BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

04-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #155
gator1215
Registered
Rep
Drives: Golf GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
You both have valid points, but may I add one more to the mix, residuals. I think the GTR is an incredible piece of kit and currently the one to beat in terms of handling, balance and performance/£, but part of the reasons for picking certain brands are their residuals. Everyone knows Porsches hold their money amazingly well, likewise Ferrari, even the RS4 and M3 do very well for mainstream brands but I doubt the GTR will fair quite as well.

Maybe the fact they are not all imports like the last version (apart from the official 100) should help a bit but to more people it's still a Nissan, the people that brought us the Micra.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great car but you have to be committed to decide on owning one.

P.S.

I don't mean to an institution when I say committed, just case you all got the wrong idea.

Agreed on the residual. But people who purchase a car should not be doing it as an investment... it is the worst investment you'll likely ever make.

I'm talking about the people who have the disposable extra income to choose between an 80k GTR or a 150k 997.

If you don't have the extra income, honestly, a G37 should suffice most "smart" investors, and one should take the little extra cash and put it in a real investment such as an IRA, a 401k, or at least a home!

You should see all the posers (we call them 30k millionaires) in Scottsdale who drive around in their 330s and can barely pay their monthly apartment rent...

I understand the desire to have a nice car, don't get me wrong, but people need to grow a brain.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #156
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
Actually I seem to remember that the R34 Skyline GT-R had awesome residuals, even now you'd be lucky to see one for less than £30k and they were c. £54k 5 years ago. I'm actually expecting the R35 GT-R to better the R34 in that respect.
That's funny, I was sure it was the other way round, I brow to your better knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #157
phas3r
Rep
Drives: -

wow, really sad people saying the m3 is a disappointment, yes the GT-R is just something else, a future legend, despite weighing very heavy. (bring the CSL out!)
here's the high quality version of the vid enjoy
http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallp...43&Page=2&CT=V
http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallp...44&Page=2&CT=V
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #158
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I know this is an M3 Forum ... but DAYUM!!! That GTR really KICKS ASSSSS!!!!

With this machine Nissan will garner new respect in the automotive world ... PERIOD.