BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

10-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
rasi54
Rep
Drives: M3

FS 2008 M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I'm considering selling this car as my dealer is giving me a hard time with warranty issuses due to driving the car on the race track. The brochure shows the car always on the race track. I really like this car, but I know I won't be able to deal with this for 4 years. Not sure if others are having this problem, but it really frustrates me; hence my decision. Please don't give me a hard time about the starting price as I have reviewed other posts and have indicated "or best offer". I'm just being honest and alittle frustrated with the whole deal. Pictures at www.ricksautomotiveservice.com

4,000 miles
6 speed manual transmission
Silverstone Metallic
Black novillo leather
Blue-gray brushed aluminium trim
Cold weather package
Technology package
Moonroof
19" wheels w/performance tires
Stainless brake hoses
Motul brake fluid
3M bra
Paid $65,825.00
Price $59,000 OBO

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

wow that sucks dude, i mean i don't see whats wrong with taking your car to a track and besides how did they find out that you were taking it on the track, that dealership needs to get fucking sued for things like that, its your car you can do whatever the hell you want with it. well G/L with the sale and sorry to hear about those bitches giving shit at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
BMWguy206
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 400E

OK so how did the dealer know that your took your M3 at the track?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
rasi54
Rep

With tires worn on the front the way they are and employees knowing what I like to do I guess it got to the service manager. Hard to hide those things don't you think?

Here's my 6 speed online listing

I recently bought a 2008 M3 and have tracked it several times. First, I had issuses with the suspension and the dealer ordered a new strut for the left front. I ohmed the front motors and found the left front disconnected under a cover and fixed it myself. Now, they tell me the vibration upon brake pedal application is because the front tires need replaced. They also have said the OEM brake fluid is better than Motul and I pointed out the wet and dry boiling points are better for Motul. They don't like the stainless brake hoses either. Test drove the car with a technician and he saw and felt what I was talking about as I had him put his hand on the steering wheel. Also, complained about 3rd gear feeling "notchey" with no grinding. Before the test drive they called and said nothing was wrong with the car. I like the car, but don't think I can deal with this for 4 years. I own an automotive repair business and the future seems clear to me.Therfore I'm very seriously considering selling the car. I just need some advice and/or leads as I feel another dealer will treat me the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

The vibration is a known BMW M3 brake issue.

The pads are the wrong compound for tracking the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 08:12 AM   #6
rasi54
Rep

The vibration occurs with light brake pedal application and gets worse after 7-8 laps on the track. This I sense is rotors, yes I know the pads aren't adequate for track events, but some people have no problems.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
rasi54
Rep

Anyone interest in this car? I would like to see it go soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #8
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasi54 View Post
The vibration occurs with light brake pedal application and gets worse after 7-8 laps on the track. This I sense is rotors, yes I know the pads aren't adequate for track events, but some people have no problems.
Actually, it's the stock pads melting on the rotors when pushed hard at the track. If you drive it around for 3-4 weeks, it goes away. I went through that cycles 3 times with the exact same outcome; the vibration going eventually going. Then I started using track pads, and that solved the problem. I was also told I needed new front tires. I said that's BS, and ignored them. I am glad that I did as that would have been wasted $800.

Regardless, your rotors will wear out faster. They might refuse to do rotors for you twice a year, and that's understandable, but I don't see how they can touch the rest of the warranty.

The other thing to do is to get track wheels/tires. That way your stock tires stay in good shape and they can't complain about this or that.

I spoke with Will Turner at the track the other week about stainless lines. He said he does not think the car needs them.

The major pain in the ass is to swap pads and wheels each time at the track. Nothing beats a dedicated track car on a trailer when it comes to that, which is what I am thinking about doing (not with my current M3).