BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

FS - 2007 Audi RS4 - 62k miles

Considering selling my 2007 Audi RS4. 62k miles. $33k without Volks, $35 with Volks.
Black on black leather Recaros with gray piping. Mostly stock except for a few items: JHM Short Shift kit, JHM Piggie Pipes (downpipes in M3 lingo) with a Unitronic tune so no CEL. Bilstein PSS9 coilovers (this fixes the car's only weakness which was the propensity for the stock suspension to fail). Volk ZE40s with 275/30/19 MPSS as well as factory wheels with Conti all seasons. Other than that, it's all stock except for some cosmetic vinyl over the silver trim that can be removed.
Overall the car is in great shape, has given me zero issues. It reminds me of the M3 in that it's just an overall solid car that really has no major issues. The carbon cleaning issue is really the car's only down-side, but it's just something I would budget on doing every 20k miles or so and if you're handy you could possibly do it yourself, it's just labor intensive so most people send it to the shop. This car was cleaned about 10k miles ago I think.
Paint and interior are as would be expected for a car with 62k on it. Some minor blemishes but nothing major. Biggest thing I notice is a bit of sap on the back driver door. I'm taking it in for a detail next week and expect it to really pop after that but don't expect them to completely fix the sap spot (approximately the size of your fingernail).
That's about all I can think about for now.
Feel free to PM me on here to discuss. Thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by JD3; 06-10-2017 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: Addition
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2017, 08:06 AM   #2
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Very cool. I used to have a B6 S4 and I still like the RS4! Good luck.
      06-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #3
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Great looking car, looks like you did the full Ti conversion as well! Love the blacked out reflectors and the meaty fitment on those ZE's. Don't forget to list this over on Audizine as well. GLWS!
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys, yep, i really like the looks with the Ti and the Volks get lots of compliments. Thanks foe the suggestion, I bought it from an Audizine member actually. I havent put it up over there yet but will. Trying to see if I can sell at cars and coffee or something first and the detail is scheduled for next week, etc. Then I'll start posting everywhere.

Last edited by JD3; 06-07-2017 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Addition
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #5
ghostofsenna
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E93 M3, E91 328xi, S4

I can't tell you how many times I've considered buying an RS4 over the last ten years. One of my ALL TIME favorites.

Can you compare the RS4 to your E92 M3?

GLWS
Appreciate 1
tareemaa367.50
      06-09-2017, 02:08 PM   #6
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofsenna View Post
I can't tell you how many times I've considered buying an RS4 over the last ten years. One of my ALL TIME favorites.

Can you compare the RS4 to your E92 M3?

GLWS
Man, if I had a dollar....haha.
It's hard for me to compare. My M3 is pretty aggressively tuned compared to the Audi, and it's DCT, but I'll tell you that around town the Audi can hang. Even on back roads, the RS4 is pretty awesome. I'm guessing the Bilstiens have a lot to do with it, but it's extremely stable in every situation, minimal body roll, etc.
On back roads you can basically keep it in 3rd, even 4th and do everything you need in the 4-6k RPM range. I rarely go over that just b/c it's not necessary. It feels like it has more torque than the M. Push the pedal in any gear and it just sort of glides past the car your passing, where the M feels like it needs to go down a gear, puts on a show and howls like a chainsaw.
Speaking of sound, again, the M has an exhaust and the RS really doesn't, but the sounds are quite different. The M sounds exotic, the RS sounds mean. Even with everything stock except the downpipes, it rumbles and burbles in very good ways. I'd love to put a full exhaust on it but one loud car is enough (for my neighbors, not for me, they should ALL be loud).
Steering feel is a toss up almost. Again, lots of camber on the M, but the Audi feels lighter, but not in a bad way as it's very accurate. Steering wheel is much thinner too, which I personally like.
Interior of the M is more modern and the Audi feels like it's from a past generation, which I guess it is, but that's part of the charm I think. Fit and finish in it is still top notch though.
Anyway, I know that's not exactly a great comparison. I would suggest watching the Top Gear episode where Clarkson rockets an RS4 down a mountain against a skier. He's thoroughly impressed and even drops the "might be better than an M" sin. I think it's close.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #7
ghostofsenna
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E93 M3, E91 328xi, S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
Man, if I had a dollar....haha.
It's hard for me to compare. My M3 is pretty aggressively tuned compared to the Audi, and it's DCT, but I'll tell you that around town the Audi can hang. Even on back roads, the RS4 is pretty awesome. I'm guessing the Bilstiens have a lot to do with it, but it's extremely stable in every situation, minimal body roll, etc.
On back roads you can basically keep it in 3rd, even 4th and do everything you need in the 4-6k RPM range. I rarely go over that just b/c it's not necessary. It feels like it has more torque than the M. Push the pedal in any gear and it just sort of glides past the car your passing, where the M feels like it needs to go down a gear, puts on a show and howls like a chainsaw.
Speaking of sound, again, the M has an exhaust and the RS really doesn't, but the sounds are quite different. The M sounds exotic, the RS sounds mean. Even with everything stock except the downpipes, it rumbles and burbles in very good ways. I'd love to put a full exhaust on it but one loud car is enough (for my neighbors, not for me, they should ALL be loud).
Steering feel is a toss up almost. Again, lots of camber on the M, but the Audi feels lighter, but not in a bad way as it's very accurate. Steering wheel is much thinner too, which I personally like.
Interior of the M is more modern and the Audi feels like it's from a past generation, which I guess it is, but that's part of the charm I think. Fit and finish in it is still top notch though.
Anyway, I know that's not exactly a great comparison. I would suggest watching the Top Gear episode where Clarkson rockets an RS4 down a mountain against a skier. He's thoroughly impressed and even drops the "might be better than an M" sin. I think it's close.

Thanks! I've driven 3 RS4s (only on test drives) and I'm always curious to hear other's opinions. Definitely have seen the Top Gear episode too...

I typically dislike aftermarket wheels on the RS4, but man, you nailed it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #8
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofsenna View Post
Thanks! I've driven 3 RS4s (only on test drives) and I'm always curious to hear other's opinions. Definitely have seen the Top Gear episode too...

I typically dislike aftermarket wheels on the RS4, but man, you nailed it.
Thanks, they were on it when I bought it. They look good plus Volks are awesome, but OEM wheels are some of my favorite stockers ever.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #9
IcemanM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 MR/FR E92 ZCP M3

Bump for a gentleman who keeps his cars in pristine mechanical condition. A true enthusiast. Wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from JD3.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #10
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep

Thanks Blake!
Appreciate 0