BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

EXXEL Distributions

05-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez Blk / Fox Red Ext

Talking Moving to Miami!!

Hey peoples,

I'll be moving to Miami soon and wish to know somethings before I get there. What neighborhoods are good to live in, night life, things to do in the area. If you guys can please fill me in, I would appreciate it. If you guys can recommend some nice townhouses or condos something with a garage. I would like to get to know some people and see what Miami is all about. Thank you all for any info you can hook me up with, I'm originally from Cali but living in Germany for the last 8 years!!

Joaquin, yes I am a beaner n a beemer, two of them to be exact!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

^^^Lucky you. Active Autowerke is located in Miami. A good portion of my mods are coming from them. They'll also do all the installs for you since you're close to them.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
lebreeze
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18’c63s,15’macanturbo,14’ 991s

Garage List
2008 e92 m3  [0.00]
My mom has a place in sunny iles florida (north miami) for the winter. Its called the Pinicille. Its really nice has a garage. There are a bunch of nice places in that area.

Last edited by lebreeze; 05-25-2009 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep

I'm now I'm stoked about AA already, thats were I'm gonna bring the ride too. I can't go north miami as much as I would like....need to be close to work. I'm looking around Coral Gables area or nearby...Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

I live in Coral Gables. Its a great area. What is your price range?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Great! You will love Miami..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #7
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep

I'm looking anywhere between 1100 to 1700 monthly, if you any of you have leads to a nice ass Townhouse or Condo with Garage. I'm pretty sure I'll love Miami....plus how couldn't you with AA down the street and the beach at the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pitbull move over....just kidding, probably get shot for that!!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #8
jlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

LOL at "beaner n a beemer"

Welcome to the neighborhood
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6M Competition DG

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
Welcome to one of the hottest cities in the US.
      05-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
jlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I hope you mean literally
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
Labrada_Exoticz
Subscribed
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaw View Post
I hope you mean literally
lmao i hope so too.

Welcome
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6M Competition DG

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
I meant both, temperature wise and hot sexy bootylicious women wise too!
      05-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #13
KingM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Miami is the greatest place ever. live in SoBe, eat in SoBe, chill in SoBe, and party in SoBE. | South Beach = SoBe

2009 e92 ///M3 AW | DCT | Fully Loaded | CF roof | 19" wheels | Camaross305 HID bulbs 6k | Eisenmann sport exhaust & connecting pipes | V1 hardwired | 5% tints all around | matte black grill w/ jet black surroundings | matte black side gills | Vorsteiner Type I Diffuser |
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #14
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep

Thank you guys!!! I'm looking forward to it already, but I know that its hotter right now in Afghanistan thats for sure and I'm sure the ladies there are much hotter than they are here!! LOL, looking forward to meeting some you Miamians!!

Anyone have any good leads on townhouses, condos, or large apartments w/ garage?? TIA
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #15
zmanfarley
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan

I am actually from California and living in South Florida (by Boca Raton though up north).

It's a lot of fun down there though, I am from Northern Cali though so this area seems not as optimal as it could be (I just miss the Bay). If you are from So Cal it might be different for you, I always thought Miami was more So Cal. Which part of California are you from originally?

So far as housing I know little down there but my In-Laws are realtors if you need help (sounds like I am selling sh!t but you can probably get a steal right now if you know where to look for sbout $1500). My personal advice would be to find a condo for cheap that has a good amount of amenities and a view if it is affordable. Alton Rd. would probably be a good place for value that is only a minute or two drive to the water. Any place by lincoln road is great because you have so much to do and so many restaurants for saturday/sunday brunch and it is still close to the beach. The other places my in-laws would know. If you just want tips though and no help seeing places PM me and I can have my wife think of places (she grew up in North Miami Beach/ Aventura area). If beaner as posted in your original post = mexican then be prepared for shitty mexican food. I have luckily found three places around me that have good mexican food, one of them is awesome. Seriously you have to find a good place around you first thing.

Anyways welcome.
      06-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #16
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanfarley View Post
I am actually from California and living in South Florida (by Boca Raton though up north).

It's a lot of fun down there though, I am from Northern Cali though so this area seems not as optimal as it could be (I just miss the Bay). If you are from So Cal it might be different for you, I always thought Miami was more So Cal. Which part of California are you from originally?

So far as housing I know little down there but my In-Laws are realtors if you need help (sounds like I am selling sh!t but you can probably get a steal right now if you know where to look for sbout $1500). My personal advice would be to find a condo for cheap that has a good amount of amenities and a view if it is affordable. Alton Rd. would probably be a good place for value that is only a minute or two drive to the water. Any place by lincoln road is great because you have so much to do and so many restaurants for saturday/sunday brunch and it is still close to the beach. The other places my in-laws would know. If you just want tips though and no help seeing places PM me and I can have my wife think of places (she grew up in North Miami Beach/ Aventura area). If beaner as posted in your original post = mexican then be prepared for shitty mexican food. I have luckily found three places around me that have good mexican food, one of them is awesome. Seriously you have to find a good place around you first thing.

Anyways welcome.

Thats awesome thanks, I'll probably hit you up when I get there. I'm from San Jose originally so I to miss the bay!! You'll be hearing from me again and thank you for your advice.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #17
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

welcome to paradise

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #18
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep

Here is a question....I noticed that if I own a vehicle for longer than 6 months out of state, I get taxed at a used rate. Only reason why I ask is cuz I take delivery of my M this month and will be there bout Oct/Nov time frame. Anyone know specifically how it works with military?? I really don't look forward to paying the 6% tax on a new car. I'm just looking right now on how to avoid that. Any info would be great!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #19
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

you should look into the brickell condos right now...they are pretty much giving them away...alot of new condos + bad economy = amazing deals and you are like 5 miles from Coral Gables (and traffic is always going the opposite way if you work anywhere other than downtown)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #20
KingM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

ya look anywhere at those brand new condos in downtown they rnt selling well and r pretty much giving them away at this point. will u have an M3 in Miami?

2009 e92 ///M3 AW | DCT | Fully Loaded | CF roof | 19" wheels | Camaross305 HID bulbs 6k | Eisenmann sport exhaust & connecting pipes | V1 hardwired | 5% tints all around | matte black grill w/ jet black surroundings | matte black side gills | Vorsteiner Type I Diffuser |
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 05:03 AM   #21
boostedtwin
Sheriff
Rep
Drives: spyder, Macan GTS, 4xe Rubicon

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
07 335i  [0.00]
I would suggest looking for condos on Brickell area or townhomes in Coconut Groove. That's where you'll find most options available.
      06-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #22
djben
noob.
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 SMGII, 911 Turbo (997)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio///M View Post
I'm looking anywhere between 1100 to 1700 monthly, if you any of you have leads to a nice ass Townhouse or Condo with Garage. I'm pretty sure I'll love Miami....plus how couldn't you with AA down the street and the beach at the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pitbull move over....just kidding, probably get shot for that!!
The Flamingo in South Beach is a good place to go if you are young and it has a garage. You can definitely get a place within your range there, hopefully one with a great view of the beach. Lots of young people there to meet.

Brickell is pretty boring. It was way overbuilt with condos that are mostly empty. There isn't a whole lot to do here compared to the beach. I know, I work there every day....

Yes, you can get a good deal in Brickell, but if you are new your best bang for the buck is in Miami Beach. If it is too much for you then you can just move away later, that's what most people seem to do.

If you see a dirty carbon black M3 with big red brakes, that's me

*edit: Just saw you have the Coral Gables requirement... that means having to drive on or around US1... yeah, forget the beach, US1 is a nightmare of a road to drive on during the rush hours.
E46 M3 SMGII : No Sunroof : GC Coils : GC FCAB : Powerflex RTAB : Rogue RSM : H&R Sways : Stoptech 4-wheel BBK : SSR Comp 19" : BW Oil Cooler : CSL headers : UUC mid-pipe : Pulleys : Gruppe M Exhaust : 4.10 gears : 301 WHP (Epic): Recaro Sportster CS
911 Turbo 6MT : Locking Rear Diff: GMG Springs/Sways: RSS Engine Mounts : GT2 Clutch Conversion

Last edited by djben; 06-12-2009 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0