BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Car & Driver takes the new AMG GT S for a spin

A few highlights:

"Uncannily quick steering response means that you turn the GT S’s wheel a few degrees and the nose sniffs for the apex with bloodhound keenness. The effort builds quickly and linearly, but the steering never feels too heavy."

"Even though this GT S test car feels ready to challenge the 911 in a road race, Moers stresses that the next iteration of chassis calibrations will be better: slightly higher steering effort, a tighter null zone, and a more poised ride over bumpy pavement."

"After confirming that the steering assist is hydraulic, he adds that his engineers are confident they can achieve the same or better feedback with the electric booster that is a long-term inevitability. Turning the discussion to brakes, we agree that they need no additional fiddling. The firm pedal provides good feedback, and there’s a moderate amount of travel to aid modulation. "

"The 20 years [Tobias] Moers spent in AMG’s developmental trenches have prepared him well for guiding the fate of this new car. He’s a former endurance racer, an avid supporter of advanced technology, and a Benz lifer, so he knows what he wants and, apparently, how to get it. What his AMG organization is about to deliver is a two-for-one: grand-touring grace combined with a sports car’s hunt-and-kill instincts."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...e-drive-review
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Badass. Thanks for sharing. This is what I like to see, unlike the eco-friendly bullshit I keep hearing about from BMW and other manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
"What his AMG organization is about to deliver is a two-for-one: grand-touring grace combined with a sports car’s hunt-and-kill instincts."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...e-drive-review
Wish the Vantage successor will be the sort of thing. While the current vantage is beautiful, it failed to be a true 911 rival. Same with F-Type, and the beautiful limited 8C. Wonder how the P13 will come up against the 911, so as the new Supra. Only successful 911 rival is the Corvette. GT-R is too hard-core. BMW? Pfffff, crap with regards to sports cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Awesome.