BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #23
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
He was banned for being a dickhead. He's prolly around here somewhere as he uses aliases. Too many people are defending him without knowing the whole story. Yes, he did make many positive contributions to the forum, but he couldn't keep his bad habits in check. He'll be back; it's not a permanent ban. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

I'm also surprised those wheels are that heavy.

I don't surf all the subforums, but if you could expand on what he did, it would be great. I've seen him call out issues with vender's products, but the venders NEVER showed that he was wrong. PG did show that he was not up to date about HRE's production capability in one thread I saw, but other than that no one ever showed us he was off based.
Again, I don't surf all section.

As for the OP's wheels, they weight about what an LM/LM-R weigh, but of course those are multi-piece wheels.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #24
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Great looking wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I don't surf all the subforums, but if you could expand on what he did, it would be great. I've seen him call out issues with vender's products, but the venders NEVER showed that he was wrong. PG did show that he was not up to date about HRE's production capability in one thread I saw, but other than that no one ever showed us he was off based.
Again, I don't surf all section.
From my perspective...

LMB had some very informative posts, and maybe 90%+ of his posts were spot-on. Though his first fault was that he threw a lot of info out there, and because they were 1,000 word posts, he (and many other posters) considered the material infallible - to the point that people were being ridiculed for saying anything otherwise.

Second fault, which he also shares with other posters is feeling that they were in some position to harass some of the wheel vendors. LMB's opinion on the matter was clear from the start, but there was no let-up. I appreciated it to a certain extent because I want to be an informed buyer, but it just seemed excessive.

Either that, or the mods are trying to weed out the Le Mans Blue owners... finally cut down on those damn "LMB FTW" posts...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #25
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Great looking wheels!

From my perspective...

LMB had some very informative posts, and maybe 90%+ of his posts were spot-on. Though his first fault was that he threw a lot of info out there, and because they were 1,000 word posts, he (and many other posters) considered the material infallible - to the point that people were being ridiculed for saying anything otherwise.

Second fault, which he also shares with other posters is feeling that they were in some position to harass some of the wheel vendors. LMB's opinion on the matter was clear from the start, but there was no let-up. I appreciated it to a certain extent because I want to be an informed buyer, but it just seemed excessive.

Either that, or the mods are trying to weed out the Le Mans Blue owners... finally cut down on those damn "LMB FTW" posts...
Again, if the venders felt his information was bad, they could easily refute him and prove him wrong, just like PG did in that HRE post.

And some of the wheel venders didn't help the matter with all the obvious spamming they were doing. It looks like the mods are cutting down on that at least. Venders showing off their wheels should be in the vender section.
Now they have their "sponsored" buyers spaming all over on 6-speed. There are a ton of posts stating, "my new X-brand wheel" and the OP only has ONE post.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #26
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Again, if the venders felt his information was bad, they could easily refute him and prove him wrong, just like PG did in that HRE post.

And some of the wheel venders didn't help the matter with all the obvious spamming they were doing. It looks like the mods are cutting down on that at least. Venders showing off their wheels should be in the vender section.
Now they have their "sponsored" buyers spaming all over on 6-speed. There are a ton of posts stating, "my new X-brand wheel" and the OP only has ONE post.
As I mentioned, I appreciated his posts pointing out some questionable products. He got his point across. Instead of then tracking down every post that vendor made, why not let the mods decide whether vendors are spamming?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #27
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
They are really wide 19's so 23-24 lbs is not THAT heavy.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #28
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
They are really wide 19's so 23-24 lbs is not THAT heavy.
19 X 9 and 19 X 10 are not that wide per se. There are plenty of forged wheels out there that weigh 3-4 pounds lighter per wheel that these. Usually BBS weights are very good, but these don't see like it.
      12-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #29
JAJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
19 X 9 and 19 X 10 are not that wide per se. There are plenty of forged wheels out there that weigh 3-4 pounds lighter per wheel that these. Usually BBS weights are very good, but these don't see like it.
They are the M3 GTS sizes.
Appreciate 0