BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-24-2023, 10:04 PM   #23
Pacific Standard
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt.BLU View Post
So I just installed the seats with a Macht Schnell equivalent floor mount from a local shop and Recaro rails. I am 6'1 and my shoulder is now level with the door. I want to say that it was at least 2 inches above that with the stock seats in the lowest position. It's a big improvement but I wouldn't mind if the seat was another inch lower if I'm honest. For side mounted bucket seats I'm sure that would be possible but since the Sportster CS is bottom mounted, there isn't any height adjustability in the installation process. Considering it retains the recline functionality, I am okay with how it turned out.

I just have a question for those who have aftermarket bucket seats. Did you leave the seat belt receptacle wire plugged or unplugged under the seat? I watched Youtube videos of the installation and it seems that people plug the seatbelt receptacle wire back into the big yellow plug under the seat. The problem is that when I tried to code it out, the restraint error would not go away unless it was unplugged. Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. Thanks!
What floor mounts did you end up using? I've been struggling with the same issue and we've already did a custom fab piece for the seatbelt mounts just to find out that I'm shifted an inch to the left due to the floor mounts. Would rather not have to custom make floor mounts as well. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 02:33 AM   #24
Serhii Danylov
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I have ms mounts with Recaro sliders. No need to drill anything, there's a sequence to bolting down the seats and they're a bout 1.5" off the floor. They are a bit off centered and push you slightly closer to the door which I don't notice and enjoy the snug feel. You can't adjust the seat back with the door closed however. Overall I'm very happy with them.
Hey Sam,
Im highly looking to fix height of my seat, because in helmet my head completely blocked by the roof. I have the same seats and recaro mounts. But mine are much higher than yours. Maybe you can give mor info about your mounts, parts numbers, links etc. ? "MS" is Macht Schnell ?
Name:  20240413_103006.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  142.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 04:45 PM   #25
RickP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/DCT

@///Matt.BLU where are you getting the recaros from? I'm thinking of buying the same seat. MS = Macht Schnell Universal Brackets
Appreciate 0