BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

EXXEL Distributions

01-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #1299
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

I think those are kit cars, hard to tell when they are from, but the general idea of those is to look like i believe a 32 ford. could be wrong. It's been a long time since i looked into all those old machines. Still love them though.

P.S. Nice looking 1er, what seat colour did you go with? I went for red in my white 1er
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #1300
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
Very nice! I love my Sub. I haven't taken it off since I bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I think those are kit cars, hard to tell when they are from, but the general idea of those is to look like i believe a 32 ford. could be wrong. It's been a long time since i looked into all those old machines. Still love them though.

P.S. Nice looking 1er, what seat colour did you go with? I went for red in my white 1er
thanks. Most of the cars at this weekly show are the real McCoys. Cant confirm though. I usually take the Vette there but was showing off the new 1.
I went with the terracotta.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #1301
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

any of you guys own Glam Rock watches? Just curious how they were... it was difficult to find some customer reviews of them.
      01-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #1302
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogs08 View Post
IWC Portuguese Chrono

Beautiful. Just wish they made that in a size bigger than 40mm.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #1303
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thanks for the info.

I looked, and your watch seems to be the largest size, 32.15mm x 44.4mm (52mm including lugs).

The Mens Reverso Duo is 26mmx42mm including lugs.

Is there a larger model that I'm missing?

I'm close to ordering one of these myself. Unfortunately, I don't know where I might try one on before purchasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
it`s the Grande Reverso Duo It's the medium sized one. I find the large ones just don't fit the wrist quite the way I like. And that's saying something because i'm a big guy who that should work on.

I did try the classic on, but it was so tiny on me it looked like i was putting on a womens watch, which is unfortunate because I absolutely love it's simplicity and elegance. I would recommend trying it on to see if you like it, but if you're a big guy, it's not going to work.

Model number is the 3748421 which gave me the black aligator strap

I debated getting the one with the round second hand insert, but i just didn't feel it worked on a rectangualrly shaped watch.

here's a review of the watch I picked up, except this one's gold.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #1304
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I looked, and your watch seems to be the largest size, 32.15mm x 44.4mm (52mm including lugs).

The Mens Reverso Duo is 26mmx42mm including lugs.

Is there a larger model that I'm missing?

I'm close to ordering one of these myself. Unfortunately, I don't know where I might try one on before purchasing.
My appologies, I'm horrible at explaining things I say sometimes.

The one I picked up will be one of the bigger ones length and withdth wise, however, The squadra line can sometimes get up to be about 2 times as think and as a result starts to look very clunky looking in my opinion. I find as they get wider in the squadra series they emphasize that clucky look too, but as for length overall, yes, the Grand Reverso Duo I have is about 1mm longer, but it doesn't really appear it because it's thinner then some of the others, it has a more elegent look as a result in my opinion.

That's what i mean by about middle range in size, if you compare the 3 different series, Classic, Complication, and Squadra, the complication ones sit nicely in the middle in my opinion, even if they are a little longer, they are narrower and thinner, and actually take on the illusion that they are smaller.

Have you had an opportunity to try any on yet? I think you'll love it.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #1305
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

and that classic reverso is absolutely tiny. when it's on the wrist it felt a bit on the feminine side to me, but is in my opinion one of the most beautiful watches.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #1306
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the clarification.

I just found an outfit in SanFrancisco that has one in stock. I may take a drive to go check it out. I have to be careful though, I am very compulsive. I can totally afford one right now, but I should really wait a bit. I was planning on purchasing in about 2 months, for my birthday.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #1307
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

horrible picture, but it kind of shows you the size.

the hamilton on the right is a 46mm

and sorry, it's a horrible picture of them together, but it shows how much smaller the JLC is

it actually doesn't make the watch look attractive. so don't judge on this picture other then for size comparison sake.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #1308
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

because it's realatively thin, it wears a lot smaller then an automatic type watch (which many of the squadras are)

I also find if wraps around the wrist a little better because of it's profile and flat back unlike many of the automatics out there.

and yes, my pale skin did over expose the picture a bit
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #1309
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

I just found an outfit in SanFrancisco that has one in stock. I may take a drive to go check it out. I have to be careful though, I am very compulsive. I can totally afford one right now, but I should really wait a bit. I was planning on purchasing in about 2 months, for my birthday.
Trust me, I know the feeling

My advice, go in, try on each type, see which suits you best, then give an extremely lowball offer, then tell them to write it on the back of their card for you. Then head home as they will likely refuse the offer.

Sometimes it's beneficial to give them your card as I've known people to do this and as they are driving home they will get a call asking if you still want the item for the price you said.

My dad does this with cars and watches, usually works out for him.

also ask if they would give a cash deal so they don't have to deal with credit.

look for about 20% discount, sometimes it works depending on the item and depending how new the item is. If it's older, it's possible to push to around 25% (if going out of business, push harder for more off) If it's a newer item, a lot of places you'll struggle to get them over about 18ish % but it is possible.

one more thing to consider, purchase out of state and have it delivered to you. you'll get out of taxes.

Them taking taxes off of something is just a way to talk you into purchasing, it's a gimic, if they don't offer a % that's considerably more then taxes, walk away as they are thinking in their heads (chump)

but if you can do it, walk away, then go home and dream about it while looking at pictures online. 2 months isn't that far away afterall
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #1310
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the tips! I'm not that good at haggling. I usually just save the amount, go in and pay, but I've decided to at least try and get some better deals on things in the future.
It's funny, because the guy at the jewelry store I bought my Sub from, has prices on items, but then always quotes me prices WELL below those amounts, so I'm guessing there's even More room price-wise to haggle.

I think it will feel very good to actually bargain (and win) over pricing. I told myself I was going to do the "lowball offer, then walk away" thing when I bought my 135, but when the sales people said "we're as low as we can go", I just rolled over and bought the car anyways. I didn't pay too much, so no harm-no foul, but I probably could have paid a bit less.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #1311
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

I'm excited to try on the Reverso as well. My Sub, as much as I love it, the crown is digging a divet in my wrist. I know that a different shape, or different watch will undoubtedly fit better. Just another reason to get a new watch! lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #1312
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the tips! I'm not that good at haggling. I usually just save the amount, go in and pay, but I've decided to at least try and get some better deals on things in the future.
It's funny, because the guy at the jewelry store I bought my Sub from, has prices on items, but then always quotes me prices WELL below those amounts, so I'm guessing there's even More room price-wise to haggle.

I think it will feel very good to actually bargain (and win) over pricing. I told myself I was going to do the "lowball offer, then walk away" thing when I bought my 135, but when the sales people said "we're as low as we can go", I just rolled over and bought the car anyways. I didn't pay too much, so no harm-no foul, but I probably could have paid a bit less.
lol, it's hard when the make the offers sound good. I look at the challenge of it, and see the item as a prize to be won for a good haggle.

It's definitely an art. I've worked very hard to learn it. it annoys some of my friends when I haggle around them, but then they see me get deals and wonder how the hell i did it.

It's a good trait to learn and it's never too late to. Especially on high ticket items.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #1313
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm excited to try on the Reverso as well. My Sub, as much as I love it, the crown is digging a divet in my wrist. I know that a different shape, or different watch will undoubtedly fit better. Just another reason to get a new watch! lol.
lol, there's always a new reason

good thing about the reverso's is that because they have the separate metal plate behind the reversible part, the crown is actually further away from your skin as a result. Every little bit helps right!.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:17 PM   #1314
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

Right now I'm wearing my GO.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #1315
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

stunning movement.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #1316
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

I just bought my first automatic... The Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster:

Can't wait to get it next week...
      02-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #1317
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

VERY Nice!!!

I've been looking at the Ball watches (I had to rephrase that, originally it was "I was looking at Balls" lol) and I really like the tritium lume that they have.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #1318
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
VERY Nice!!!

I've been looking at the Ball watches (I had to rephrase that, originally it was "I was looking at Balls" lol) and I really like the tritium lume that they have.
lol, I've been speaking with Chewy about ball watches for a couple days now, and I have to tell you.... not saying "balls" makes for a lot of hitting backspace and makes messages take twice as long to write as a result.

Hard not to sound inappropriate when talking about Ball watches

Chewy, I believe you'll have many years of enjoyment out of that watch, and from what I have seen in some watch forums, that Ball will likely not be your last Ball.

(that all just sounded so wrong...)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #1319
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

Wow! There are so many beautifal watches available.

The more I research, the more spun out I get in narrowing down what my next purchase might be. I want them ALL! Most of what I like I cannot afford unfortunately.

I only have one watch, a Rolex Submariner, which I love and wear every day.

I'm saving for my next purchase, probably in the 7-10 grand range.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #1320
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

list of potentials?
Appreciate 0