BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #89
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
go look it up. You'll find plenty of evidence against the consumption of cow's milk.
if theres plenty of evidence, then feel free to post it. shouldnt be hard. and nothing from the extremist notmilk site.
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #90
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
if theres plenty of evidence, then feel free to post it. shouldnt be hard. and nothing from the extremist notmilk site.
ok, go ahead, look it up.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #91
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
ok, go ahead, look it up.
once again, someone who obviously has an interest in a discussion, but cant seem to be bothered to substantiate any of his claims. gtfo.

btw here are two milk articles by Alan Aragon

http://thefitnessinsider.menshealth...._were_at_.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22349307/
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #92
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
once again, someone who obviously has an interest in a discussion, but cant seem to be bothered to substantiate any of his claims. gtfo.

btw here are two milk articles by Alan Aragon

http://thefitnessinsider.menshealth...._were_at_.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22349307/
ok, now go find some articles about how cow's milk is bad for you.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #93
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,307
iTrader: (1)

__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #94
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
 
gravediggingaditch's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami

Posts: 425
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
wow cmon guys quit it out everyone get along....everyone(markoni and bobby) just do whatever works for you and stop trying to argue. Itll never end..

However markoni veggies and fruits are carb based bro, however the sugar in fruits is ok because its natural sugars, flucose...

Anyways great news guys i have officially broken my 228 barrier which is where i was last time around....

Ate some sushi yesterday and it felt amazing omg hadnt touched it since this diet... However its ok...

Also guys one thing i really recommend which is so true is take the diet slow and steady...for those looking to lose 30 pounds or more....

Yesterday i played some one on one ball with the guys and let me tell you it was a great cardio workout...+30 mins of cardio at the gym

Guys feelings the best ive ever felt for a long time, im about 20 pounds down from nov and i swear i have more energy to do things, more motivated, more concentrated and feeling a lot more positive about things...its just a great feeling...also less lazY

I still have about 26 pounds to go til i reach my goal....

and now that im sure that one day my scale was acting up, the diet i posted really does work with cardio and such..so feel free to use it...

cheers...


keep it up man - ignore all this bantering right now and just stick to your guns . . . you will get there. Just be PATIENT
PS: Sushi is great! Salmon and Tuna are obviously great for you . . . nothing wrong with a little rice . . . most places allow you to opt for the brown rice as well . . . which, isn't as good with sushi, but its better for ya. .
__________________


BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
gravediggingaditch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #95
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
Jesse,

What's up your ass (other than you lovers cock)?
wow, youre clever.

Quote:
Do you have to be a prick to everyone? I can see you acting a dick towards me since I bring just as much in return, but the way you snapped at Ferrari just because he said something that doesn't fit in with your intellectual fascism just shows what an intolerant, elitist buffoon you are.
i asked him to post evidence to substantiate his claim. i hardly see how that is a dick move.

Quote:
Seriously, get off your high horse. No one here at a CAR FORUM is going to take the time out of their day to look up studies on milk or carbs or any other shit just so we can appease you. Get over yourself, buddy.
it doesnt matter what type of forum we are posting on, unsubstantiated claims are meaningless, help no one, and provide no relevant information. if there is such an abundance of information out there showing that healthy individuals with no legitimate milk issues should avoid milk, then it shouldnt be too hard of a task to find some and post it here. it would take a minute or two, tops.

Quote:
And BTW, still waiting on those questions. You're not gonna bitch out and not answer them after I answered yours, are you? That would be quite cowardly.
nope, still waiting. ill post them again for the fifth time. although, like every direct question that you have quasi-addressed but mostly just sloppily danced around while flinging completely off the wall, random insults, your answer, if you give one, will be utterly useless.

Quote:
1. why is it that can humans eat a cow's muscles that developed with the help of cow's millk, but not the milk itself? why were humans not 'meant' to drink cows milk? were we 'meant' to eat chicken eggs, or were those 'meant' to develop into baby chickens?

2. you made the claim that 'the majority of people' have milk allergies or cannot tolerate milk. what is this based on? first hand experience? youve talked to the majority of the world's population? no? how about a representational population? no? then where is the data to substantiate this? or did you just pull this out of your ass? i posted data to the contrary to back up my claim that anti-milk nutters are fucking retarded. and since anecdotal evidence is the only thing that holds any weight for you, i cannot personally think of 1 person I know or know of that cannot tolerate milk. not 1.
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #96
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,606
iTrader: (7)

lol gee thx guys for ruining myu thread..lol
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #97
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

i know i should just fucking give up. i could have a more logical discussion with a baked potato. but i cant.

Quote:
Stupid. Just flip it around and see how idiotic your question is. Why can a calf drink its mother's milk but can't eat cow meat?
...while you proceed to not logically flip my question, but come up with completely different, completely irrelevant new question. im not even sure what youre trying to accomplish here. i asked you why we can eat cows but not drink cow milk. you then asked why can cows drink cow milk but not eat cows. gee, fuck, i dont know. maybe because they havent managed to master the art of tool making or fire. also the fact that they are not carnivores.

Quote:
Cow milk disagrees with people.
with people? with some people. but you originally said it was the majority of people, ie >50% of the general population. this was based on what?

yes, milk disagrees with a small percentage of the general population. as for the majority, they have no dairy related issues. whats the take home message from that? if you have dairy issues, dont fucking eat/drink it.

Quote:
Many top athletes avoid it altogether.
and? many top athletes are black. many top athletes are millionaires. many top athletes blow coke. many athletes are on steroids. and so on, to more irrelevant statements.

Quote:
Goat milk is a little closer to human milk and is a little easier to handle for people.
you can see how stupid this statement is by just flipping it around. humans can eat goats, but why cant goats birth sheep? see? my logic is impetuous. my facts are impregnable. I want your heart. I want to your children. Praise be to Allah.

Quote:
As for the second part of your question, WTF does eating eggs have to do with milk? They're completely different. One's meat, the other's milk.
1. no, eggs are not meat.
2. the example was meant the illustate the ridiculousness of the statement 'humans are not meant to drink milk'. well, why not?

the answer is generally something along the lines of 'cows milk is for baby cows, not for humans.' ok, so cows milks primary function is to help baby cows develop. sounds reasonable enough. well, the primary function of cows muscles are to aid the cow in movement. so again, just because something primary function isnt to feed humans, why is it that humans cant/shouldnt/are meant to eat/drink it?

which is where the egg example came in. the primary function of a chickens egg is to birth a baby chicken. they are not 'meant' for humans to eat. so why is it ok for us to eat them, and not milk?

Quote:
Well, seeing as how you answered every question yourself, YTF are you even asking me? First off, milk in the gay community is quite tolerated, so obviously you wouldn't know anyone who can't handle it. You probably walk around with a "milk" moustache the entire day.

However... in straight communities, many people have sensitivities to milk. A good portion of those are lactose intolerance. The vast majority, however, is due to pasteurization and its effect on the milk. Killing the bacteria present in milk doesn't REMOVE the bacteria, it only kills it. As such, the bacteria is still in there, only inactive. Imagine drinking cupfuls of dead bacteria and you can see why the body has an adverse reaction that results in increased mucus (the body's natural defense to clean out bacteria) and overall malaise. Add to that the doctored chemical shit cattle is fed that's processed right through into their milk.

Are you seriously arguing that milk is good for you? You do know we're talking about DAIRY milk here, and not the "milk" you're used to ingesting, right? If so, I suggest you visit a dairy farm sometime and see where your milk comes from and how it's handled.
there are about 500-1000 species of bacteria in your body, and there are at least 10 times as many bacteria cells as human cells in your body right now. i think you can handle a few from milk (if your tirade about pasteurization is even true, which is doubt. honestly i have no idea, nor do i care. milk is fucking win).

oh, and since i tend back up my claims, here are the references for the figures relating to bacteria in the human body. its pretty sciencey, so its assuredly funded by some evil corporation, and you can therefore discount it, because just pulling numbers and ideas out of thin air is much more reliable.

http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/....100177.000543
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...6714820a7ce660
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #98
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
 
MadDog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.F. Bay Area

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
lol gee thx guys for ruining myu thread..lol
Have some

MadDog is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #99
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
Here's a little tidbit for all the naysayers. It's a write-up by Randy "The Natural" Couture, 46-year-old MMA legend. I just found this 20 minutes ago so it's not like I was copying what he said, but it exactly mirrors what I said.

Keep in mind, this is coming from a guy whose health and performance is his livelihood. He's not just some egghead in a lab running test after pointless test and making up bullshit to keep the grant money rolling in.

I know the med-sci community better than you think. I know that the vast majority of studies are bullshit, with bullshit data, drummed up to keep grant money coming in. I know first hand, and the only ones who deny it are the shills still sucking on that grant teet like UncleJesse.

Now I'm not saying that all studies are bullshit. There's plenty of actual good stuff out there, but there's also an overwhelming amount of pure garbage. I'm not saying we should throw everything out. I'm just saying that everything, including so-called "scientific studies", need to be taken with a grain of salt. You can't say something is, beyond a doubt, true just because some study found it to be so.

In any event, here's what Randy Couture has to say about his own nutrition. Make up your own mind, would you rather follow someone of Randy's physique and performance, whose livelihood depends on top physical performance and health, or a bunch of out-of-shape eggheads making up bullshit studies to keep their paychecks rolling in. I know which one I choose.
you dont get it dude. some people excel despite factors like their diet and training, not because of it. If Randy Coture has convinced himself that eating X or not eating Y has in someway contributed to his success, thats great, but i highly doubt thats the case. Im sure theres a list a mile long of top athletes that dont eat X or do eat Y that are just as successful in their respective sport.

im also highly amused at every instance of you blowing by and ignoring every instance of me calling you and how big of a fucking mouth breathing knuckle dragging retard you are on how moronic your arguments are. oh wells lets just move on to some other completely irrelevant topic.

i bet you felt so god damn awesome when you found that article. "durr da durrr, OOh Randy Coture doesnt drink milk, thats a fucking argument and a half right there. this discussions ova, son. The Natural doesnt drink milk, its case closed on that shit"

bwahahahaha

Last edited by UncleJesse; 02-18-2009 at 12:34 AM.
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2009, 01:44 AM   #100
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
So you're saying that Couture's success is IN SPITE of his diet rather than BECAUSE of it?
no, i said 'some people', not 'randy couture'. learning to read will help.

Quote:
How do you explain the fact that Couture's performance and body composition improved by leaps and bounds in direct correlation to his adopting the above-stated diet?
could be any number of things.

Quote:
What other athletes do you know who perform at his level at the age of 46, and what are their eating habits?
'at his level'? how would one measure this? if you mean losing to a fighter with what, like 8 fights under his belt, then i dont know. old man is old.

Fedor drinks milk and hell kick the shit out of couture anyday of the week. Brock lesnar is a big midwest grainfed boy who IIRC grew up on a dairy farm, and did kick the shit out of couture in like 3 minutes, and ill bet a fucking dollar he drinks milk. maybe couture should fire his nutritionist.

not that either of these two facts means fuckall, but once again we see your argument not holding a single drop of water.



Quote:
Would you say that a person of Couture's profile (the face of a multi-billion dollar worldwide sport) would not have access to almost all the dietary information, studies, and programs out there, as well as access to top nutritionists? If he would, then why, with his livelihood on the line, would he choose the diet he has?
take arnold schwarzeneggar, ronnie coleman or jay cutler for example. 3 of the winningest BBers to ever live. all of them train(ed) like complete retards. no average person could train the way they do/did and make optimal, or even decent progress. they also do/did goofy shit wrt their diet that is completely meaningless and the ideas behind it proven to be bunk. then how did they succeed? they have/had access to the top nutritionist, trainers, contest prep gurus, etc. the answer is genetics and drugs. period. they excelled despite their methods, not because of them. same principal applies in every sport.

Quote:
ON EDIT: Funny that you call me a "knuckle-dragging retard", yet I would stake my life on the fact that I'm more educated and more successful than you in every possible way. You worship John Stamos for fuck's sake. You're as big a loser as they come.
its obvious how well educated you are, judging by your ample use of the word 'egghead', and 4th grade logic and reading comprehension skills. i dont know how successful you think being the night manager at ihop is, but its not very.

and like i told you before. i am john stamos. i dont worship myself. i others to do that for me.
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #101
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
^ Hahaha... You're John Stamos? And, after uttering such non-sense, you expect me to believe anything you've said thus far? Wow. You've spouted a lot of BS but that takes the cake.

Tell me, Mr. Stamos, what's your fave place to dine when you're out in Malibu? And what religion are you? Shouldn't be too tough to answer for someone who IS John Stamos.

BTW, just to clear it up, you're claiming to be John Stamos, the actor, right? Not John Stamos, some dickweed with the same name?
yes, im actually claiming to be the actor from full house. im not joking at all. ive already told you this is a troll account, but no, im totally serious when i tell you that im a tv star from the early 90s.

you are embarrassing.

or did i tear apart your argument so badly this time that this is all you have to resort to?
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #102
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
WTF are you even talking about? Stamos, trolls - you're all over the place. I've never spoken to someone as slimey as you. Can't you just man up and answer shit honestly? You act like I study your posts and really give a shit. I'm not here to play childish games. I speak honestly. If you find it tough to do the same then maybe this place isn't for you.
um...actually, im not. i guess when someones life is a continuous maze of confusion, as yours obviously is, everything may seem all over the place, but no, my response was in no way 'all over the place.' youre just taking things that i have said to you and are now saying them to me, when they dont even apply.

if you must know, my real name is Dave Coulier. Its not really John Stamos.
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2009, 03:04 AM   #103
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,307
iTrader: (1)

...
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2009, 03:07 AM   #104
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
 
Drives: Trolley Car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
...
....
UncleJesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #105
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
 
gravediggingaditch's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami

Posts: 425
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
um...actually, im not. i guess when someones life is a continuous maze of confusion, as yours obviously is, everything may seem all over the place, but no, my response was in no way 'all over the place.' youre just taking things that i have said to you and are now saying them to me, when they dont even apply.

if you must know, my real name is Dave Coulier. Its not really John Stamos.
not sure who is better - uncle jesse or joey . . . "CUT . . IT . . . OUT"
__________________


BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
gravediggingaditch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST