BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #89
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
Well when you email us and call us out publically on forums we pay to sponsor stating we have terrible service, it'd be nice if it was actually for 'terrible service'....and not because we couldn't fill a pre-order for something we did our best to source, but were unable to. We never even charged you a dime. If it was up to us, we'd have recieved and fiilled all of those orders, but for limited production stuff like these models, it simply isn't always possible. I'm also willing to cancel your order for the other vehicle if you'd like - we do not know if we'll see more of those...and want to avoid future bashing should that order get cancelled down the road.
I would hope you could understand my frustration especially when I ordered the white car, your site said it was in stock. It wasn't til later on that I received an email stating that it was on backorder. That was the first upsetting moment. Now you wanna get upset that I called you on it and then presume to tell me to cancel the other order as well inferring that you have no idea if you will get the art car as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #90
330iTiAg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

FYI...

After some digging and e-mails back and forth with them, ECS Tuning has the:
  • Jeff Koons M3 model (OEM Part #80432210048) listed as back ordered.
  • #78 GT2 M3 model (OEM Part #80432210470) listed as on order with an ETA of 5/21.
These are both listed with the best prices I've seen yet!

The #78 GT2 is listed as a European BMW item. Unlike US BMW dealers, ECS doesn't seem to be bound by the same restrictions on getting non-US parts from its suppliers. So hopefully they'll be able to follow through with these models.

Mods: Full Venture Shield protection kit, RPi scoops, Euro fog light switch, LUX V4, clear reflectors, OEM black chrome grilles and side gills, black hood vents, IND F10 M5 shift knob and boot

Last edited by 330iTiAg; 04-18-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #91
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I would hope you could understand my frustration especially when I ordered the white car, your site said it was in stock. It wasn't til later on that I received an email stating that it was on backorder. That was the first upsetting moment. Now you wanna get upset that I called you on it and then presume to tell me to cancel the other order as well inferring that you have no idea if you will get the art car as well?
Believe me, we do understand the frustration with not being able to get these - we had many, many orders we had to cancel...which was the last thing we wanted to do, but it was well beyond our control. We still have over 100 of the Jeff Koon's cars on order, and are hopeful we'll still allocate some stock before they are switched to the same NLA status as the other.

Our frustration is that you called us out for having terrible service on something that isn't really service related. Providing top notch customer service has always been, and will always be our # 1 priority...so we do everything possible to uphold that. Again, we opened this as a 'pre-order' in hopes we'd see stock on that, and to allow our customers first dibbs on trying to get one. We never guaranteed we'd see them, and they were listed as limited availability on our site. Our site also never stated it had them in stock - our site does not indicate stocking status of any parts ordered. Jason and I have to go into each new order and update the actual stocking status of the parts - yours was updated with the 'on order' status w/ the original email confirmation sent. Our shipping dept. then followed through w/ the backorder notification email.

We are sorry we can't get those, the last thing we wanted to have to do was cancel the orders. We didnt find out from BMW until long after those orders were placed that our orders from them were all being cancelled and this item flipped to an NLA status. We also don't know if we'll see more of the Jeff Koons cars, even though a new ETA date keeps popping up in our parts locator system (we've been checking almost daily as well). My advice is if they are available from another source - probably should jump on it before it's too late. We haven't charged anyone for those yet, so a simple email to us requesting your order to be cancelled if you decide to make other plans is no problem at all.

Thanks for your consideration. Let's put this to bed.

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #92
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
Believe me, we do understand the frustration with not being able to get these - we had many, many orders we had to cancel...which was the last thing we wanted to do, but it was well beyond our control. We still have over 100 of the Jeff Koon's cars on order, and are hopeful we'll still allocate some stock before they are switched to the same NLA status as the other.

Our frustration is that you called us out for having terrible service on something that isn't really service related. Providing top notch customer service has always been, and will always be our # 1 priority...so we do everything possible to uphold that. Again, we opened this as a 'pre-order' in hopes we'd see stock on that, and to allow our customers first dibbs on trying to get one. We never guaranteed we'd see them, and they were listed as limited availability on our site. Our site also never stated it had them in stock - our site does not indicate stocking status of any parts ordered. Jason and I have to go into each new order and update the actual stocking status of the parts - yours was updated with the 'on order' status w/ the original email confirmation sent. Our shipping dept. then followed through w/ the backorder notification email.

We are sorry we can't get those, the last thing we wanted to have to do was cancel the orders. We didnt find out from BMW until long after those orders were placed that our orders from them were all being cancelled and this item flipped to an NLA status. We also don't know if we'll see more of the Jeff Koons cars, even though a new ETA date keeps popping up in our parts locator system (we've been checking almost daily as well). My advice is if they are available from another source - probably should jump on it before it's too late. We haven't charged anyone for those yet, so a simple email to us requesting your order to be cancelled if you decide to make other plans is no problem at all.

Thanks for your consideration. Let's put this to bed.
I didn't say that the Koons one was listed as in stock but rather the white race car was which I also ordered. So yes, that was the first issue with my anger in regards to your service. The future possible cancellation of the Koons car would only fuel the fire.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #93
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 FS EDITION

Garage List
I have ONE of them...still in the box...offers welcome...lol

PREVIOUS M CARS - 02 E39 M5 / 06 E60 M5 / F10 M5 6MT 14 991 C2S
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #94
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEOF40 FS M3 View Post
I have ONE of them...still in the box...offers welcome...lol
No thanks. Ebay is bad enough with the outrageous pricing.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #95
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I didn't say that the Koons one was listed as in stock but rather the white race car was which I also ordered. So yes, that was the first issue with my anger in regards to your service. The future possible cancellation of the Koons car would only fuel the fire.
I'm not sure where you're getting this information. We never had those (the white race car) in stock - hence the pre-order. Our site never said we had them in stock, it doesn't indicate stocking status. Your order was placed on 2/10. That same day, at 11:35 am Jason updated the stocking status to 'on order' and sent the default order confirmation/update email to you. At no point did we list this item as in stock - so I'm not sure where you find the anger in our service.

This is really pointless to argue anymore; we learned a long time ago we can't please everyone. We hope your other order for the Koon's car is filled (along with everyone else's), but we really don't know if we'll see more of those - and at this point kind of doubt it as BMW no longer shows any ETAs for the US. If anyone needs or wants to cancel, just let us know. Otherwise we'll hold them open until we get official confirmation they aren't coming. Have a nice day.

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #96
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
No problem. As is customary with this site, the vendor is always right.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #97
Kobaiyashi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 (JetBlack/FoxRedExt)

I really couldn't care less that Tischer is forum sponsor....

... but I love the pre-order service! What's to complain about? They let you reserve a spot in line and don't charge you unless/until the order can be filled. Can't really think of a better way for them to handle the situation or provide a more useful way to help me try and get one of these.
      04-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #98
getBMWparts
Rep
Drives: BMW Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobaiyashi View Post
I really couldn't care less that Tischer is forum sponsor....

... but I love the pre-order service! What's to complain about? They let you reserve a spot in line and don't charge you unless/until the order can be filled. Can't really think of a better way for them to handle the situation or provide a more useful way to help me try and get one of these.
Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself. We appreciate your support!

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #99
Silver E90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

I will say this, although I'm disappointed with the #78 not being available anymore I contacted both Jason and Evan multiple times via email and almost every time within 30 minutes or less I got a response. That can't be said for other businesses that I've dealt with. It sucks that they're not available in the US, but I do still have the Art Car on order from Tischer and hope that that one comes through.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #100
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post
Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself. We appreciate your support!

I can't complain either. I ordered a Koons car and got it as well as one from my local dealer. Amazing really. I had to get my two "white" GT2s from Germany however.

I have a third Koons car on order in Austria. I'm hopeful that comes through as it will go to a good place: my temporary residence when I go to the 'Ring, nice people, seems like it would be a nice and appropriate gift for them and their two sons.
      04-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #101
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

anyone have any luck recently? or any news? i'm losing hope
      04-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #102
330iTiAg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
I can't complain either. I ordered a Koons car and got it as well as one from my local dealer. Amazing really. I had to get my two "white" GT2s from Germany however.
How long ago did you order and locally buy your two Jeff Koons cars?

ECS Tuning just cancelled my white GT2 order. Where in Germany did you order your white GT2's?

Mods: Full Venture Shield protection kit, RPi scoops, Euro fog light switch, LUX V4, clear reflectors, OEM black chrome grilles and side gills, black hood vents, IND F10 M5 shift knob and boot
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #103
330iTiAg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Evan or Jason, have you guys seen any of Jeff Koons M3's come in from Germany since the rumored 4/16 arrival date?

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #104
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iTiAg View Post
Evan or Jason, have you guys seen any of Jeff Koons M3's come in from Germany since the rumored 4/16 arrival date?
We have not, but that doesn't mean other dealerships didn't receive some orders that were submitted prior to ours. (I honestly kinda doubt it though)

As of right this minute, there is no ETA posted, but they are still not listed as NLA - so hope remains.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #105
mshab356
Go ///M or go home
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Never a fan of the rally art cars but that looks good.

P.S. Koons. All my persians will get that one.
Hahaha I used to laugh every time I passed by the Koons dealership as a kid love being Persian

GONE 2011 SG/Blk E92 M3 CS 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #106
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
How long ago did you order and locally buy your two Jeff Koons cars?

ECS Tuning just cancelled my white GT2 order. Where in Germany did you order your white GT2's?
I ordered two Koons cars in February. I ordered one from Tischer February 2 and it shipped on February 6. I don't have the specifics on the one from my dealer but it was about the same time.

I got the white GT2s via eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_937wt_1165

Looks like they might be finally out of them.
      05-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #107
VR000M5
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

another toy to add to the set!!! if i can find one haha
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #108
SiRR
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.50]
Post #47 - Finally after about a 5 month wait...got a call from my dealership today, so had to pick it up...BMW Art Car

Now fast forward, a few more months of waiting...it finally arrives...BMW M3 GT2 #78, enjoy!

Unboxing...

Out of box, off base, interior shots...

Front and side profile...

Top profile...

2011 E90///M3 Alpine Weiss| 6MT | Carbon Black Leather | Comp Pkg
2007 Si Taffeta White | 6MT | HFP Susp. | VOLK GT-S
[IMG]http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578

Last edited by SiRR; 05-04-2012 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #109
330iTiAg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRR View Post
Post #47 - Finally after about a 5 month wait...got a call from my dealership today, so had to pick it up...BMW Art Car

Fast forward, a few more months of waiting...it finally arrives...enjoy!
That's AWESOME!!! Nice photos. They look professional. However, that's not the art car.

Too bad BMW screwed the rest of us by dangling a carrot in front of our faces and then quickly yanked it away! I'd be curious to know why this happened and whether the problem was with BMW or Minichamps.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #110
SiRR
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
That's AWESOME!!! Nice photos. They look professional. However, that's not the art car.

Too bad BMW screwed the rest of us by dangling a carrot in front of our faces and then quickly yanked it away! I'd be curious to know why this happened and whether the problem was with BMW or Minichamps.
Thanks! Ya, the Art Car photos I took are on post #47!

Ya, I dont know how they accolate stock for these kinds of items. Once I knew these were available I just went to my local dealer gave them parts numbers, and waited...

2011 E90///M3 Alpine Weiss| 6MT | Carbon Black Leather | Comp Pkg
2007 Si Taffeta White | 6MT | HFP Susp. | VOLK GT-S
[IMG]http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578
Appreciate 0