BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

05-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Trinity Autosport helped fix my suspension problems.

Gotta give big props to Joe and Nerwyll at Trinity. I was having multiple issues with my car and could not stand it. I was hearing a clunking noise that was sporadic and changed with wheel speed.

Initially I thought it was my brakes. So i pulled my wheels, pulled my pads, regreased the backing plates and made sure the spring tensioner was holding the pads firm (stoptech bbk).

Went for another drive, heard the noise again. Noised seemed to go off and on when i turned my steering wheel. At times it sounded like something was rolling around in my tire. So i went to the shop and pulled my tires. Nothing.

Noise is still coming and going. After driving to bimmerfest i noticed that my car alignment was off. It would drive straight but the steering wheel was cocked to the right by 3 degrees - really annoying.

Spoke to Joe and he had me stop by. Trinity is bomb because they let me use there shop car if needed and since i have a newborn its really tough for me to drop my car off since i have nobody to pick me up.

I bought a set of wheel bearings just in case. Joe lifted my car and told me he highly doubted it was wheel bearings and didn't want me to waste any unnecessary money. He recommended an alignment shop with a hunter alignment machine.

Took it there and found that my suspension toe adjustment was way off (by almost 1 full degree from where it should be). The tech said the nut was not torqued down properly which probably caused it to go out of alignment and possibly cause noise.

Took the car for a long drive....everything is fixed! No more noise! Also saved $$$.

Joe is the man. Straight shooter and looks after customers.

Moderators please move if I posted in the wrong section.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0