BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

03-22-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
acthad
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 228i MSport Step

iDrive won't boot after CCC Faceplate Shorted Out

Bought a new dvd drive from Ebay and tried replacing in my BMW Nav unit and the ribbon cable holder on the faceplate control panel with the vol knob/ejec buttons broke, so I tried temporarily bracing it with electric tape but during trying to tape, it went up in smoke!

Now the idrive won't boot, my tail lights were on, my comfort access stopped working, but after removing the CCC Faceplate(VOL/CD/DVD Panel) everything started to except the iDrive. But I noticed during the dvd install it needed the faceplate to boot, so I am hoping a new faceplate is just needed. Found one on ebay for $50 from Portugal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/bmw-e90-e91-...c8d335&vxp=mtr

I know I f'd up big time. Please keep the derogatory comments to yourself, looking for people who can help me reverse some of the damage, not even sure the car will start.

Anyone else have seen this or had this happen to them? Any consultations greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2014 F22 228i M-Sport, Moonroof Delete, Sensatec, 8-spd Steptronic, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons
Appreciate 0