BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

09-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #23
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
You gotta realize though, playing devil's advocate, that these guys probably deal with a lot of jerks, as well. That being said, there are cops with attitude for sure.
You should carry an insurance card in your wallet so it's with you when you rent a car or are driving a vehicle that is not yours.
Granted I rotate through Harborview Medical Center at least 4-6 months a year, I'm aware of what they face day in and day out. So, I have my respect for them. During the entire traffic stop, I was polite and addressed him as "officer" throughout our interaction. I did not argue with him and answered all his questions. I simply asked him to look into the trunk since there is a HUGE enveloped with Progressive's logo stamped on it. It was a new policy that I just got in the mail the day before so I just threw in the trunk w/o even thinking about it. Anyways, this is a non-issue at this point since the ticket has been fully dismissed in court.
      09-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #24
jchiodo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Coupe

I keep a membership with pre-paid legal. I have two accounts, one for my business and one for personal. For personal it's about $800 per year. If you get a ticket, you call them and they'll take care of it for you. Not sure how it works exactly, never had to use them for a ticket but I'm sure you could call them and ask for details. The office I use is in Seattle and called Lombino and Martino, I'm in Vancouver and still use their office. I know $800 is a lot for a ticket unless you get a lot of them but I use them for other things also and have never been disappointed. FWIW.

P.S. I lived in L.O. and West Linn for over 30 years, miss the area a lot.
      09-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #25
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
To me most chargers look like unmarked cars (especially at night).
Appreciate 0