BPM and Mike-Benvo are the best
haha yes! BPM FTW!
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Glad you are enjoying it! I wonder what the differences between the original Stage II tune and the Dev Tune that you got are (both coding and dyno results). Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Space Gray DCT

+1 for Mike Benvo!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Glad to hear it. I too have had the BPM dev tune (I have full cats tho) and have been running it few weeks, and agree it is awesome! Have been datalogging several real world WOT 2nd and 3rd gear runs at sea level on flat roads with my BT tool and have to say the logged parameters (actual moment/torque, throttle, A/F, timing, VANOS, knock events, retard, etc) look fantastic for 91 octane. Actually after my last datalog, I sent over to Mike and within a couple of hours he slightly tweaked the tune to further optimize the very top end for 91 octane. Have yet to log with latest revisions in various temp and pressure conditions, but when I do will post the results to this board. Really happy with the feedback loop that Mike has provided which essentially amounts to customized tuning for my vehicle based on real world data.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

yeah that dev tune is freaking amazing....mike i know you are reading this....when do i get mine? haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3 View Post
Glad to hear it. I too have had the BPM dev tune (I have full cats tho) and have been running it few weeks, and agree it is awesome! Have been datalogging several real world WOT 2nd and 3rd gear runs at sea level on flat roads with my BT tool and have to say the logged parameters (actual moment/torque, throttle, A/F, timing, VANOS, knock events, retard, etc) look fantastic for 91 octane. Actually after my last datalog, I sent over to Mike and within a couple of hours he slightly tweaked the tune to further optimize the very top end for 91 octane. Have yet to log with latest revisions in various temp and pressure conditions, but when I do will post the results to this board. Really happy with the feedback loop that Mike has provided which essentially amounts to customized tuning for my vehicle based on real world data.
good to hear!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
yeah that dev tune is freaking amazing....mike i know you are reading this....when do i get mine? haha.
Confused....it's amazing but you don't have it yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

I have the BPM tune and DCT software upgrade and realy love it,but i will call Mike this week and we will talk about the new BPM dev tune .
BTW...i will post later this week the result of this BPM dev tune...mmmm i'm curious...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
i am local and checked it out a while ago....looks like its rolling out now to people.

end.of.confusion.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Don't think too much into it, they are all Astroturfing.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Glad you guys are liking it so far!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread