BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
MPoWeRMAN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91

talked to two Germans testing an E92 M3 today

So I'm in a drive-thru at a local restaurant on the 10 freeway in Palm Desert today, and I see these two dudes taking pics of my car, so I think they are E90 fans or something. I pull forward, and start talking to them, and they start asking me questions about my car(in heavy german accents), mainly the M5 bumper. I parked, and when I got out, I noticed 2 E92's parked next to eachother, and one was an M3. No roundels, but everything else, vented fenders, hood, and the unique mirrors. When I saw all the computer equipment hooked up in the passenger seat, I then knew that they were test drivers. I've seen test drivers before, and they usually dont talk much to anyone, but these guys were really friendly, and very talkative. They were taking more pics of my car, the M5 wheels, and the CF roundels. I was of course drooling over the M3, and in person, it looks much hotter than the pics. The mirrors look really nice, and from all angles, its pure sex!! They were making a run from Oxnard, doing heat testing they said, they actually were asking me if I knew of any hotter areas than the 10 freeway, so I told them to drive from Palm Desert to Phoenix, and thats about as hot as you can get unless you go to Death Valley. Anyways, back to the M3, it was a 6MT, I asked him how it drives compared to the E46, and he said that it handles a little better, and its faster, but it doesnt feel much faster, but overall he enjoys the ride much better than the E46. No, no pics, as there are so many pics of the M3 out by now, its just like all the others. He did confirm with me that the E90 M3 will be sold in the US, and he thinks that a E91 M3 is in the works, but will probably not make it stateside. He also said that the E92 will be available with or without a CF roof, so for those of you moonroof fans, it will be available. He also said that there will be 2 wheel choices.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
nice! it cant look better than pictures, any better than that is a sin!
Appreciate 0