BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

12-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

DRL issue, what to do?

So my car is having some DRL malfunction issues lately, basically one of the DRL would turn off randomly and turn back on later. Not a big issue, but it does get pretty annoying, and all the other lights work perfectly.

EDIT: the actual message is daytime running/parking lamp malfunction, 2011 E92.

I installed a set of Lux H8 Angel Eye a few years ago, and that's all the mods I have done to the lightning of the car.

I am not sure if the Lux H8 Angel Eye is the same as the DRL, never done any research on this before.

Does anyone know if this is caused by the Lux H8? (Or if this is the Lux H8 malfunctioning?) Or is it something else?

What would be the best way to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

The lux is the drl. One of mine burned out. Lux offered to repair it for a good cost but i found a used set and just replaced that one.

Put the stockers back in if you want to do a test to make sure it's the lux and not something else. I didnt get a code when one of my lux wasnt working so maybe it's something else with yours.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #3
W12x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
The lux is the drl. One of mine burned out. Lux offered to repair it for a good cost but i found a used set and just replaced that one.

Put the stockers back in if you want to do a test to make sure it's the lux and not something else. I didnt get a code when one of my lux wasnt working so maybe it's something else with yours.
I was a little confused on if the thing lux replaced is the drl or not, thanks for the clarification.

I think I still have the original ones somewhere, will try to put that back and see if the issue still occurs.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #4
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Before uninstalling, double check the connection. Maybe it's loose. Worth a shot.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #5
W12x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Before uninstalling, double check the connection. Maybe it's loose. Worth a shot.
Put the OEM H8 bulbs back in, looks like the Lux's got some rust on them and maybe part of the circuit was corroded.

Don't like the yellowish light but don't feel like buying another set of Lux either, maybe I will buy a set of regular white H8 bulbs after I make sure the issue doesn't happen again.

Thanks for the help rcracin!
Appreciate 0