BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

12-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
Mighty M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Blackberry vs. M3, Bluetooth

My blackberry worked as intended for months and months. when a call came through or I placed a call it would shut off the radio and the call came through the speakers. A-OK.

About a couple of weeks ago, I got in my car, started her up and the blackberry bluetooth "overpowered" the m3 and became connected, shutting off the radio even though no call was made or received. Sort of like skynet I guess, judgment day came and the blackberry was now in charge. The only way for me to get the radio to come back on was to disable the bluetooth on the phone.

Of course, BMW says its the blackberry; Verizon says its the BMW. BMW says this is commonplace that they dont always work. Is that a line of BS or for real? Great. Just great.

Any suggestions?
      12-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
BigGuyM3
BBM Pin# 295E3EA9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Try this

I had a simular problem on my 335i,

What I did was: Delete the phone on iDrive, delete the BMW connection on your blackberry, Restart both car and phone (blackberry: full battery pull restart) Connect both all over again. That fixed the problem for me, try it and let me know if it helps.

If it doesnt, delete the blackberry from your iDrive and connect a different blackberry if this problem is still there you know its the iDrive if its not its your blackberry.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

The fact it was working fine before and all of a sudden is not, sounds like a BMW issue. Did you try checking an obscure website that lists all the compatible bluetooth devices for our car? I haven't seen it, but look for that, and if your device is listed, then you have a legitimate argument. Otherwise they'll tell you not all devices are compatible, and will be SOL.

Try what was suggested first. I had a similar problem where my phone was dropped, like if I had never paired it. Had to do it all over again (importing address book and all) and hasn't happened again. Oh, and that time all my settings were dropped as well. Weird.

Finally, while on the subject of weird iDrive behavior, is it normal that the stupid navigation voice DOES NOT cut the radio when it comes in? That's retarded. Later gang.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
new2bmw
Rep
Drives: '10 M3 - LMB - DCT

I had this exact same issue happen in my old Lexus GS. I dont think this is BMWs fault, and may not even be the phones fault. (happened to both my iPhone & BB at different times)

Im guessing the fault lies somewhere in the BT connection itself?

Either way, I did a similar procedure to the ones mentioned above. I just deleted the phones from my car, re-set them, then all was good.

I havent had this happen in my M, but since this problem seems to extend across different manufacturers my bet is that your car is just fine.
Appreciate 0