BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

02-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Trucks...

I'm from an area where the most coveted vehicle seems to be a dropped truck on rims with as many tv's as possible. I HATE dropped trucks....respect on what they were made to do (towing, etc.) but racing??? No. Period. I pulled up to a light today in the turning lane minding my own business, and some silverado on airbags starts reving at me and is trying to show off by doing a little smoke show two lanes to my right. The lights turns green and he guns it....being that we were alone I chase him down and quickly catch up and pass him even with the modest head start he had on me....I just wish a had an M to destroy him and make him feel like sh!t. I just had to voice my opinion to people who know cars, like I said, everyone here drives dropped trucks.

Anyone have similar stories?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I don't know what his problem was, probably just a younger kid wanting to race. Never under estimate the quickness of trucks. You'd be really surprised how fast they can be. But you weren't showing much of a different additude by playing along.

I hate to bust your bubble, but your statement on lowered trucks is based on ignorance. I had a lowered truck for over 7 years. The guy who owned it for a year before me, hauled construction equipment and pulled his bass boat with it daily/weekly.

When I had it I hauled 1 million envelopes, that's 20 boxes of 50,000 envelopes several days a week. Among a large amount of boxes filled with a variety of other paper products. So don't tell me it's worthless.

And if airride suspension is done correctly you can haul anything. If I were at home I could post pics of large trailers being pulled by bagged trucks. A lot of bed floors are left cut open so the craftmanship can be viewed by those of use who understand and respect true quality that is done by a persons own two hands. And because when completed properly just looks damn cool.

I don't expect people outside of the the show truck scene to understand. I'm sure there are a lot people on this forum who were once in the import scene. Until Fast and Furious came out and ruined the scene for them, there were a lot of guys doing some really innovative mods and quality work to their Civics.

I just get tired of hearing this "well your truck is lowered so it's worthless now". It's a bunch of bullshit and I'm tired of hearing it. You may as well go ahead and say owning a BMW is pointless too since most of us aren't tracking our cars. We should all just ride the bus. Not to mention you may as well call out everyone who mods their cars on these forums as well.

Bottom line though, we're all car guys at heart whether it's trucks, ricers, or euros. We all go out to cruise and have a passion for autos, it shouldn't matter whether you like the style or not. But you're better off learning and having an understanding of the sport before assuming something is not meant to do a certain thing.

The truck in my sig is bagged and bodydropped, not mine but I like the effort it took to build. And here is my old truck, which by your logic is deemed worthless (having issues uploading pics so I linked the post):

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=125
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I guess you didn't read the part where I gave props to trucks for what they're meant to do, but you just don't understand the people from where I'm from and how they are. They don't tow anything and I know for a fact that they don't care about they're suspension and little things like that because I know a lot of the guys who are into those things. I guess I didn't specify exactly what I meant. But you wouldn't understand unless you lived here.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP2345 View Post
I guess you didn't read the part where I gave props to trucks for what they're meant to do, but you just don't understand the people from where I'm from and how they are. They don't tow anything and I know for a fact that they don't care about they're suspension and little things like that because I know a lot of the guys who are into those things. I guess I didn't specify exactly what I meant. But you wouldn't understand unless you lived here.
I did read your entire post. I guess I got confused between the fact that you said you hate lowered trucks and respect what trucks are made to do.

I thought you were implying, as so many do, that because lowered trucks were just lowered they were now useless. When you said you had respect for trucks, I thought you meant a stock height truck.

I really didn't mean to come off as such a huge a-hole, I've just gotten so much slack over the years from people who don't understand about how my truck was crap and useless for anything. So I've become very bitter and angry towards that mentality.

What town do you live in by the way, I very well may know the attitude?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I understand where your coming from. I'm from deep deep south Texas. I live about five minutes away from the border and most of the guys with those trucks are from ranches from across the border. And ranches from Texas and Mexico are different in atmospheres. The majority of the truck drivers are VERY ignorant and like to showoff and that just bothers me a bit. Have you been down here?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

As long as a car/truck isn't SLAMMED I'm A-ok with it. I don't like slammed cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #8
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

We got it ALL down here. Plenty to spare to if you want to take some with you...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #9
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP2345 View Post
I understand where your coming from. I'm from deep deep south Texas. I live about five minutes away from the border and most of the guys with those trucks are from ranches from across the border. And ranches from Texas and Mexico are different in atmospheres. The majority of the truck drivers are VERY ignorant and like to showoff and that just bothers me a bit. Have you been down here?
Know exactly what you're talking about. We have enough of those asshole's around Houston. Not to mention their little cars with 1 foot spacers causing the entire wheels to stick out past the fenders. They do the same to their trucks. Stupid looking and very unsafe.

I've visited Brownsville and stayed literally a 5 minute drive from the border. I could only imagine what you deal with day in and day out.

Once again I apologize for my tone and attitude in my original post.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #10
BlackSapphireZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 GLE 53 Coupe

hate lowered truck

LOVE lifted trucks...esp Diesels
      02-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #11
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
haha i wanted a toyota tacoma but my dad thought it would be funny seeing that we dont need a truck.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #12
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Dont even worry about it man, we're all cool here. Your lucky up there is A LOT less of these people though...something thats coming in here a lot to is rims positioned where they appear to be crooked. As in at an angle. I have NO idea what or how they do it....and dont really care for it because it looks hideous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Know exactly what you're talking about. We have enough of those asshole's around Houston. Not to mention their little cars with 1 foot spacers causing the entire wheels to stick out past the fenders. They do the same to their trucks. Stupid looking and very unsafe.

I've visited Brownsville and stayed literally a 5 minute drive from the border. I could only imagine what you deal with day in and day out.

Once again I apologize for my tone and attitude in my original post.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 03:15 AM   #13
L~R~G nor cal
Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I hate lowered trucks. Everyone about 2 years ago was all in to the bagged thing and thought it was cool to say "i can lay frame" or "tucking 24's son".

Personally I just dont get it.

This is what I would drive if I had a truck besides stock.
      02-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #14
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

What is the point of bagging, slamming, extending the wheels, putting HUGE wheels on a late 80's sedan, and all the rest of it? I was in the US (Alabama)for school a few years back and got to witness the "huge rims that cost more than the car they are on"... I just didn't get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #15
neuzpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: MW BMW M4 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by L~R~G nor cal View Post
I hate lowered trucks. Everyone about 2 years ago was all in to the bagged thing and thought it was cool to say "i can lay frame" or "tucking 24's son".

I think this looks even worse than a lowered truck. Can't imagine driving behind you with all the shit your wheels will kick up. Not to mention your forward and rear visability...parking and reversing would be a pain in the ass and a major hazard to small children and small cars. In an accident Instead of minor fender benders I would have extensive damage since you would just roll right on top of my car.
      02-11-2008, 12:09 AM   #16
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Seeing a lifted truck like that def. is better than seeing a dropped trucks. And there's plenty of those rims are worth more than the car people here...i just dont get it why they would do that....as a matter of fact i was behind one of those on the expressway today and boy what an asshole he turned out to be...three lane road and it's rush hour....we're on the "fast lane" doing speed limit (65 MPH)...so i'm looking for gaps to speed onto my way home...i have the top down minding my own business and i find a hole and take it only for the truck to speed up and deny me the pass....fine i guess...he then begins to rev at me.....no offense but he's sitting on a 94ish ugly green truck...i couldnt help to smile and just eventually get behind him again as it is the "fast lane". well he begins to floor it, i think, as it made a lot of noise but didnt move much...he would brake immediately just to annoy me i guess....and it really didnt bother me until i see that the passenger sticks his hand out the window and throws a good liters worth of sprite on my car....all over my hood and windshield.....THAT really did the job... i didnt show any emotion but i literally clean my car daily and i hate when people leave my car handy dandy with smudges on the windows and door handles you can imagine how i felt inside...my exit was coming up and i decided to show him up a lil and i started making some crazy lane switching and he obviously couldnt follow i got off and went home...maybe i'm making a bigger deal than what it was...but i respect other people and i felt like he didnt respect me....i didnt do anything back but i was mad...plus the trucks here have a thing for putting stickers on the back usually in spanish with the stupidest things...."daddy paid for this one," "got gucci," and then there's the crews "ground control" "extreme performance" Xpensive Toys" "Rags 2 Riches" literally the list goes on and on....i dont think anyone else feels my pain...lol
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #17
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

...if someone THREW A LITER OF SPRITE at my car I would be really, really fuckin pissed off. I would have tailed his ass and gotten his plate. That's just wrong. God, this is the kind of stuff that pisses me off. Sorry bout that man.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 12:47 AM   #18
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
i hate trucks, when i was going to school in PA they were everywhere.
      02-11-2008, 03:25 AM   #19
L~R~G nor cal
Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuzpeed View Post
I think this looks even worse than a lowered truck. Can't imagine driving behind you with all the shit your wheels will kick up. Not to mention your forward and rear visability...parking and reversing would be a pain in the ass and a major hazard to small children and small cars. In an accident Instead of minor fender benders I would have extensive damage since you would just roll right on top of my car.
I am sure you will see this truck around. Its my friends, but I drive it when I feel the need to get high. lol. I used to have a lifted jeep, and I miss it alot. So when I am in need of a big truck, I call up my best friend and tell him its time to switch it up.

As for kicking up shit, the way the tires are on this it kicks it forward. The tread is so big that it wont sling it stright. I know from experience from having the windows down and getting a wake up call from a rock hitting my arm at 65mph. He has already gotten 5 fix it tickets. Not for mud flaps, but for fender flairs. The offset is soo dramatic that mud falps are not enough.

As for backing up and parking thats cake. I just park a mile away from everything.

If you have not experienced a lifted truck then you cant understand. Its like driving a race car, its just a specail experence. Their is nothing like driving by a big rig and being level with them.

Also I would have to say that I have been flashed more in this than my friends 360. Sure its not the top of the line girls that are doing this, but it still has to count for something.
      02-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #20
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by L~R~G nor cal View Post

That's the problem with every scene, be it euro, trucks, imports, you name it....too many posers. I loved it when everything was kept simple. It really ticked me off when the term Dubs came about. That was the decline of the truck scene. Period.

I was originally into the lifted truck scene when I was 7 or 8, then I got into the lowered trucks at about 10 or 11. I went to Texas Heat Wave for 5 years straight starting in 2000. By the 5th year, the entire scene had become over run by idiots who thought APC products meant they had a cool ride. And gang bangers roamed around everyone stealing shit off of everyones rides.

Then you ask them about their suspension, wheels, tires, and they didn't know the difference between anything, or what any of their components were.

I can't stand these stupid-ass Donks. Now that there are wheel companies offering "Rent-A-Wheel". Idiots are on well-fare rolling around with $10K wheels when their cars are worth $500.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #21
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I'm glad to see people who care about the little details. I can honestly say I only have ONE friend who feels for me about what happened and thats cuz he drives a BMW too and he keeps his clean daily as well. The rest could really care less. "you can wash it off" and it's true but i can explain all night and they still wouldnt care. But at least i dont have to explain to you guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #22
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
...if someone THREW A LITER OF SPRITE at my car I would be really, really fuckin pissed off. I would have tailed his ass and gotten his plate. That's just wrong. God, this is the kind of stuff that pisses me off. Sorry bout that man.
A lot of idiots here do that too. That is what spark plugs are good for besides running a car
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0