BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

04-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #45
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS View Post
Are the ones that come with the Competition Package on 19's meaty or not? I am not going to put some 20's anyway. Right now my apartment is at 1 mile away from work but it is not furnitured so until I find someone with a truck to carry a bed and maybe something else to my apartment from IKEA because their delivery service says they will get it to my apartment in 1 week, just been there today... I am still paying the hotel... so I am paying both the hotel and my rental... damn it...
Maybe go rent a truck at Budgettruck.com for two hours, costs about $40; get the stuff at IKEA, take it to your new apartment, get out of the hotel and save money overall. I figure that $40 is about the 1/3 the cost of a single day. Versus 7 days' hotel costs.

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #46
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

I would have done it like that but... I did not know the road to IKEA so I would have needed a navigation that my current rented car has... so I bought the bed and I am waiting it to be delivered on Sunday and I will asemble it then. Until then, I got a good two news today: first, I was aproved for a M3 lease without any credit score, because I only got social security number yesterday and the bad news is that I can't rent a garage because are all rented and the first ones will be available in 4 weeks or something... last week when I was signing the contract for the apartment they said they had garages... now they don't... yuck.
But I am in doubt if I should listen to my heart and get the M3, or go and get a Toyota and finance it for 5 years, a Rav 4 or a Camry, don't know... but they will take the sh*t out of me with the interest rates... what the hell should I do? I would not care for the Toyota to keep it just outside even if it is financed, but I would cry to know that my baby M3 that is leased would not be in a garage...damn it... hard choice...or I can get from Sterling McCall a Toyota Camry with 0 down and 0 APR just like a colleague of mine bought from there a Corolla being in the exact position like me, meaning no credit score, and the same working visa...

P.S. You were right about the roads here, they really are a mess... even in Romania we had better roads even if we don't have highways or freeways, we only have 200 miles of highways in all the country.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #47
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

I see that I am talking alone here, probably everyone considers me a troll or something. Anyway, I got a decision, BMW all the way.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #48
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
I see that I am talking alone here, probably everyone considers me a troll or something. Anyway, I got a decision, BMW all the way.
I think everyone may be waiting for you to get settled in........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #49
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
if you put a good coat of sealant/wax on the M3, even being outside will be OK on the paint

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #50
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Ok, but what about the neighbours when they open the doors from their cars? What will I do about them?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #51
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
the bad news is that I can't rent a garage because are all rented and the first ones will be available in 4 weeks or something... last week when I was signing the contract for the apartment they said they had garages... now they don't... yuck.
I feel your pain, I went through a similar experience right after I got mine delivered. The owner of the garage I had agreed to rent stalled, hemmed and hawed for three weeks "so the garage can be cleared out", until I lost my patience and opted for a less convenient location. Of course, the first guy called me saying the garage was ready a day after I put down a 6-month deposit on the other one.

Worst yet, no matter how careful I tried to be, ended up with a door ding on the driver's side (where I had to look at it every time I got in and out of the car). Decided to leave it on there for the first few months to teach me humility and not to fuss over the car too much.

Quote:
Ok, but what about the neighbours when they open the doors from their cars? What will I do about them?
You watch for them to slip and then you beat that ass.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #52
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

The problem with the garage is solved, I solved it yesterday when I said ok, you promissed me something and you did not keep your word, give me the fee for the termination of the rental because I am leaving. The answer came very fast, we can give you one todaay, or tomorrow, we just have to clean it. I was there today to get the remote control from it and did not want to give them the check for it until checking it, and surprise... it had a lot of tree leafs in it so I said no, clean it and I will have it after that, and give you the check, too.

Anyway, there was a policeman there when I got there with his wife and I told him, you better not rent here, because they say something and do some other thing until you punch the table with your hand... The woman from there said come on, you are lieing, no, I am not, if I am not satisfied with what you are offering me here I will make your life a mess, I will flood the internet with bad ratings about your complex, I will even spread fliers through all over the city with that! I have told her after that, to watch it with the maintenance and everyone that wants to enter my apartment because I will put cameras in it so they will be on camera, motion based cameras. So I really hope they don't screw with me and my nerves!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #53
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
The problem with the garage is solved, I solved it yesterday when I said ok, you promissed me something and you did not keep your word, give me the fee for the termination of the rental because I am leaving. The answer came very fast, we can give you one todaay, or tomorrow, we just have to clean it. I was there today to get the remote control from it and did not want to give them the check for it until checking it, and surprise... it had a lot of tree leafs in it so I said no, clean it and I will have it after that, and give you the check, too.

Anyway, there was a policeman there when I got there with his wife and I told him, you better not rent here, because they say something and do some other thing until you punch the table with your hand... The woman from there said come on, you are lieing, no, I am not, if I am not satisfied with what you are offering me here I will make your life a mess, I will flood the internet with bad ratings about your complex, I will even spread fliers through all over the city with that! I have told her after that, to watch it with the maintenance and everyone that wants to enter my apartment because I will put cameras in it so they will be on camera, motion based cameras. So I really hope they don't screw with me and my nerves!
WOW ...........man, talk about putting your foot down. So the question is, do you have the garage yet?...............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #54
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

On Monday they will clean it up and I will have it, I could have got it today but I said first clean it up and after that I will sign for it.

I am very rough when I have to pay for something... that does not mean I am cheap or rude or don't leave tips at the restaurants, but I just want to give my money smiling!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #55
ZTFerrari
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

You still in the sugarland area? How's it working out for you?

The flying saucer is fantastic. Highly recommended
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 07:31 PM   #56
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Yep, still here. I love the Belgium Duvel beer like I was drinking in Europe from Flying Saucer. I have replied to this topic after 1 year and a half...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #57
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

Lol, I've been reading this thread for the past 20 minutes and I just realized that this thread is old as heck
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #58
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

It happens to all of us.
Appreciate 0