BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

EXXEL Distributions

03-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #23
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoCane View Post
Thanks Signes -

I should have known that there would be a thread on even this too! I appreciate the shopping list as well.

Only because I know at some point I'm going to break down and do it, because I travel a lot and at times just don't have time for a hand wash, is there a particular place you trust as a full-service car wash?

Do you have a favorite detailer or do you always do it yourself?

Looking forward to the Spring rides.
Finish Line on Colorado does a good hand wash but it's not cheap. (Got a friend with a 430 he occasionally takes there.) They also do okay machine washes and full detailing. Haven't used them for the latter but seems to be okay. I normally do my own but really time challenged these days so may have to do some searching for a good independent guy. Waterway also on Colo does a decent job, just be careful they look after your wheels.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #24
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Congrats, now let's see it!
Here you go, Signes!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244232

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #25
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Finish Line on Colorado does a good hand wash but it's not cheap. (Got a friend with a 430 he occasionally takes there.) They also do okay machine washes and full detailing. Haven't used them for the latter but seems to be okay. I normally do my own but really time challenged these days so may have to do some searching for a good independent guy. Waterway also on Colo does a decent job, just be careful they look after your wheels.
Where is Finish Line on Colorado (just south of Murray?) and what's the deal with the wheels, do they damage them?

I was taking my 330 to the place on Lincoln at about 3rd (Waterworks, maybe?). Okay machine wash... touchless.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #26
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Correct, Finish Line is the one just south of Murray. As for the wheels, they just need to be careful when they pull the car in to the track. I only had one issue once (not there) where the guide "gutter" scraped a rear wheel. In general, places like that are fine, most of the problem is with the drying and the amount of swirls dirty towels can put in black paint.

Saw the pics, looks fantastic, you have to be thrilled. BTW, glad I left my snows on - looks like the end of this week will be another storm.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #27
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Correct, Finish Line is the one just south of Murray. As for the wheels, they just need to be careful when they pull the car in to the track. I only had one issue once (not there) where the guide "gutter" scraped a rear wheel. In general, places like that are fine, most of the problem is with the drying and the amount of swirls dirty towels can put in black paint.

Saw the pics, looks fantastic, you have to be thrilled. BTW, glad I left my snows on - looks like the end of this week will be another storm.
Yeah, this is my first black car, worried about the swirls.

Re: Pics - Thanks. It is a fantastic car. Loving it.

Considering forecast for tomorrow, yup, you'll need the snows (or just leave her in the garage). 5-8" in metro area. Only in Denver can you go from almost 80 to snow a few days later.

Looking forward to some Spring drives...

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #28
M3Ron
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Sedan-DCT

Finally got a piece of good news today - my M3 started production this morning!! Scheduled to finish up by 4/3 so hopefully I see the car by early/mid-May. Keep posting guys - I'm living vicariously though you until mine arrives!