BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
TimberWolf_3063
Dem Ingenör ist nix zu schwör!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 - DCT, EDC

Garage List
Valvetronic exhaust wired into M-Drive?

Hey guys.

Not doing an exhaust just yet, but from what I hear on YouTube, pretty much set on the Innotech Evolution or the Meisterschaft GTC...I love the exotic sound and ability to set it to quiet.

My question is, has anyone wired theirs into the M-Drive? Say the indicator light on the "POWER" button? If the exhaust valve is powered from the same circuit, every time I hit the "POWER" button or set M-Drive to turn it on...my exhaust would go into Loud Mode.

Or, through coding...would adding another line into the M-Drive options be a possibility? Especially for the Innotech, to select between CLOSED, AUTO, and OPEN, and have the system save it along with the other options?

I would appreciate any information on either option, especially personal experiences. Don't want to (eventually) spend $$$ on an exhaust and then carry a stupid remote around with me! Bypass exhaust was something these cars should have had from the factory, or at least after the LCI or on the M Performance exhaust.

Thanks a lot!
"Ah, what music! They could never have imagined it, those pioneers that invented the automobile...that it would possess us like this, and our imaginations, and our dreams. You see, men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!" - Alexander Fermor-Hesketh, 3rd Baron Hesketh
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

sub'd for info too. I like this idea
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
TimberWolf_3063
Canada
Rep

Garage List
bump
"Ah, what music! They could never have imagined it, those pioneers that invented the automobile...that it would possess us like this, and our imaginations, and our dreams. You see, men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!" - Alexander Fermor-Hesketh, 3rd Baron Hesketh
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
Brentis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 BMW e90 M3 Competition

Pretty good idea. Perhaps also turn angel eyes to red and start Enter Sandman on my HDD too.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6014.50
      01-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #5
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Didn't you already ask this question 6 months ago?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1275030

I already gave you an answer there.

And coding doesn't magically let you make custom options and lines in your iDrive, that's not how it works. At all.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 11:46 PM   #6
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the6M3 View Post
Didn't you already ask this question 6 months ago?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1275030

I already gave you an answer there.

And coding doesn't magically let you make custom options and lines in your iDrive, that's not how it works. At all.
Yes but he kind of is onto a ghetto way of doing it. One could tap into the MDM LED in the cluster or the power LED on the power button and parallel a transistor so that when the LED eliminates the voltage could be used to activate the base & collector voltage on a transistor of which the emitter could be wired to a 12volt power circuit to drive a relay. Then a single throw single/double/triple throw relay could drive anything including a valvetronic device. Because then indirectly you would have control via the wheel M button and all ya need is .7volts or higher
      01-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
TimberWolf_3063
Canada
Rep

Garage List
the6M3: Yes I did, and yes I know. Sorry to repeat myself, the reason I am resurrecting this is because I may have found a good deal on a used IPE exhaust...made me curious if there was anything else out there, since the thread was quickly lost in the shuffle. But thank you for the answer you gave, it got me asking some questions to people who are more knowledgeable about electronics than I am.

I got some info from Mike Benvo on this as well, basically extra lines can be inserted but the effort and cost is probably excessive (also requiring external hardware).

However, the answer that Scrippy gave also helps a lot. I'm good with mechanical things, but electronics are not my thing. So I am happy for input from people who understand it better...bottom line is, I would like a clean and factory-like install, just thinking about different ways to do it.

Appreciate the input
Appreciate 0