BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

05-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #45
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

if you've seen Harold and Kumar (escape from Guantanamo Bay, or whatever) then you'll get this . . . . .

Did you have to eat his "cock meat sandwhich" haha

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 03:30 AM   #46
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazydoezit View Post
I dont get how you were doing over 110 in that traffic,,,,, even in a carpool lane which im sure was packed...
No. He created the traffic. How it works in LA is if there's a car on the side of the road it's the most interesting thing in the world and everyone must slow down to take a look. My brother once proposed the idea of just throwing a bubble over ever accident or car on the side of the road. It would save a lot of traffic from building up.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 03:33 AM   #47
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
He says that his buddy with the 7 was the one who took the pics yet you can see in the first pic the cop talking to the guy in the 7. And how do you pull two cars over? And where are the other 2 335's the OP claims he was following? Oh wait, they must be the smart ones who knew a single cop can't pull over several cars...

Nothing adds up, I call
I agree. Even if it's true, at that speed you deserved a ticket. I'm all for giving people a break on the ticket---maybe write it for 99 instead of 110---but driving in the carpool lane with one person? It won't be long before you get a ticket. And in case you didn't know, those tickets will cost you at least $380.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 06:27 AM   #48
nespharym
Captain
Rep
Drives: SEMA 335i, Wide Body e46

A troll?

Not telling the truth?....you must have been there right, cause its obvious you saw the whole thing...
Stripped of my car, please, you do ur thing and I will do mine. The person who took the pics was my buddy from Texas with the 7series who also was pulled over. And I thought we hadhappy ppl on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Obvious troll is obvious.

For those who aren't familiar with what that means, the OP is not telling the truth and is simply trying to get a rise out of us. Also, you should be stripped of your car for all those stickers. A few stickers is on thing but you've got at least 50 on there. Can you even see out the back window?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 07:17 AM   #49
hak87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sober

LA looks trashy
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #50
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

i love the eyelids.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #51
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

I would have let you go on the speeding and given you a big ticket for imparied visibility from all those stupid stickers.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #52
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
I agree. Even if it's true, at that speed you deserved a ticket. I'm all for giving people a break on the ticket---maybe write it for 99 instead of 110---but driving in the carpool lane with one person? It won't be long before you get a ticket. And in case you didn't know, those tickets will cost you at least $380.
Yeah the other thing is car pool lane violation is a mandatory ticket, what $34x in Cali. There's no CHP let me go as far as I know. That's NJ where you can routinely drive by yourself in the car pool lane. I observed the same in Atlanta.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #53
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nespharym View Post
Doing over 110mph in the Carpool Lane, driving alone, with obvious mods, and was let go without a ticket.

Guess the officer liked my sticker scheme!!!

Quote:
He says that his buddy with the 7 was the one who took the pics yet you can see in the first pic the cop talking to the guy in the 7. And how do you pull two cars over? And where are the other 2 335's the OP claims he was following? Oh wait, they must be the smart ones who knew a single cop can't pull over several cars...

Nothing adds up, I call
Umm...from that angle, it looks like you're traveling southbound on the 405. To be exact, you're probably just either 20 yards passed the Rosecran exit sign, the next coming exit would be Inglewood. In between Rosecran and Inglewood, it's about 1/4 mile of separation with a 20 and 30 degrees bend.

From the look of the picture, it must've been a beautiful day, so I would assume many people are out and about going for a nice day drive? So it brings the question, how were you going over 110mph with all that traffic?
It's also a little weird that you got pulled over by LA county sheriff, as opposed to CHP.

Though most people who live around the area or familiar with the Southbay fwys, know that there is a possibility that you had a chance to gun your sticker mobile to 110 if you were merging on from the 105E. Since the 105E bound merger to 405s have less potential traffic (largely because the 105 fwy starts from that point), you might probably get a chance to gun your car on the merger for about 1/8 of a mile. Assuming that's true, does that mean you hit over 110mph on the 405 for about like less than 10 seconds and then got pulled over?

I'd say your luck is actually pretty bad if all that were true.
      05-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #54
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Doing over 110mph in the Carpool Lane, driving alone, with obvious mods, and was let go without a ticket.

Don't see in the CA vehicle code where speeding warrants jail time - unless you were DUI, or sped off after police tried to pull you over.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #55
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

lucky man... car looks sweet.
      05-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #56
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Don't see in the CA vehicle code where speeding warrants jail time - unless you were DUI, or sped off after police tried to pull you over.
i always thought after a certain speed it's considered wreckless driving, meaning they can put you in jail.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #57
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
i always thought after a certain speed it's considered wreckless driving, meaning they can put you in jail.
Reckless driving, causing injury, is a Felony, otherwise it's a Misdemeanor. Can the police throw you in jail for a Misdemeanor ?? I always thought Misdemeanors were just ticketable offenses.

Edit: I do see in the CA vehicle code where some misdemeanors are punishable by jail time. So, I suppose the police can haul your ass to jail for reckless driving.....
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #58
nmcampbell
On The Highway To Hell
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i jt blk/lemon

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
I would have let you go on the speeding and given you a big ticket for imparied visibility from all those stupid stickers.

09' E92 M3 / Jerez Black / Black / Carbon Leather Trim / Technology / Premium / 19" Wheels / DCT / Enhanced Sound / Sat radio / iPod cable / Smartphone integration / PDC / V1 (Hardwired)/ Black Fuzzy Dice / (Delivered 4/17/09)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #59
nmcampbell
On The Highway To Hell
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Reckless driving, causing injury, is a Felony, otherwise it's a Misdemeanor. Can the police throw you in jail for a Misdemeanor ?? I always thought Misdemeanors were just ticketable offenses.

Edit: I do see in the CA vehicle code where some misdemeanors are punishable by jail time. So, I suppose the police can haul your ass to jail for reckless driving.....
Hey Perry Mason, lay off the legal advice. I'm just f'n with ya, but yes, you can be arrested for a misdemeanor and taken to jail. Oftentimes, however, you're not arrested because of jail overcrowding, the nature of the offense, etc.. An infraction doesn't carry the risk of jail time so you're not going to be arrested for that. MOST but not all moving violations are infractions (DUI is a misdemeanor and can move up to a felony if you cause damage or injury or repeat offenses). All misdemeanors are theoretically punishable by jail time; that doesn't mean however, you'll actually get jail time.
09' E92 M3 / Jerez Black / Black / Carbon Leather Trim / Technology / Premium / 19" Wheels / DCT / Enhanced Sound / Sat radio / iPod cable / Smartphone integration / PDC / V1 (Hardwired)/ Black Fuzzy Dice / (Delivered 4/17/09)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #60
nmcampbell
On The Highway To Hell
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

If true, the cop would be the only one who likes it.

Second, this story has so much BS on its face that you deserve every insult you get. If you got your car up to 55mph in that traffic for more than 3 seconds, I still wouldn't believe you. I used to drive that route constantly and it's gotten worse not better.

More than likely you were pulled over for lowering the property value of Inglewood, Compton and Watts in one fell swoop. And it looks like they were trying to head you off from screwing Long Beach too.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #61
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

wait is it just me or do i see a BMW police car...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #62
nmcampbell
On The Highway To Hell
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer333 View Post
wait is it just me or do i see a BMW police car...
I thought the same thing at first glance, just a "trick" of how the picture came out. There's no BMW cruisers in SoCal.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #63
nespharym
Captain
Rep

Too much time

Damn, you guys put too much time into analyzing quotes on this forum....I wasnīt posting this to brag or to get attention ( I get plenty of it in magazines...et, PAS, Performance BMW) I was posting the pics to show how lucky I was and that cops are human, have a sense of humor, and can be cool at times....Thatīs it. He clocked me at 110mph, I was following two other 335iīs and my buddy in the 7Series was following me. End of story

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwma237 View Post

Umm...from that angle, it looks like you're traveling southbound on the 405. To be exact, you're probably just either 20 yards passed the Rosecran exit sign, the next coming exit would be Inglewood. In between Rosecran and Inglewood, it's about 1/4 mile of separation with a 20 and 30 degrees bend.

From the look of the picture, it must've been a beautiful day, so I would assume many people are out and about going for a nice day drive? So it brings the question, how were you going over 110mph with all that traffic?
It's also a little weird that you got pulled over by LA county sheriff, as opposed to CHP.

Though most people who live around the area or familiar with the Southbay fwys, know that there is a possibility that you had a chance to gun your sticker mobile to 110 if you were merging on from the 105E. Since the 105E bound merger to 405s have less potential traffic (largely because the 105 fwy starts from that point), you might probably get a chance to gun your car on the merger for about 1/8 of a mile. Assuming that's true, does that mean you hit over 110mph on the 405 for about like less than 10 seconds and then got pulled over?

I'd say your luck is actually pretty bad if all that were true.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #64
nespharym
Captain
Rep

Hmmm...

There is a cop behind the 7Series, he was pulled over as well...

Quote:

Nothing adds up, I call

BS....hmmm, see the lights behind the black 7

here is a better pic....two cops not one

you guys have too much time on your hands, and yet are not detail oriented, adjust your specs and LOOK at the pics
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #65
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Too much time?? HMM....?

Quote:
Damn, you guys put too much time into analyzing quotes on this forum....I wasnīt posting this to brag or to get attention ( I get plenty of it in magazines...et, PAS, Performance BMW) I was posting the pics to show how lucky I was and that cops are human, have a sense of humor, and can be cool at times....Thatīs it. He clocked me at 110mph, I was following two other 335iīs and my buddy in the 7Series was following me. End of story
Hmm...too much time you say? Well, it took me about 1 1/2 minutes to write up that post. I would say, it probably took you 3 hours to post up all those fancy stickers on your back windshield (kudos to you on getting attention in Magazines btw, can you send me one of your autographed stickers btw?) and perhaps 10 minutes to load all those pictures up onto this forum.

Your story just doesn't make sense, and it's annoying that you're posting about it.
      05-08-2008, 02:25 AM   #66
robbensays
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 Space Gray #1

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
la county sherrif does not have jurisdiction to give you a ticket on the highway. that is what chp is for.
SPACE GRAY e90 ║ Full M-Tech Kit ║ 3D Studie Lip ║ CF Trunk Spoiler ║ Vorsteiner Hood ║ Matte Black Grills ║ H&R Sports Springs ║ Blacklines ║ BMW Performance Stripe ║ Nitto Invo Tires ║ Linea Corse Lemans
Appreciate 0