BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

11-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #23
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yeah...amazingly obnoxious.
We all have our opinions
      11-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #24
steve02492
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

For those who are drolling over this S80, my advice is that you drive it, and then report back. I owned an S80 not too long ago. It was plenty powerful, but it felt "unbalanced" for want of a better word, with torque steer like you read about. And the ride was just terrible- felt every bump, but not in a good, tight suspension kind of way. It is not exactly the ultimate driving machine IMO. And I don't buy into the idea that Volvos are any safer than most well made, high end cars these days. The IIHS shows that there are lots of safe cars out there- Volvo does not have a monopoly on safety, even though it wants you to believe that it does. I'm not trying to bash Volvo- they make solid cars. But I react when I see Volvo trying to be something that it's not.