BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

12-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #23
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF View Post
-2.2 up front is not considered a street friendly amount of camber. -1.5* is street friendly.

At -2.2 the tires won't last long, and daily drive ability is reduced because of the increased amount of driver input needed.
what would be the best camber setting for even wear on my e92 with EDC with 20x9.5 and 20x11 and lowered on H&R Sport springs, if you don't mind me asking! thanks
      12-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #24
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Disagree with driveability loss on 2.2 degrees. So long as you zero the toe and aren't using a super aggressive street tire it's fine and really no different than -1.5 in straight line feel, just went from ~1.5 to 2.2 myself. Now, f I had not zeroed the toe after making that change I agree it would be more lively than ideal, and cause faster wear, because it also added nearly 1/8" toe out. But I can let the wheel go and drive with my knee or whatever and there's no appreciable difference, though of course there is a difference with the wheel turned its not as if it's suddenly sniffing every crack in the pavement like a truffle pig

my RS3's tramline considerably more than my PSS, so maybe a bigger difference on a tire like that or the re71 etc.
Appreciate 0