BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

View Poll Results: Is changing back to a 6 cylinder a good thing or bad thing
Don't care would still buy one anyway 3 15.00%
V8 is magnificent why change. Keep the 8! 17 85.00%
I'd rather have the 6 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

10-24-2011, 06:25 AM   #23
sarddenso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Here is a photo of the frozen silver.
It looks really nice in person!

They also have a 1M in the showroom.
Sold already of course!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #24
cookdesk
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Looks good Will - when does your car arrive mate ? At least you've got some wheels to play with in the meatime !!
      10-25-2011, 03:32 AM   #25
sarddenso
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookdesk View Post
Looks good Will - when does your car arrive mate ? At least you've got some wheels to play with in the meatime !!
ahh I've been a bit slack haven't I?
Have had the car nearly two weeks!

Here it is!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #26
cookdesk
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Mate - looks sweet. Presume you added the black gills and radiator grate also ?
      10-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #27
sarddenso
Private First Class
Rep

It's actually chrome still, I think it just came out dark in the photo!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #28
Bosephus
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: Frozen black M3

Paint Defects

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygilbo View Post
Look out for the paint defects!!! Motorline had one and sent it back because the paint job was terrible...
Hi Guys,

first post. I just picked up about five weeks ago a frozen black M3 from Trivetts at Parramatta. Its the second car they sold apparently with the frozen black paint job. Turns out the paint is easy to keep with Swiss Wax Opaque kit and its looks brilliant when waxed. As this was my first BMW I saved up all my $$$ and bought the best I could and love the car.......except for the defects in the paint work. Defects are white spots on every panel, hard to see at first but there certainly there and pimples in the paint work again on most panels but most noticeable on the bonnet. Trivetts have been ordinary, the window tint job was nothing short or atrocious, when I complained about paint they suggested that they would remove the panels and have them painted (what a joke). Anyway BMW finally sent a guy up to check it out who suggested that yes the paint was bad but he thinks they can fix it by having the car resprayed on the bonnet and a treatment put on the paint to remove the white spots. Considering that the paint job is apparently 17K extra for this car Im finding this difficult to swallow that the item you pay more for is infact the item thats buggered. Considering there is only 12 of these and I have access to a second M3 in FB by fluke and theres one at Canterbury Im gonna check in FB . Bottom line there is either at least two cars with known paint defects, mine and the one from motorline or indeed mine is the one from motorline shipped to Trivetts. SO its at least 17% defects or car was knowingly sold as defected. Either way not good enough from BMW and Ill keep you guys abreast of how they go about handling this as we move forward, At this stage they intend on having the car put into Parra smash repairs to have the bonnet resprayed. Such a shame as the car is awesome in every other respect.
Bottom Line do not buy a frozen colour if your fastidious about your paint and taking care of a car.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #29
sarddenso
Private First Class
Rep

Sorry to hear you are having some teething issues with your car.
Whether matte paint really costs that much more I am not sure about.
The price in this case doesn't seem to mean it is better quality, rather much more exclusive.

The Canterbury car is very black! Black wheels, black exhaust tips, black anything they could get black.
Interior has red contrast stitching which is pretty nice.
Has a sunroof though which wouldn't be my preference.

Good guys at Canterbury though.
Appreciate 0