BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

BPM

04-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #947
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
That was great.

Am I the only one that noticed that Harden has choked hard in the playoffs? Harden is one hell of a player in the regular season but he hasn't done anything in the playoffs. Terrible shots, consistently turnovers, low FG %, can't make any clutch shots, etc.
He's shooting to many dumb 3's
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #948
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
Get rid of them all and rebuild now. DH is no superstar. The old guys need to go. Keep Kobe for the championship experience and build a new team. They all have no heart except Kobe. The rest look like a bunch of players playing street ball at the local Y.
Are you serious? What do you expect when you have D-leaguers playing? Even the back up guards were injured. Your down 3-0, you don't have your best players on the team. Theirs only soo many minutes a seven footer can play. Even if they won that game they were not winning the series.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #949
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23 View Post
Are you serious? What do you expect when you have D-leaguers playing? Even the back up guards were injured. Your down 3-0, you don't have your best players on the team. Theirs only soo many minutes a seven footer can play. Even if they won that game they were not winning the series.
Really. Have you heard the guy from the post game interview. He doesn't want to be here. We don't need his half ass attitude. Those T's in game 4 were a joke and just shows he is not made to play for the Lakers. Kobe would NEVER give up on a team like DH did that last game and this season. The rest of the team outside of Gasol wouldn't get more than 10 minutes a game on any other team.

None of them are worth keeping in my book. Keep Gasol, keep Nash as a back up PG and keep Kobe. Ship the rest of them out and start over. Oh yeah and get rid of DAntoni. They just got some relief from the Brown contract.

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #950
F36_CB1K
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Really. Have you heard the guy from the post game interview. He doesn't want to be here. We don't need his half ass attitude. Those T's in game 4 were a joke and just shows he is not made to play for the Lakers. Kobe would NEVER give up on a team like DH did that last game and this season. The rest of the team outside of Gasol wouldn't get more than 10 minutes a game on any other team.

None of them are worth keeping in my book. Keep Gasol, keep Nash as a back up PG and keep Kobe. Ship the rest of them out and start over. Oh yeah and get rid of DAntoni. They just got some relief from the Brown contract.
DH was totally behaving like an once-upon-a-time prom queen at the exit interview. What really stood out was that his, and only his, interview was sprinkled with I, me and myself statements. Gasol was far more graceful and acknowledged his team's needs more than focusing on his future with a franchise that might deal him soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #951
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:

You sound more like a Kobe fan than a laker fan in lots of your posts. Btw Meeks and Jamison were starting in the league last year. The bench was thin, but with four players with big salaries and a harsh salary cap, it was somewhat expected.

With Kobe's contract still on the books and no Dwight, the Lakers are pretty much guaranteed a lottery spot next year. Dwight is their number one asset and their best player at the moment without Kobe. If Dwight were to walk and the Lakers got nothing, they'll be feeling the effects for years
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #952
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post

With Kobe's contract still on the books and no Dwight, the Lakers are pretty much guaranteed a lottery spot next year. Dwight is their number one asset and their best player at the moment without Kobe. If Dwight were to walk and the Lakers got nothing, they'll be feeling the effects for years
You are right and my bad. They looked awesome against the Spurs with DH leading them. Those games were so close. They almost won a game. Keep dreaming. DH is going to be to be just like Kevin Brown for the Dodgers, remember him? Prima donna that signed a huge contract and killed the Dodgers for years. I am a huge Laker fan and do not think DH is worth the money. He is weak, injury prone and lacks the fire to be a Laker.

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #953
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

I agree with some above that D'Antoni is simply not a good fit for the Lakers. His offense needs young, fast, and mobile players to execute properly. Kobe, Gasol, Nash, Howard, and Metta do not fit that. He grinded these guys down which is why only two of them were even fit to play at the end of the season.

Bring back Phil, and bring back the Triangle!

p.s - The Clippers are down to Memphis 3-2, and going back to their arena to try and save themselves. If the Clippers get ousted in the 1st round, I have no more reason to watch the playoffs, and I thought LAST year was bad when the Lakeshow and Lob City went down in the 2nd round. Bad year for SoCal basketball if the Clippers lose on Friday.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #954
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You are right and my bad. They looked awesome against the Spurs with DH leading them. Those games were so close. They almost won a game. Keep dreaming. DH is going to be to be just like Kevin Brown for the Dodgers, remember him? Prima donna that signed a huge contract and killed the Dodgers for years. I am a huge Laker fan and do not think DH is worth the money. He is weak, injury prone and lacks the fire to be a Laker.
With all the injuries, not even Kobe would have made it a series. Even at full strength with the Lakers playing really well, it would have been a close series.

Sign and trade Howard or trade him in a year when everyone else is off the books, because if he walks then the Lakers will be hurting. He's top 5 talent and the Lakers are itching to sign him as they should.

Baseball and basketball are completely different. Unlike the NBA, one guy in baseball can't carry a team, let alone a guy pitching once every five days. Its funny you mention Kevin brown as I watched a ton of dodger games during that time and many of KBs starts. Simply put, kb on the mound put the dodgers in a position to win. Many of those starts were squandered though. Clubhouse stuff aside he put up good numbers, but had poor run support for most of his stay. Overpaid for the time....maybe but he was an effective pitcher.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #955
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Getting rid of Dantoni will solve all their problems.... They need to bring Phil back
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #956
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Quote:
With all the injuries, not even Kobe would have made it a series. Even at full strength with the Lakers playing really well, it would have been a close series.

Sign and trade Howard or trade him in a year when everyone else is off the books, because if he walks then the Lakers will be hurting. He's top 5 talent and the Lakers are itching to sign him as they should.

Baseball and basketball are completely different. Unlike the NBA, one guy in baseball can't carry a team, let alone a guy pitching once every five days. Its funny you mention Kevin brown as I watched a ton of dodger games during that time and many of KBs starts. Simply put, kb on the mound put the dodgers in a position to win. Many of those starts were squandered though. Clubhouse stuff aside he put up good numbers, but had poor run support for most of his stay. Overpaid for the time....maybe but he was an effective pitcher.
Kobe would have made it a series he basically carried them to the playoffs. Maybe if he was playing DH would have actually tried. They had two seven footers in the paint and they kept triple and double teaming DH, he could have passed it out to Kobe and he would have actually made some Shots.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #957
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23 View Post
Kobe would have made it a series he basically carried them to the playoffs. Maybe if he was playing DH would have actually tried. They had two seven footers in the paint and they kept triple and double teaming DH, he could have passed it out to Kobe and he would have actually made some Shots.
could have, should have, would have
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #958
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
could have, should have, would have
And this guys back....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #959
socalbreeze
Obey This
Rep
Drives: Audi Etron, G63, 19 NSX, 600LT

Quote:
Patrick Beverly looks so much better than darius Morris, but in '09 the Lakers still had fisher, Shannon brown, farmar, and I guess even Sasha played some guard. So no room for him. The players they've tried to develop recently like morris, goudelock and maybe caracter just haven't panned out

Looking at that Houston roster, Aaron Brooks seemed like he would have been a nice pickup after he was waived by the kings. Brooks did back up Nash in Phoenix so maybe that didn't work out well there.

Sometimes I don't get what the front office of lakers are doing. Aaron brooks killed the lakers in 09. Remember when Artest closedline Kobe that year? Lol

Jodie Meeks, Antwan, Blake, Barnes, none of these guys address what lakers really need.

Goudelock or Morris simply are not good enough for the lakers.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #960
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Goudelock actually did well in the playoffs.

I think if they keep D'Antoni, they need to bring more youth and speed to the team. If they want to keep the core (Kobe, Gausol, Metta, Nash, Howard), they need to get rid of D'Antoni and bring in someone like Phil.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #961
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
They should have brought in Phil no matter what.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #962
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I think if they keep D'Antoni, they need to bring more youth and speed to the team. If they want to keep the core (Kobe, Gausol, Metta, Nash, Howard), they need to get rid of D'Antoni and bring in someone like Phil.
It appears D'Antoni isn't going anywhere soon: According to this morning's sportstalk, D'Antoni just bought a $7M house in Manhattan Beach...
      05-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #963
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Goudelock actually did well in the playoffs.

Remember Darius johnsom-odom and douglas-roberts. Both guys outplayed goudelock in the preseason. I wish the Lakers took a chance on one of them instead of sacre......oh and too bad about duhon's guaranteed contract.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #964
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
It appears D'Antoni isn't going anywhere soon: According to this morning's sportstalk, D'Antoni just bought a $7M house in Manhattan Beach...

Here's to another season in 2014 where the Lakers battle through injury after injury.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #965
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Remember Darius johnsom-odom and douglas-roberts. Both guys outplayed goudelock in the preseason. I wish the Lakers took a chance on one of them instead of sacre......oh and too bad about duhon's guaranteed contract.
Well, I hear Monte Ellis is hitting the free agency market. If D'Antoni stays, we should dump Nash and pick up Ellis.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #966
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Not big on Monte Ellis. He can score, but dont think he makes the team better or is a good fit. Not worth 10+ million IMO.

Off the bucks squad....I think dunleavy would be a nice pickup. Decent salary, can shoot and could play some choice minutes off the bench. No clue about his defense though
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #967
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

So it ends, SoCal basketball was just disappointing for 2013. I hope 2014 is better. Maybe I was spoiled by NBA Championships in 2009 and 2010.

At least I can get more work done not having to watch playoff basketball. I still think Zach Randolph is a fouling piece of shit. They won't get past San Antonio, let alone Miami.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #968
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So it ends, SoCal basketball was just disappointing for 2013. I hope 2014 is better. Maybe I was spoiled by NBA Championships in 2009 and 2010.

At least I can get more work done not having to watch playoff basketball. I still think Zach Randolph is a fouling piece of shit. They won't get past San Antonio, let alone Miami.
You mean Bulls* not miami
Appreciate 0