BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

03-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #133
HappyG
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i / 6SP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
http://www.in-n-out.com/
________
Buy Hot Box
________
Easyvape

Last edited by HappyG; 05-17-2011 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #134
HappyG
Major
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Yeah, I don't post very often. After reading, I either got what I needed, or don't want to join in on the many fiascos that occur during a simple thread.
________
GM HIGH VALUE ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
________
Lamborghini Lm002 Specifications

Last edited by HappyG; 05-17-2011 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #135
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyG View Post
Yeah, I don't post very often. After reading, I either got what I needed, or don't want to join in on the many fiascos that occur during a simple thread.
I've gotten somewhat bored with talk about oil coolers, wheels, procede, and stuff. Once I have what I want, a lot of it just doesn't matter anymore. Off topic, though, might keep me interested. So far it has. I think it's part of being a community. We have our cars as a common interest. From there, the differences are where it gets interesting.

I think we have an In-n-Out in Boise, but the sign doesn't look like that one. Is yours part of a chain?

Last edited by scottwww; 03-29-2007 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #136
HappyG
Major
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
It's a private company...family owned and operated. I dont believe they have any in ID.
________
Hsv Clubsport
________
Universal Health Warehouse

Last edited by HappyG; 05-17-2011 at 02:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #137
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

That's too bad. I would like to have it my way. Sounds like they deliver on that promise.
      03-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #138
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Gotta load up the tax prep software and get on it. I don't even have any good idea how much I will owe this year. Time is running out! I guess that's where my weekend has gone.
      03-29-2007, 11:59 PM   #139
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Is this sound poker strategy?

*nb"complete guide to winning poker"".es*fp10 *hd2:Complete Guide To Winning Poker,, *ln5 *ps retract paper one line on Epson *cn1;The Complete Guide To Winning Poker*cn0:ln2 CHIPS - Seven or more players should have a supply of at least 200 chips - usually, 100 whites, 50 reds and 50 blues. The white chip is the unit, one red being worth five whites and one blue being worth ten whites or two reds.*ln1

BETTING LIMIT - In draw poker, if the limit is two chips before the draw, it is usally four after the draw. In stud poker, if the limit is one in the first three betting rounds, it is two in the final betting round (and often becomes two whenever a player has a pair showing).*ln1

POT LIMIT - The limit for any bet or raise is the number of chips in the pot at the time the bet or raise is made. (This means that a player who raises may count as part of the pot the number of chips required for him to call. If there are six chips in the pot and then a bet of four is made, the total is ten chips; it requires four chips for the next player to call, making 14; and he may then raise by 14 chips.) When pot limit is played, there should still be some maximum limit such as 50 chips.*ln1

TABLE STAKES - Table stakes is the name for the practice of limiting players to using just the chips they have in front of them for any one hand. Also, no player may withdraw any chips from the table (except if the game aggrees otherwise), or return them to the banker, until he leaves the game. A player may add to his stack only between hands.*ln1

LIMITS ON RAISES - It is common to limit the number of raises any one player may make to three (in some circles, two) in each betting interval. Almost equally common is to have a limit of three raises, no matter whom, in any one betting interval. (This type of limit is most often applied in high-low poker.)*ln1

DRAW POKER - In draw poker, there is a mandatory opening bet for the player left of dealer if he is to stay in the pot. Quite often the player after the opener is required to raise to stay in if openning blind. This is called PASSOUT.*ln2 JACKPOTS*ln1

DEAL PASSED OUT - If every player, including the dealer, checks on the first round, the deal is passed out. Each player antes another chip. The next player in turn deals. (If dealer is anteing for all players, only the next dealer in turn antes.)*ln1

STANDING PAT - A player who does not wish to draw to his original five cards must so signify by announcing the fact or by knocking on the table when his turn to draw comes. Such a player stands pat.*ln1

SPLITTING OPENERS - Since at the end of play, the opener must prove he had cards permitting him to open, he must put his discards into the pot face down. If he split his openers, at the end of play he must prove his openning hand.*ln1

REVIEWING THE DRAW - At any time during the draw, until the first legal bet has been made thereafter, andy player may demand that each other player state the number of cards he drew, and the other players must so state, truthfully. (Many games allow a review of the draws at any time.)*ln1

*cn1;# # #*cn0 *nb"Scott Wells" *nb"transcribed 5/5/86" *nb"" *lk:winning poker strategy

Last edited by scottwww; 03-30-2007 at 12:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 12:14 AM   #140
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

*nb"winning poker strategy"".es"
*nb"by Edwin Silberstang"
*lm12:rm92
*fp10
*hd2:Winning Poker Strategy,,
*ln5
*ps retract paper one line on Epson
*cn1;Winning Poker Strategy*cn0:ln2
Rank of the hands - High poker
52 card deck - no wild cards*ln1

Royal Flush A,K,Q,J,10 of any suit
Straight Flush 5 consecutive cards of any one suit
Four Of A Kind 4 cards equal rank one of each suit
Full House 3 of a kind and a pair rank of 3 of kind wins
Flush 5 cards of one suit high rank wins
Straight 5 consecutive cards high rank wins
Three Of A Kind 3 cards equal rank high rank wins
Two Pair 2 pairs equal rank cards high rank pair wins
One Pair 1 pair equal rank cards high rank pair wins
No Pair neither straight, nor flush, just odd cards high rank wins*ln1

*cn1;In the event of a tie, the pot is split between these winners*cn0:ln2
THE DEAL*ln1

The deal is exchanged in CLOCKWISE direction.
Dealer SHUFFLEs cards thoroughly,
Has player to right CUT cards, Anounces game VARIATIONs,
Makes sure all ANTEs are in,
DEALs correct number of cards to each player,
Makes sure BETting takes place in correct order,
Makes sure correct amount is bet,
After DRAW, gathers in all discards,
DEALs correct number of cards to each person
Makes sure BETting is correct*ln2
BETTING ROUNDS*ln1

Draw Poker - two, one before draw, one fater
Hold 'Em - four, before flop, after, Fourth, and Fifth street
Five Card Stud - four
Seven Card Stud - five*ln2
ANTES*ln1

Antes are optional is stud poker.
Antes are required in draw poker and total antes are usually equal to maximum bet.*ln2
BETTING*ln1

In stud poker, player with highest card must open either with minimum or maximum bet or between.
Player must either call the bet, fold, or raise the bet.
In subsequent rounds, if opening bettor checks, then other players may open with a bet which can or cannot be raised by checker*ln2
SHOWDOWN*ln1

After all betting, if 2 or more players remain, then the last person to raise the bet must lay down his hand.
Losers need not lay down their hand, they may discard it.*ln2
RULES: "DRAW" POKER OR "CLOSED" POKER*ln1

Number Of Players - 2 to 8 players. Best game: 6 to 8 players.*ln1

Betting Rounds - 2; one before draw, one after.*ln1

Ante - Standard in draw poker, it sweetens the pot. Total antes equals maximum bet.*ln1

Jacks Or Better - Proof of the opening cards must be supplied at the end of the game.*ln1

Dealer - Each player cuts the cards, holder of the best card deals first. Thereafter the deal moves round the table to his left. The dealer bets last and draws cards last.*ln1

First Bet Round - If a player checks, then another bets, the checker may call but not raise. If the bets are correct, then begins the draw.*ln1

The Draw - There is a mizimum draw of 3 cards.*ln1

2nd Bet Round - Opening bet returns to the opener of the first round. The last person to bet or raise after he has been called, lays down his hand.*ln1

Showdown - If he has the best hand, the other players need not show their hands. If he can be beat, the winner will show his hand.*ln1

Showing Openers - The person who opened the first time must show his opening cards.*ln1

No Opener - If noone can or will open, the cards are given to the next dealer who reshuffles and deals, this time being q ueens or better. If no opener, then kings or better, then aces, then back down; kings, queens, jacks.*ln1

Draw Poker - Same as Jacks-or-Better except you don't need anything to open.*ln2
IRREGULARITIES*ln1

Incorrect # Cards - If deck has wrong number cards, money in this game is returned to players. All previous games played with the same deck stand, however.*ln1

No Shuffle - Cards haven't been shuffled, can be called a misdeal any time prior to draw.*ln1

No Cut - Misdeal can be called prior to first bet.*ln1

Exposed Card - Misdeal if card is exposed during cut, shuffle, or deal. If dealer deals his own card exposed, there is no misdeal.*ln1

Too Many Dealt - If player sees cards and finds too many, misdeal is called. If he doesn't see cards, extra card is returned to bottom of deck if there is just one too many. If more than one too many, it is misdeal.*ln1

Skipped Player - If player is skipped during deal and is pointed out before first bet, it is misdeal. If not, play resumes and skipped player stays out of game.*ln1

Wrong Dealer - If the wrong player is dealing, and no betting has begun, it is a misdeal.*ln1

Betting Incorrectly - Once bet has been made, it stands, whether done out of turn or in the wrong amount.*ln1

Oral Bet - Must be honored.*ln1

Exposed Card During Draw - Player cannot take even if he wants it. Card is dead. If dealer exposes own draw, he must take it.*ln1

Drawing Out Of Turn - If player misses draw, he may get cards immediately. If he misses draw completely and betting has begun, he playes with the cards in his hand.*ln1

Mistaken Call - If cards value has been called higher or lower than reality, and the pot money has been commingled with player's money, the win is good.*ln1

False Openers - If in Jacks-or-Better the opener didn't have jacks or better, he forfeits the pot.*ln2
FIVE CARD STUD, HIGH*ln1

# Of Players - 2 to 10 players, best is with 6 to 8.*ln1

Ante - Usually no ante in stud poker. If only four or five players, ante may be desirable.*ln1
Betting Rounds - Four betting rounds: First two cards are dealt to each player, one up, one down, and begins the first round of betting. Then three more cards are dealt face up, one at a time, and a betting round follows each new card dealt.*ln1

The Deal - First dealer is determined by cutting the cards. Low card-holder deals.*ln1

1st Betting Round - Player with highest ranking card must open the betting. If 2 players have equal rank cards, the responsibility of opening goes to the one nearest the left of the dealer. After the opening bet, the betting round continues to the opener's left.*ln1

Seven Card Stud, High - In this game, there are seven cards instead of 5 dealt to each player. Of those 7 he may choose 5 to use in his hand. There are 3 hidden cards dealt instead of one. Two closed cards are dealt on the first round, then the last card is also closed. There are 5 betting rounds, the first one after each card dealt. No ante is usually used unless there are 5 or less players. In stud poker the opening bettor must bet. He cannot check or fold. His bet may be the minimum.*ln2
LOWBALL*ln1

Rank Of Cards - The ace is best, followed by the 2,3,4,5,6,etc., up to the king. It is the exact opposite ranking of high poker.*ln1

Rank Of Hands - The highest ranking card determines the call of the hand when all five cards are odd cards. A queen high hand loses to a jack high hand. A seven high hand loses to a six high hand. Going one step further, a 9,8 hand loses to a 9,7 hand.
5,4,3,2,A is the best hand since straights don't count in lowball. This hand is called a wheel. If another player has a wheel, the pot is split.
6,4,3,2,A is the second best hand.
6,5,3,2,A is the third best hand.
6,5,4,2,A is the fourth best hand.
The highest unmatched hand is K,Q,J,10,9. These are terrible cards to hold in lowball, but it beats any pair. If pairs are in the showdown hands, the lowest ranking pair wins. If the pairs are equal in rank, the odd cards determine a winner. 4,4,J,9,5 beats 4,4,Q,3,2, and 9,9,6,5,4 beats 9,9,7,2,A.*ln1

Openers - The game is played as anything opens. The same rules that apply to draw poker apply to this game except that straights and flushes don't count.*ln1

# Of Players - 2 to 9 players, 7 or 8 makes the best game.*ln1

There is no Blind Bet in lowball unless agreed to by all players.*ln1

Live Blind in poker is betting blind as required but having the option to raise yourself when it gets back to you.*ln1

Lowball Stud Poker the lowest card opens.*ln2
MONEY MANAGEMENT*ln1

Bring a Bankroll of 40 times the maximum bet to the game.*ln1

If you lose 20 times the maximum bet, get out of the game.*ln1

If you double your money, either get out of the game, or play with 20% of your total winnings.*ln1
Study your opponents; whether they are tight or inexperienced. They are probably inexperienced if they play too many hands then fold before showdown.*ln1

Don't stay in with cards that won't win in the showdown.*ln1

Know the odds, don't go for something unless there is enough in the pot to justify the chance of the loss. If you've got a great hand, bet on it but don't discourage the others. Make the most you can on a hand.*ln1

If others bet heavily, take a second look at what you've got. If it's just as good as before, hang in there, if it's not, don't hesitate to drop out.*ln1

In playing Jacks Or Better it is a good idea to have better than a pair of jacks to open. Remember the odds. If you are to the right of the dealer you might want to open. Otherwise don't open unless you have kings or aces. If you open with jacks or queens and are raised, you better fold unless you suspect a bluff.*ln1

If you have four flush, don't stay in unless the pot contains 5 times your call bet. Then pray for the draw.*ln1

When another player opens, don't stay in with less than kings. If playing dealer's choice, always choose Draw Poker or Jacks Or Better.*ln1

Don't be affraid of being bluffed. If your cards can't win, it's not worth trying.*ln1

Draw Poker-Anything Opens is the same as Jacks Or Better except you don't need anything to open. Don't open with less than kings if you aren't the dealer or to his right. Use the same strategies as jacks or better.*ln2
FIVE CARD STUD*ln1

Before first betting round commences, if what I've got in the hole doesn't beat everything on the board, I'm out. The same goes for subsequent rounds. If what I've got can't beat everything showing, I fold. If you're in with a pair from the start, stay in. If it's lower than eigts, you probably have to improve to win. If it's faces or aces you're almost sure to win. However, if you're ever beat, get out fast.*ln1

When you're beaten on board, immediately go out. When you're top man, make the others pay to stay in with you. Control the game.*ln1

Don't go for straights and flushes they're practically impossible to make.*ln1

Go for a pair, two pairs, or three of a kind, and count on them to win pots for you.*ln2 SEVEN CARD STUD, HIGH*ln1

Seven card stud, high is a game that many weak players will stay in to the very end, to the showdown, hoping to buy good cards to improve their mediocre hands. It is thus one of the best money games for strong players.*ln1

If what you've got closed to start out is good, stay with it. If it's great, really go for it after leading your prey to the trap. Don't hold back too long though, maybe one round.*ln1

If you don't have good cards to start, you probably can't buy much better. If you start with bad cards, you will probably have a decent hand at showdown but not enough to beat the hand that began good and still improved.*ln1

If holding three of a kind, (triplets) at the first betting round you are almost sure to win whether you improve or not. In the first two rounds just call the bets. After that, raise as much as is logical. Let 'em think for awhile that you're going for two pair or a low straight. On the third round reraise and in the fourth anf fifth raise the limit.*ln1

DO NOT DRIVE OUT THE OTHER PLAYERS IF YOU'RE GOING TO WIN.*ln1

With a High Pair And An Odd Card, stay in and let it develop into something better.*ln1

With a Middle Pair And An Odd Card, hang in there but watch for other players cards and for high betting.*ln1

Small Pair And High Card, stay in until the kitchen gets too hot. If it doesn't you may take the pot.*ln1

Three To A Straight, stay in vut if you don't have Four To A Straight by the fifth card, get out!*ln1

Play a Three Flush the same as a three straight.*ln1

Don't Try and buy cards you really need in the last two rounds, that is a sucker's play.*ln1

Never, never, raise on a possible flush or straight.*ln1

Raise when the odds are in your favor. Get your money down then and you'll be a smart player and a big winner.*ln1

With and Ace, King And Odd Card, stay in for the first round and see what happens. If there are raises, drop out. Be supercautious with these cards.*ln1

A Small Pair, Concealed if it is accompanied by a High Card, stay in for a round or two. If accompanied by a middle or low odd card, stay in for the round. If half the pair is showing, I'm likely to drop in the first round if the betting gets tough. Ask yourself this question, "Can my first three cards develop into a winning hand - the best hand on the table?" We are being tight players this way, so sometimes to keep the other players alert, we must vary our opening strategy to play with junk. But once we are raised we must fold the bad hands.*ln1

Betting And Raising - When my cards are very strong, strong enough by themselves to win without any improvement, such as three of a kind in face cards, I want everyone in the pot; so I disquise my strength by not raising immediately. If there are a couple of raises in the early rounds, I'll just call them until the opportune moment, which is the last two rounds of betting. Then, suddenly, my hand will assert itself in raises.*ln1
If I hold strong cards, but not overwhelmingly powerful, cards such as kings or aces up, I raise as soon as possible. I want to drive out the players who are going after triplets or a flush or straight. I figure that I'm top man at the moment, and if I eliminate the competition, I'll be left alone to gather in the pot.*ln1

TO SUM UP*ln1

If you have the best cards, and they will win without any improvement, keep all the players along for the ride, then hit them in the last two betting rounds.*ln1

If your cards are strongest, but other'(s might, if allowed to stay in cheaply, luckily buy some random card to beat you, make them pay as heavily as possible for their troubles. In the long run they won't win many of their hands; they'll get their flush or straight once in five or six hands, and in the other times, they'll be paying you a lot of money.*ln1
Never raise on four flush or straight. Don't raise on expectations, period. No matter how good your cards are, if you are beaten on board, get out.*ln1
LOWBALL DRAW POKER*ln1

I'd never draw to more than a seven high hand in lowball. Never draw more than one card unless there is no bets before the draw or if you were the blind bettor and weren't raised. Don't go in with anything higher than a seven. An 8 is just too high and will lose more often than not; 7 is our top card when we have to draw one card.*ln1

I'll stay in with a 9 pat hand if I'm playing with weak players who are always drawing one or more cards and I'm the dealer or to the dealer's right, and then only if one other player is in with me. If I stay in with another player with my 9-high pat hand, I still remain cautious. If he stands pat, I may already be beaten, but he might have a high pat hand. So if he checks after the draw, I check. If he bets small, I'll call. However, if he draws one card and then checks, I'll bet the limit. Let him wonder about that. Holding a pat hand in this situation leads to bluffing possibilities*ln1

Play a tight game, and get control of the game. If you play this way, you will win in the long run. And once you are ahead and playing with good cards, the other players are going to fear you and get scared when you make big bets or big raises. You have them by the short hairs at this point.*ln1

An important consideration is position. If you are sitting to the right of the dealer, you are in an ideal position to raise or open with cards you couldn't play with if you were under the gun or in the first three positions to bet. If you hold 7,4,3,2,A dnd you're under the gun, open with a medium sized bet to keep the other players in. If you're to the dealers right and, a few players are already in the pot, raise to the limit. If they call, stand pat. Let them worry. You're last to draw and last to bet; great position. If they suspect you've been bluffing and they open the betting and you raise and they reraise, you raise them again. A six or below holding is infrequent and if they don't hold it, they're in trouble.*ln1

If you very seldom bluff, but the perfect opportunity arises and you go for it and win, you might want to show your cards so you can make a psychological impression on the other players. Next time you're up against them for a win with your tight good cards as usual, they will wonder if you're bluffing and call or raise your sky high bets. Then you can clean them out. This psychology especially works good if performed in an open hand game.*ln2
Five Card Stud, Lowball - is a good game for high stakes or for stakes with a wide swing between low and high bets. If you can't drive out the other players with high betting, and raises, there's nothing you can do but stay in, round after round and pray for good luck. The more rounds you stay in, the more chances you have of disaster striking your hand. You can get off to a good first couple rounds and then your hand turns sour with a pair. You must go in with low cards, no higher than seven, and bet the limit to try and drive out the other players. Or let them suffer, following your big bets, so long as you're top man. An 8, 9, or 10 high can win for you at the end, but never go in with worse than 7 high.*ln2
SEVEN CARD STUD, LOWBALL or Razz as it is called is a much better game than 5 card stud, lowball. Each player is dealt 7 cards and bets as in 7 card stud, high, picking his five best cards for this hand. If you find yourself in a position to bluff or fold, take note of how much is in the pot, how much the maximum bet is, and what the other players cards look like and what yours look to hime. If the pot is large and you bet to a relatively small limit, you're gonna get called. If there is a pot limit you might go for the bluff if you suspect the other of a mediocre hand. If you don't want a reputation as a very tight player, go in occassionally with an 8-high holding. But don't take it too far.*ln1

When you have the best hand from the outset, you must make the others pay heavily to stay in with you. You must start raising from the outset and punish the opponents.*ln1

Seven card stud, lowball is not a game to play possum in because of the uncertainty of buying good cards. A strong hand can fade quickly by the end with a couple of bad cards, and so you must try to get the other players out, or to call your big bets with inferior cards. In the long run this strategy will work well because while you may get a bad buy, so may they, and your cards are lower than theirs, and you'll still have the advantage.*ln1

To sum up: Stay in with three odd cards, with the highest no larger than a 7, bet big when you have the goods, and you'll do alright.*ln2
JACKS OR BETTER*ln1

To sum up the strategies of draw poker:*ln1
:ma3
1 If I'm in the first four positions of a 7-man game, I wouldn't open with less than kings. In the fifth position I'd open with queens, after that with jacks.*ln1
:ma3 2 If I opened with jacks or queens and was raised, I'd throw those cards away in a hurry. I'm dead with weak pair of ladies or knaves, and I don't want to invest any more money in the hand.*ln1
3 If another player opens, and I hold kings or aces, I raise.*ln1
:ma3 4 If I hold three of a kind, jacks or better, I call the opener and don't raise. I'm pretty sure it's going to be my pot, and I want as many players in as possible, contributing to my future income. However, should there be a raise often my call, I reraise. Now everyone will have to pay dearly to try and draw better cards than my powerful three of a kind.*ln1
5 If I hold three 10's or lower, I raise the opener since any player may draw a third to a face-card pair to beat me. I want them out, or I want them to pay more money to try and beat me.*ln1
6 If I hold two small pair, and I am the dealer or to the dealer's right, and there's no raises before the draw, I'll stay in with them only if there is one other player in with me. I think two small or medium pair are useless in draw poker. The odds against improving them to a full house is 11 - 1; generally, they won't win by themselves. I'd never open them unless I was the dealer or to the dealer's right.*ln1

More Advanced Strategies:*ln1
1 If I hold two pair, the top pair being jacks or better, I raise the opener so as to drive everyone out before they get a chance to draw. I don't want someone with a pair of 5's getting that third 5; again, if he's trying for triplets with poor cards, he'll have to pay good money for his efforts.*ln1
2 If I hold kings or aces, have raised the opener, and he and I are alone for the draw, and if I'm behind him in position, I alter my draw according to his.
If he draws three cards, I draw three. If he draws two, I draw two. I figure him for a pair and a kicker; otherwise, he would have reraised me before the draw. He'll probably check after the draw, figuring me for three of a kind, and when I make a big bet, he'll probably fold.*ln1
3 Never go in with three flushes or three straights. They're sucker plays. Don't try to fill in an inside straight (10,9,-,7,6) since the odds are prohibitive against improving. And don't go in with two small pair if you have to get a full house to win the pot. There will never be enough money in the pot to compensate for the 11 - 1 odds against improving.*ln1
4 Study your opponents in the game. In draw poker it's easy to spot the weak or strong players. Weak players do the following:*ma2
a They go in with four straight and four flush when there isn't at least 5 - 1 in the pot.*ma2
b They raise on four flush and four straight.*ma2
c They go in with three flush and three straight.*ma2
d They go for inside straight.*ma2
e They go in with a low pair and absorb several raises, then fold after the draw not having improved their hand.*ma2
f They open with jacks under the gun.*ln1
5 Finally, a word about bluffing. You can't bluff a weak player who is winning or about even. You can more easily bluff a strong player, but be careful. A strong player stays in with good cards, and instead of finding yourself bluffing him at the showdown, you might find yourself reraised by a full house or a flush.*ln2

The following chart shows the odds against improving various hands:*ln1

Cards
Cards held before draw drawn Odds against improving
One pair 3 2.5 - 1 2.5 - 1
Two pair 1 10.8 - 1 11 - 1
Three of a kind 2 8.7 - 1 9 - 1

Four flush 1 4.2 - 1 4.5 - 1
Two-sided straight 1 4.87 - 1 5 - 1
Inside or one-sided straight 1 10.8 - 1 11 - 1*ln2
The following is a chart that shows the odds against improving various hands after the draw.*ln1

One pair 3 Two pair 5 - 1
Three of kind 8 - 1

Full house 97 - 1
One pair w/Ace kicker 2 Aces up 7.5 - 1
Any other pair 17 - 1

Three of kind 12 - 1
Two pair 1 Full house 11 - 1
Three of a kind 2 Full house 15.5 - 1
Four of kind 22.5 - 1
Four card straight flush open ended 1 Straight flush 22.5 - 1
Any improvement 2 - 1*ln2
*cn1;# # #*cn0
*nb"Scott Wells"
*nb"transcribed 5/9/86"
*nb""
*lk:more poker
      03-30-2007, 12:15 AM   #141
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

*nb"more poker"".es" *fp10 *hd2:More Poker,, *ln5 *ps retract paper one line on Epson *cn1;More Poker*cn0:ln2 If there is just you and another player left who opened, don't raise enough to scare him off if you have better than kings. With kings you might consider the limit to scare him off. If you have a pair of aces and there are ten chips including you call in the pot, raise more than two to scare off a 4-straight or 4-flush holder. Raise five to retain a pairholder. The odds are in your favor with those aces.*ln1

If you have a 4-straight and the pot hasn't been opened so antes total 6, raise the maximum of 5 chips. Then you either scare everybody off or someone with a good hand, perhaps 2 pair will call or raise which is fine with you. By the time he gets done raising the maximum 5 chips, there will be 21 in the pot giving you good enough odds to call. Then if you do pick up the straight you can beat probably anything he's holding. But now come to think of it, your odds on completing the straight are about 6.5 - 1 so you might want to require at least 30 chips in the pot by the time you have to call.*ln1

If you and two others are betting heavily against each other before the draw and then the draw goes: stand pat, draw two, and you stand pat with an ace high flush you probably have the pot. But if first the pat and draw 2 check, then you bet, get called by pat and raised by draw 2, you've got the pat beaten (he has a straight or flush, if it's a flush, yours will take since it's ace high) but the player who drew two has a full house against the odds. If he's bluffing, he's deserved it. Fold your hand and look forward to next hand. If you really suspect a bluff, it may be so you might do good to call and get a look at those cards. If he is, the pot is yours and you know how well he can bluff. If he isn't, you may save yourself from suspecting a bluff so much in a later hand.*ln1

After the draw, call with pair aces if there is 3 times you call in the pot.*ln1

After the draw, call with pair of kings if there is 9 times your call in the pot.*ln1

After the draw, call with pair of queens if there is 10 times your call in the pot.*ln1

After the draw, call with pair of jacks if there is 12 times your money in the pot.*ln1

When playing with 5 others, if holding jacks or less, check the bet. Call up to a one chip bet. Queens - if last player, open for 2 chips. If second to last player, open for 1 chip. Kings - if last player, open for 3. If second to last, open for 2. If third, open for 1.*ln2 *cn1;# # #*cn0 *nb"Scott Wells" *nb"transcribed 5/9/86" *nb"" *lk:
      03-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #142
NaTuReB0Y