BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #23
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Just got the Evo couple hours ago and i LOVE it. Damn it is so fast!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #24
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post
Just got the Evo couple hours ago and i LOVE it. Damn it is so fast!

Can you report your battery life and usage? I'm about to pull the trigger and switch to sprint but reading about battery life is making me hold back.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #25
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Bro I am coming from a G1. I loved that phone as well. Battery life is actually pretty good. Better than what I expected. There are apps you can download in the Android market to help your battery life. I used "Advanced Task Killer" on my G1 and will use it on the Evo as well. It clears up any apps and stuff that you arent using. To extend your battery even longer, Turn off the wifi, bluetooth, and lower the brightness. This phone is well worth it. Ive had my G1 for 1.5 years now, and upgrading to Evo was a good choice!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
bigslickak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d sedan

I have had the Evo 4g since a couple days after the release.

Also, have a couple friends and co-workers who have the iPhone 4.

The Evo has been awesome. Sprint coverage is solid in my area, and will be enhanced (to what degree has been debatable) by 4G coming to LA/OC area sometime this year. Battery life has met expectations. I am able to use the phone when fully charged all day - probably 16-18 hours, by the end of the day the state of charge is around 20%. I then charge overnight. I do use BT when in the car, and occasional WiFi/GPS, so that will change the state of charge a bit from day to day.

The screen size is mind blowing. It does make it a large phone, but it is not an annoyance to fit in even my jeans pockets. If you do wear super emo jeans, then it may be an issue.

The camera on the phone is fabulous - the 8 Megapixel rear one at least, I haven't messed with the front facing one too much.

I haven't yet rooted it, but I can give more feedback on that as soon as I do it, to see if and what improves.

As for the iPhone 4, it is a more aesthetically pleasing phone for sure. "You can kill a hooker with that stainless steel case"...or so that Funny or Die skit on You Tube claims

I think that the new iPhone4 users I've talked with are fairly pleased, but they have expressed some displeasure about signal strength based on how you hold it, etc. as has been widely reported in the media...but that is not really a huge deal at all.

Overall, I think anyone going with either phone should be happy....at least until the Droid X comes out...then the iPhone 5, then the Super Evo 4GS or whatever is down the pipe.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #27
fbiss
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8

I have had my Evo since the first day and love it!

Love the huge screen and 4g.

Yes the battery life is bad compared to other phones i have used, but honestly i expected it to with the huge screen , fast processor and all the deep integration most of the apps have.

They released an update already that has helped with the power a lot.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #28
iseedipp
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

I got the evo a couple hours after it was released so far i've had some problems with it glitching and restarting. All in all it's an awesome phone. I love the screen but the phone features isn't much different than my previous htc hero 2.1 android os, except in speed wise. The hotspot feature and 4g are just down right awesome. I would buy one again in a heartbeat but then again dual core 1.2-1.5ghz snapdragon processors are going to be coming out soon.

If you use the internet a lot this phones for you.
if you don't care about the internet well go get a free phone

The droid x is still lacking in features compared to the evo except it has a slightly higher resolution screen
http://www.gadgetsdna.com/motorola-d...exus-one/4191/
Appreciate 0