BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

07-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #23
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
Me too, but it's fun to dream.....
I can't even get my wife to entertain my 6 year old while I detail the car let alone have her do it.

I remember my married days. My ex wife hated my cars, hahaha.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #24
nick3753
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
2017 Audi S6  [0.00]
1997 BMW 328i Touring  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3
When you say smoothed out the opticoat, did you let it cure for a long time before hand? I just bought a 20cc tube, so I was gonna ask you how long you let it sit for before you needed to buff the high points in the coating.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw you let the car sit for 10 days. How hard was it to buff out the high points after 10 days of cure time?
Im not sure which version you are using (or even if it matters). I used optimum gloss coat. Just let it sit for a few minutes, maybe 5-7 or while you do the next panel. Then buff down the high spots with a quality microfiber. Make sure you have good lighting.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:08 AM   #25
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Im not sure which version you are using (or even if it matters). I used optimum gloss coat. Just let it sit for a few minutes, maybe 5-7 or while you do the next panel. Then buff down the high spots with a quality microfiber. Make sure you have good lighting.
Sweet, got it. Thanks, bro! Was it tacky after 5-7 minutes? In other words, will it pull lint/loose fibers from the microfiber cloth?

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #26
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
I call b.s.
At least some people have common sense. I have two thoughts on this thread:

1. This is utter b.s., nothing more than a spam post to excite all the leg humpers on the forums and get Instagram followers. This thread just seems too "perfect" and too good to be true. The pictures are all staged, and she is posing for every single one in some way. The story seems so scripted and written it's not even funny. But hey, whatever.

2. If the thread just so happens to be real, welcome to the boards. Beautiful car, beautiful girl, and nice work on the detail. Glad you got your dream car. I just have to ask one question. You stated that you always loved the M3 growing up and saw it as some kind of exotic, then later on stated that you almost passed on the M3 when searching for a car. If you were so in love with the M3 all those years, why would you have considered bypassing it for a Mustang? That makes no sense.

Regardless, I'll play along (though I remain skeptical that this is a real thread). Again, welcome, and congrats on the car. Car is beautiful, you're beautiful, your fiance is a lucky guy. That's all, enjoy, or keep playing us all for fools. Whatever the case may be.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 4
      07-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #27
Alpha_M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post

1. This is utter b.s., nothing more than a spam post to excite all the leg humpers on the forums and get Instagram followers. This thread just seems too "perfect" and too good to be true. The pictures are all staged, and she is posing for every single one in some way. The story seems so scripted and written it's not even funny. But hey, whatever.

2. If the thread just so happens to be real, welcome to the boards. Beautiful car, beautiful girl, and nice work on the detail. Glad you got your dream car. I just have to ask one question. You stated that you always loved the M3 growing up and saw it as some kind of exotic, then later on stated that you almost passed on the M3 when searching for a car. If you were so in love with the M3 all those years, why would you have considered bypassing it for a Mustang? That makes no sense.

Regardless, I'll play along (though I remain skeptical that this is a real thread). Again, welcome, and congrats on the car. Car is beautiful, you're beautiful, your fiance is a lucky guy. That's all, enjoy, or keep playing us all for fools. Whatever the case may be.

Lol good analysis

But in the spirit of playing along, welcome to the board!! beautiful car, and beautiful driver !!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #28
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Can I haz
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #29
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Beautiful pictures and great looking car. Awesome shot of the angel eyes of course
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #30
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
What an awesome introductory post. Happy to hear that you've checked that box and acquired something you've been hunting for--these are certainly fun cars and you'll enjoy them even more as you tackle the variety of modifications/cleanings yourself. Keep it up and welcome to the club.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #31
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

Quote:

This post does seem "too perfect", but ya never know. For such a die-hard enthusiast I would assume she'll be going to a lot of meets and driving the car there herself. The red flag for me is the instagram plug immediately after joining the forums. Is her husband a known member here? Or just a random tag? I'm too lazy to go check.

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #32
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_LAWL View Post
Congrats and welcome to the family, your M3 looks like candy!

Oh and can I marry you?? haha
Haha sorry already taken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obe100 View Post
This thread is will become a "sticky" in less than 24 hours.

Welcome to the fam!
This actually made me lol! Glad to be part of the fam

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpersona View Post
Impressive by all accounts. Congrats on the M3 and welcome to the fam! She/he? (And i mean the car) looks great.
Its definitely a she. I call her my Mew3 (Mew is my chihuahua).

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
some serious cleaning !!! Car looks super good !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
Car? what car? I didn't see any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM3 View Post
Great job on the detailing.
Welcome aboard
Ya I may have gone a bit over the top, but my fiance did help a lot when he wasn't taking pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Nicely done. Car looks great. Welcome aboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Congrats and welcome. Take care of the car and it'll reward you for many many years to come.

I never plan on selling mine.
Honestly I never plan on selling mine either, but RoshDawg says he wants to keep his 911 forever (and its hard to keep two coupes forever when kids are in the foreseeable future). I feel like the 911 is a better car but the M3 feels a bit more special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Is this Nick S car? Are you Nick's GF? I swear I just saw this car this weekend at OC cars and coffee in Aliso. Nick just bought it in SF and drove it down to the OC. it's an exact color/options match including M perf exhaust and was owned by a girl. Sorry if mistaken but kinda coincidental.
No I don't know a Nick. Who knows though maybe he sold his car and I picked it up? Car was at BMW Riverside if that gives any clues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_CL9 View Post
Nice find! Just picked up a M3 too and need to do the full board detail job as well.

Didn't know German Shepherd Pups made good assistance!

Congrats and enjoy!
Haha trust me, he did not provide any assistance. If anything his hair kept getting onto the paint, but he kept crying in the back yard until I let him help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
When you say smoothed out the opticoat, did you let it cure for a long time before hand? I just bought a 20cc tube, so I was gonna ask you how long you let it sit for before you needed to buff the high points in the coating.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw you let the car sit for 10 days. How hard was it to buff out the high points after 10 days of cure time?
That finishing pad I used is not really meant to buff anything since there is no cutting power to the pad, and honestly there were not any high spots prior to using the finishing pad since I got them all out with my flashlight and micro fiber. Although buffing out with a micro fiber 5 minutes after application was a bit difficult and took some elbow grease at times, which made me worried about marring but it turned out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
Looks exactly like mine, but with black ZCP wheels instead, AW love!

How about some interior shots?
Thanks! I'm actually thinking of changing the color of the wheels, and I'll ask my fiance if he has any. I know he took some but didn't like how they turned out, I'm sure he'll take more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by to///m View Post
Nice pics! This will be a 10 page thread...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
What car ? I see only the blonde Manda...
Pics are worth Playboy/Cars-Magazine !
Manda for a girl ...Your detail work is just "stunning" , I never saw that before for a girl !
So congrats & welcome girl , and thanks for sharing .
Haha I hope my detail work is stunning for a girl OR guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsbs5114 View Post
Wow, absolutely beautiful.

oh yea, nice car too, btw.
Lol thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #33
Inf4life
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

12 posts, 104 Followers. Obvious fake is obvious. #ThirstTrap
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #34
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Ah okay, I have some "weak" pads I'll use in case I get some high spots. I have pretty decent garage lighting, but I'm sure I'll miss a spot or two since it's my first time working with any kind of "permanent" coating.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #35
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
Que
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #36
Get lit
HMFIC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm guessing it's all BS. Pics look way to staged! If it's the real deal though, I'd pay top dollar for her to detail my car!!!! Haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #37
E46M3forRay
Güdentyte
Rep
Drives: GT3 & 1M

Garage List
2023 Model 3  [6.50]
2022 T4R TRD Pro  [5.00]
2011 1M  [6.67]
2014 991.1 GT3  [10.00]
hands are too clean. no rough edges and almost perfect.

SOLD - MB M2 CS | SMB F80 M3 CS | E90 M3 | E90 335i | E46 M3 Vert | E39 M5 | E34 525i
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #38
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get lit View Post
I'm guessing it's all BS. Pics look way to staged! If it's the real deal though, I'd pay top dollar for her to detail my car!!!! Haha.
Do it how Turtle from Entourage did it... Hot girls driving a limo service. Now... Hot girls getting paid $300/hr to detail cars. We're on to something here! lol jkjk

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:18 AM   #39
Inf4life
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Quote:
Que
Her IG account. A chick like that would have way more than 104 followers and 12 posts. Plus, all these pics look super staged.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #40
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

What's the end game sorry not into social media?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #41
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What's the end game sorry not into social media?
Some of my friends have anywhere from 10,000-1million followers on instagram and they sell/promote stuff. Imagine having even 50k followers and posting a picture selling literally ANYTHING. You KNOW there are going to be at least 100 people willing to buy whatever crap you're promoting.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #42
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
I call b.s.
Why?

Quote:
Me too, but it's fun to dream.....
I can't even get my wife to entertain my 6 year old while I detail the car let alone have her do it.
It wasn't until this past year that I really got into it. My fiance is a huge detail fanatic and in the interest of having similar interests I got involved as well! We split up different tasks of the car when we do it together (which is almost always) and its a nice experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post

I remember my married days. My ex wife hated my cars, hahaha.
Haha not me! Cars are a huge part of our life.

Quote:

1. Yes the pictures are indeed staged. I have in the action ones but I really did not like how my face looked in them. My fiance was pretty commanding with the pics, and although they do look staged I'm happy with the way most of them came out. Not sure what you mean about the story seeming really scripted. I've been thinking about making this post for quite a long time now and had a specific thing I wanted to say.

2. Because I was not prepared with how sketchy the car seemed. When driving it fast I felt very uncomfortable (could have been due to old tires, very high mileage or mods I didn't know about). This car is mainly used for commuting (23 miles each way in OC), so I considered the M235i as being a better car for commuting (not the Mustang ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter View Post
This post does seem "too perfect", but ya never know. For such a die-hard enthusiast I would assume she'll be going to a lot of meets and driving the car there herself. The red flag for me is the instagram plug immediately after joining the forums. Is her husband a known member here? Or just a random tag? I'm too lazy to go check.

I actually will be attending the larger meets! I'll let you guys know which ones I attend (including Clean Car events). Ya he's an actual member here, although he stopped contributing as much after we discussed that the car would mainly be mine! He wanted another car to not rack miles on his 911, but I explained that its not a GT3 so it doesn't matter.
And ya I started that instagram originally for having a car based profile and I would love to have a lot of followers. Its not like I'm making money off it or anything, not sure what the big deal is!

--

Lets not be too harsh guys. This is my first time on any forum, and nothing more rude is saying this is too fake bc its a girl doing it.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #43
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

But hey, you never know! This could be a super cool car couple that will be integrating themselves into the SoCal M3 community, gotta start somewhere, right?...

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #44
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol why is that really fake? Should I have less followers or more?
Appreciate 0