BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

01-04-2016, 11:05 PM   #23
BloomRunsDubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
Get the Jeep SRT. Best of both worlds. Try to find a 14+ with the laguna interior... its almost as nice as the euro Suvs and is pretty damn fast.

Debadging the car most likely wont do you any good. Most semi-intelligent people can tell what a Porsche, BMW or Mercedes suv is. They are pretty common
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #24
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

The GC SRT is subtle, even more so than the earlier models. We enjoyed an '08 and they are remarkably high fun/low profile/still subtly special.

The Explorers all come in one size. Expeditions are big. The Explorer Sport was the only model to get the Ecoboost 3.5... an amazing powerplant. Now the Explorer Platinum gets it as well.

You might also consider a Taurus SHO or a Lincoln MKS with Ecoboost. The only reason I traded my MKS for the 5er was to get a manual transmission.

Those are all fun & functional cars without the badge baggage. I manage investments and I know what you mean!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 09:30 AM   #25
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

I am starting to lean more towards the SRT, since the volvo forums are scaring me. Seems like there are a good amount of issues with the 2016's so far.

But the tech in the jeeps didn't get updated at all in the last two years, which somewhat annoys me. The technology in the Volvo seems like it would be fun to mess around with, especially since they are about to add android auto.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #26
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
What I have observed with "non car people" is that the badge is what makes the car. They can't tell a difference between a 30k jeep or 70k jeep, but if I show up in a 30k bmw it raises eyebrows. That is why I am looking to stay away from the German brands.
100% true!!!!!!!!!!!

I caught more shit for owning a 135 than an underling of mine who owned a Ford F150 that was worth $13000 more.
BMW = ohhhh hoity toity. "it's ridiculous, you own a BMW!"
Ford = Ehhh Ford
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #27
Beakster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW M2 w/3 pedals

We just bought a 2016 SQ5...went back and forth between it and a Macan S. The decision finally came down to how subtle the SQ5 is and how much better the utility is. Absolutely phenomenal car to drive. Makes our X5 35d drive like a tank!
      01-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #28
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

I absolutely love my SRT and wouldn't trade it for anything. Except the new version with the Hellcat engine when it comes out. :-) It's such a fun and great all around car, you really can't go wrong with it. I have 27k miles on mine and I still love it.

One thing it does not do, however, is fly under the radar. It gets more attention than all my other cars combined. My M3s, my 997 Turbo, my 991 GT3, none of them get as much attention as the Jeep. Everybody loves it and asks me questions about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 10:52 AM   #29
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
I absolutely love my SRT and wouldn't trade it for anything. Except the new version with the Hellcat engine when it comes out. :-) It's such a fun and great all around car, you really can't go wrong with it. I have 27k miles on mine and I still love it.

One thing it does not do, however, is fly under the radar. It gets more attention than all my other cars combined. My M3s, my 997 Turbo, my 991 GT3, none of them get as much attention as the Jeep. Everybody loves it and asks me questions about it.
Nice to see another Austin resident.

Do you think debadging it would help? Or is it the body enhancements that make it recognizable?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #30
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Nice to see another Austin resident.

Do you think debadging it would help? Or is it the body enhancements that make it recognizable?
I've already pretty much debadged it, the only remaining badge is a black SRT badge but it's on a black car so it's hardly visible. Everything else is gone and it still gets as much attention as before. It may be because it's black and looks more mean than the regular Jeeps. I get thumbs up from people crossing the street in front of me, people ask me about it at gas stations and whenever I get in the car anywhere, etc. Males and females, even couples lol! Even a cop pulled me over and asked me about it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 05:41 PM   #31
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
I've already pretty much debadged it, the only remaining badge is a black SRT badge but it's on a black car so it's hardly visible. Everything else is gone and it still gets as much attention as before. It may be because it's black and looks more mean than the regular Jeeps. I get thumbs up from people crossing the street in front of me, people ask me about it at gas stations and whenever I get in the car anywhere, etc. Males and females, even couples lol! Even a cop pulled me over and asked me about it.
Looking at it from a side profile, with the exception of the wheels, its not that obvious that it's different from a standard grand Cherokee. I am surprised it gets that much attention.

I might have to rethink the srt idea. I am currently in a Summit, and nobody notices it, or ever questions the car I pulled up in.
Appreciate 0