BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

03-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
mduval1988
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan

Need Detailer in Houston

Need the name of someone who knows the difference between a clay bar and soap bar...
Really finding it difficult to find a quality detailer in the Houston area.
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Shuskan3
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3, 1995 M3

Matt, I look forward to doing the car on Friday.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
mduval1988
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuskan3 View Post
Matt, I look forward to doing the car on Friday.
Yes and we will post pictures for all to see your fine work
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Shuskan3
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3, 1995 M3

Here is a copy of the thread that I posted on a detailing forum. It was a pleasure to work on the car today Matt! Keep in touch...

I was contacted through bimmerpost.com from a guy who wanted to get his M3 ready for a photo shoot for a calendar. The car is only a few weeks old (around 500 miles) but the paint already had some wash induced marring and a few other defects. When I first arrived, I gave the M3 a quick ONR wash and then pulled it back into the garage to pull out the halogens. This is what it looked like under the halogens....

So I pulled out Menzerna 106FF and got to work. Luckily the paint was soft, and this process was removing the defects.
After-

Before-

After-

After I finished polishing with 106FF, I gave the car another wash with Poorboys Spray and Wipe. After all polishing dust had been removed; I gave the car a 50/50 wipe down to ensure no filling and then re-checked all the paint with the halogen light. These were the results...

Now that the polishing was complete it was now time to decide which wax or sealant combo to use to meet the customers desired result. The customer was looking for the paint to be deep and rich, but also wanted it to be reflective at the same time. (Tough to do right???) After doing some thinking and thumbing through a few products that I had brought with me I decided to apply P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion first. This was applied by hand to the whole car including all the jambs.

Here is Cleansing Lotion applied...

I left the Cleansing Lotion on the paint for around 30 minutes before removing, and while this was on the paint I decided that I better get to work on the wheels, exhaust, interior and ect.. The exhaust was polished with Semi-Chrome metal polish but I forgot to snap any pictures of it. The wheels were polished and sealed with Optimum Poli-Seal and the tires and wheel wells got Optimum Tire Shine. Here was the first wheel and tire completed---

The interior got a simple vacuum and wipe down since the car is brand new no deep cleaning was required---

Now it was time for the engine. WOW, what a machine this car really is. I gave the engine a simple wipe down with Ultima Detail Spray. A few pictures of the engine---

Now back to the paint. The P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion left the paint nice, deep, rich, and pure but it was still lacking the reflectiveness that the customer was looking for. I then decided to top it with Ulima PGP and the results were STUNNING! This took the paint to a whole 'nother level and left the desired result we were after. The customer seemed extremely pleased and happy with the results, so that made it all the better. Of course when this detail was complete it was raining but the customer is going to e-mail me some of the professional shots taken of the car tomorrow. For now these indoor garage pictures will have to work (sorry I am no photographer)

Perfetion...

As I mentioned above, the car is being professionally photographed tomorrow if the weather holds up, so stay tuned for more and better pictures.

Here is a picture of the great weather... (atleast my car was beading well)

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
Maymun
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

I will be interested a professional touch on my car too, Shuskan3 contact me if you available.
      06-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

that's hot
Appreciate 0