BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

01-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Steering audio settings reversed?

Hey guys, the two buttons that change the track forward / back are reversed on my steering wheel. When I push the "up" arrow it goes back to the previous song and when I push the "down" arrow it skips to the next song! Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
Chris M4CS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4CS

I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be. If you have idrive the list of songs will appear on the screen in a list format so using the down arrow will go to the next song on the list which is down.

It frustrates me that my Dodge Ram is configured the way you suggest. The list on my screen is displayed like a list also, but the arrows are opposite of navigating the list. So if I want the next song down on my playlist, I have to hit the up arrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWeiss
I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be. If you have idrive the list of songs will appear on the screen in a list format so using the down arrow will go to the next song on the list which is down.

It frustrates me that my Dodge Ram is configured the way you suggest. The list on my screen is displayed like a list also, but the arrows are opposite of navigating the list. So if I want the next song down on my playlist, I have to hit the up arrow.
Ahh, thanks. That makes sense. My last BMW didn't have idrive so the opposite was true.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
M3AG
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
Hey guys, the two buttons that change the track forward / back are reversed on my steering wheel. When I push the "up" arrow it goes back to the previous song and when I push the "down" arrow it skips to the next song! Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?
My E90 without iDrive is the same and my M3 with iDrive is reversed.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #5
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
2008 M3 iphone 5 connectivity

Hey all,

I just picked up an 08 Jerez black M3 two days ago and have a few questions about iphone 5. I have ios 7.1 and have a usb port and small case for an ipod, attached to the center console, inside. I could not get my iphone to read in the idrive menu, I did attempt using the "external device" feature. Currently, I am using the a car charger and aux port. If I use the y-cable, will I be able to control my iphone 5 through the idrive system. I would like full integration, if possible. Also, I had an Alpine custom stereo in my last car and I was able to run my "maps navigation" app through the car stereo, can I do this with a 2008 M3? In addition. I have got the bluetooth sync to work well, but haven't got music to play through car using bluetooth. I am new to this car so any help would be appreciated, thanks. Lastly, the M3 is AWESOME!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
M3AG
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by premp View Post
Hey all,

I just picked up an 08 Jerez black M3 two days ago and have a few questions about iphone 5. I have ios 7.1 and have a usb port and small case for an ipod, attached to the center console, inside. I could not get my iphone to read in the idrive menu, I did attempt using the "external device" feature. Currently, I am using the a car charger and aux port. If I use the y-cable, will I be able to control my iphone 5 through the idrive system. I would like full integration, if possible. Also, I had an Alpine custom stereo in my last car and I was able to run my "maps navigation" app through the car stereo, can I do this with a 2008 M3? In addition. I have got the bluetooth sync to work well, but haven't got music to play through car using bluetooth. I am new to this car so any help would be appreciated, thanks. Lastly, the M3 is AWESOME!
You have to use the Y-cable to play music from your iphone 5 (you'll need lightning convertor). With iphone 4 and ipod classic you will get full integration but not sure about iphone 5.
Read this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758529

Not sure what you mean by "Maps Navigation" app.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
d0o0fy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes
I was confused the exact same way when I made the switch from the 135i (no iDrive) to the M3. Then a quick look in the manual and playing with the on-screen menus using the steering controls confirmed that everything was working the way it should be even though it's reversed from the 135i controls and (in my opinion) counter-intuitive.
2013 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT (06/13 built) :: Melbourne Red & Fox Red/Black/Black 2-tone :: H&R Sports+ Springs :: Ground Control Camber plates :: Essex/AP-Racing Radical Pro 5000R (CP9660) Front BBK :: 275/35/18 Maxxis RC1 on OZ Challenge HLT (track)
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
MilkAndRelish
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
Yes- mine is like this too. I HATE IT. I wonder if there's an easy way to reprogram this?

2008 BMW M3 Coupe | 6-Speed | SSII | Stock
SOLD: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe | 6-Speed | AW | Stock
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:37 AM   #9
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Got the Y cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AG
Quote:
Originally Posted by premp View Post
Hey all,

You have to use the Y-cable to play music from your iphone 5 (you'll need lightning convertor). With iphone 4 and ipod classic you will get full integration but not sure about iphone 5.
Read this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758529

Not sure what you mean by "Maps Navigation" app.
I bought the Y cable for $10.39 on Amazon and it works well. I have full integration,etc... Maps etc.... And music. I can control it all through I drive.
Appreciate 0