BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Accessing Key setting in CIC

I have upgraded my CCC to CIC as you know. In CCC under the M Drive menu there were sub-menus MDrive and Key Settings. But since the retrofit of the CIC, I can't access the Key settings to change. Anyone got any idea how I can access the key settings via idrive or any other way to change my settings please. Since tuning the car thru Mike I no longer need the aggressive setup on start up. Currently, I am manually turning the settings off.

The only other option I have at the moment is putting back the CCC and changing the key settings. This is a headache given that I will have to re-pin the power connector to the display.
      12-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Go to M Drive and slide the controller over to the right........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Thank you, I will try it when I am in the car this morning. Cheers
      12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
In fact after accessing the M Drive through the CIC you need to press the Options key. This will give a menu for M setting as well as M Key Settings. Then you change it. Switch off ignition, take the key out, and put it back in, and restart the car.

I after the nudge from M Ryder, I had to go and figure out myself. In fact thru the options, you can also reset the M setting. Greater options.
      12-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
PhoenixRising
Important text here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Conv

Garage List
So what is the difference between the 'M' key and the 'M' settings in the previous menu?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
M setting is for the M button on the steering wheel. While you are driving and if you are in a playful mood you can make use of the settings by pressing the M button.

M Key setting is, when you start the car with a particular key, the setting store are your default settings. That way you don't need to change the settings every time you get in the car. These are only dynamic - suspension and chassis settings. Hope this is explained.