BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

08-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #45
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorysalapao View Post
I ask because in Thailand, I never see real M3 before. Even I see the picture, it counldn't tell anything... any spec... and height, length curve all those things... everything is not answer by the picture.. That I come here to ask people who actually use the M3 to tell me do 325ci is exactly look the same after this big modification... that's all I want.
Two more things (besides what mkoesel said): The brake discs (of course) are to small and not drilled and a real M3 doesn't have chrome trim around the windows.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #46
glorysalapao
Rep
Drives: white

thanks a lot krubbb!! If there are more things beside mkoesel and southlight, you are free to add. Actually I don't care about these small different details because only these is enough to full fill my dream.... anyways thankss again krub!!

I want to add up more for the reason why I post these questions in this international webboard. It is because in Thai bm society webboard, they don't actually know the real m3 and the different between them.. and those who knows are sells who cheer me to spend $9300 ..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #47
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

glorysalapao, sawadee, I am thai also but have been living in the states for most of my life. All of my cousins have seen my car and are amazed by it. I know and understand the financial situation of the thai baht and know the prestige of having an M. However I feel that making a 325ci into an M3 is not going to give you good results. No mater how close they are to replicating the real car once a real M3 pulls up next to you, people will know the difference. I know prodrive and their work is good but they are copying parts and those parts are not as good as BMW factory parts. It would be more beneficial to modify your 325ci with AC Schnitzer or Hamman parts. Trust me I know those parts are really expensive also but they are genuine and people that know cars can tell the difference. They will respect you more for it. Also if you use the money for performance you will have a lot more fun than a car that looks good but doesn't go fast.
      08-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #48
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

This is what you can do also, you have to know someone at the port authority, but I have had friends do this before. Import an M3 from another country pay off the port authority and you can have a real M3 for more than converting but it's worth it. It sounds like your family is wealthy for their son to have a 325ci they should know some officials or have connections.
      08-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #49
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

just slap an Mbadge on the back and be done with it.
      08-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #50
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

oh yeah and paint the roof black.
      08-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #51
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
I wouldn't do it. It is costly. Plus beside, I don't know how long are you planning on keeping the car, but it doesn't add to the value; unless you live in some country where modifications increase the value of the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #52
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

Glorysalapao, you can do whatever you like to do with your car. But are you allowed to put the M3 badge? Just leave the M3 badge off and I think your call will look great. Remember that the BMW and M3 badge are registered trademark and you can be liable for any misrepresentation.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #53
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
Ok, I do not want to repeat all the things I already wrote, but the bottom line is that nobody here is arguing the fact that your market is not financially favorable to imported exotic cars, etc... but 1) as a first car you should already be pretty damn happy with your 325i stock, 2) why don't you ask your parents to finance your car and 3) to put a M3 badge on something that is not a real M3 is a HERESY! Take a look at this post to see what we mean: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154499

Whatever you decide, enjoy your car and drive safely!
Read the post again....I can sympathize with the seemingly prohibitive cost of an m3 in thailand but as you said your parent's car is a Carrera and a 355 pony (not sure what that is) then you should be able to afford the cost of an M3 then or at least as MTROIS says ask them to pay the bill!

Best suggestion I say is to buy and e46 M3 (they you will really have and M3) or for your 325ic get the new Performance Parts which BMW is coming out with now for the 3 series and 1 series! You can also contact any of the number of motorsport tuners (Hartage, AC Schnitzer, etc) and they can offer you a very lovely package for your car as well. Then there's active autoworks, Dinan, etc which can give your 325ic better than OEM performance!

Another good option is to turn away that 325ic and get a 335i coupe insteadl Roundel magazine in May I think had a very nice article on this car after the Dinan S2 upgrade and also a comparable Active Autoworks upgrade and both cars almost equalled the current e92 M3 in performance and I think had even more torque at a cost of about $5-10k US respectively! That is a very viable option for more than a few folks I know who talk to me and want an M3 but don't want or are unable to put out M3 $$! Also the 1 series is also an option more than a few folks are looking at especially with the 135i out there.

But whatever you do...its your funds...don't bastardize your car like that. You MAY be able to get it to LOOK similar to an M3 to the average person but any enthusiast or BMW owner or dealer or service guy will be able to tell the difference in wt, dimensions, stance, fitment of tires and especially driving and handling.

Not to bust your bubble; trying to help you here as most forum members are...but what you're asking to do is kinda like asking to make a boy a girl...it can be do but at what cost to both?
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 11:01 PM   #54
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
when are people going to stop posing and just either buy the real thing.

Sorry but a fake M3 is not going to earn you props.

Sorry but i have no respect for posers.
      08-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #55
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
yes... let's see this all what is out of $9300 including paint the color too..

Wow...looks almost like an M3 (that is what you want)...kinda like the Get Smart tv show when he would say to the Chief "missed it by that much!" LOL Cars you post look nice. I'd DEFINATELY leave them unbadged especially if I was in the states and probably in Thailand too! If an original M3 is $300k I'd be afraid that somebody would probably take ah "negative" actions against me thinking I had that much $$$ to buy a car costing that much in that part of the world!. Anyway a few things DO give your "325-M3" replica away if you look closely at the shots. (Mainly rear, brakes, and interior) as would happen as soon as you turned the key and started the engine.

However as a few others have noted...I wonder where they are ripping off BMW's parts from? Are they OEM? Likely replicas? (I've traveled to that area of the world and remember getting brand new DVD's of movies that were out currently in the states for like $5 on the streets there and for other things at 10-15% of their US values so I understand the economy of things a little from your standpoint).

My advise...get it done quickly if you're going to do it...cause BMW-AG monitors these forums and what you're posting may be seen in their eyes as that shops blatant rip off of their trademark and product brand which they would likely not take too kindly of or be happy about. Understand that the M brand is very special to BMW... glorysalapao and they probably would DEFINATELY not like someone selling "M3" whether real or not without their knowledge or permission! I remember reading about BMW-NA suing Infiniti over their badging of their M35 and M45 sport sedan cars with that M prefix! They won their suit too and a whole bunch of $$$ too and I believe they are supposed to debadge/dename their vehicles once Infiniti's legal appeals are completed/over.

Cars and mods of 3 series I've seen look awesome tho and hey once you get your car done...post pics if you want to JUST don't badge it as an M3 please.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #56
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

hey - I saw this e30 ///M318i the other day. is it some rare version?
      08-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #57
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
that's crazy why not just buy wheels and such to make it nicer instead of trying to make it something it's not.

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #58
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Ya those are probably all knock off parts. Why bother? Sorry, I'm not down with that and I'd laugh if I saw it in real life.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 12:50 AM   #59
glorysalapao
Rep

Ok, I understand everyone and I would probably not putting the M3 badges on mine... Thanks for the advise here..... For the one who ask me to buy the M3.... I have to say that 325ci is what I try to ask the best out of my dad. He can't afford my first car more than this.... if my car alive, I would happy to show you all the frequently pictures of my upgrading process. thankss
      08-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #60
glorysalapao
Rep

Actually my dad knows many port authority, but however, no one escape from this taxes. No one ever done here before. There are one way t reduce the price... It is that you order the car from the Bmw factory straightly not ordering it through the dealer. However it would reduce the price just only 5% maximum.. with that 5 % with no waratee and service, that would not be worth...

oh, I got one example of what happen to the people who try not to pay tax here in Thailand. This guy actually have to pay for 30,000,000 baht for the ferrari or $1,000,000 (as I say before, imported car is 4 times the price)

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #61
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
It's ok that probably isn't even a real Ferrari.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:34 AM   #62
glorysalapao
Rep

you can ask any Thai about this. it is real
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:36 AM   #63
glorysalapao
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:29 AM   #64
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
^
^
Its just fine... just be the M3 on the street.
it sure wont sound like an m3.

also you'll realize you're not in a real m3 when you get smoked off the line by a city bus.

seriously though, you're going to fool absolutely no one and it's $10000 you've spent making yourself like like a fool. keep your dignity and pride and put the money into stocks for a year or two and maybe then you'll have enough to put a significant down payment down on a REAL m3.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #65
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

When I lived in Texas a few years ago, I remember seeing a Geo Metro with a GT-R badge. I couldn't help but laugh.

I know it's not exactly the same, but that's usually the reaction of people who know the meaning of specific badges (///M, AMG, GT-R, etc).

It's your car and you can do what you want, but personally I wouldn't put the badge on it. I'm sure it'll look great with the bodywork but it's not really a M machine. The "M" isn't just about the appearance...in my opinion it's more about performance.

Why not put some unique custom body work into it? Borrow elements from the M3 and come up with some unique and interesting design. With the money you're about to spend on it I'm sure you and your tuners could come up with something that'll even impress a M3 owner.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 05:12 AM   #66
glorysalapao
Rep

Umm.. I said already that I might not put the m3 badge on my 325. Just stop arguing with 17 years old boy please. I believe you are much grow up than me... Someone say fool to me, I forgive you for that.( kid forgive adult.. so funny..wanna laugh...but wanna be polite so I won't laugh... I forgive you old man) however, you just come here to Bangkok, with the budget you get for M3, you can buy just 2.4 honda accord with a little of money left.... and if I move to state I would buy one second hand ferrari 360 to bit you with the budget I buy my 325ci. (don't want to argue anymore, but just feel so annoying for those un-growing up adults)
it is real

Destroying Ferrari video (Is it real now, smart guy???... or you will say that it is just a ferrari model.??.... come on man)
http://video.mthai.com/player.php?id=6M1190782671M609

Last edited by glorysalapao; 08-18-2008 at 05:31 AM..
Appreciate 0