BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
TQPDWN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Service Aftermath from Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch,CO

Hi M lovers,
Recently I just took my baby 2011 E93 M3 in for service due to driver side subwoodfer blew out,malfunction steering wheel buttons, AS said parts were not in stock,I had to wait a week or few,for steering wheel bottoms parts ect,gave me a 5 series loaner , 2 days later AS called parts were delay due to shipping company ect ect, then gave a random time call at around 5pm noon(while I was still in shift at work)that,I must give back my loader back to him,he said he needs the loaner back asap!(I was like wtf its 5pm my shift over at 8pm)so I took a 2 hour job off, went to Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch,CO service, picked up my went home(without fix!),and after I got home I see this!(I was soo trusted on these guys,I didnt not walk around my car for specs this time at service) CF plate damaged and bented plates and cracked bumper!? WTF thats a hand job,man made damage I see here! not an accidently fault,and my front lip cracked.
I called my SA about this damages over the phone when I get back home,he said he had those CF plates instock and will replace a new one.

I took my back car in 2 days ago,for subwoodfer and steering wheel parts came in to get it fixed and my bumper,plates,lip.1 day later which is yesterday AS calls he says
He needs the recipes for CF the plate frame. and told me my bumper was repainted due to pervious accident back in 2011. and cracked front lip.(which I got it all fixed) My car came in for service fresh and clean!
SO now this SA declined a fix on bumper and lip.and advices me take the car home(with fixed subs,and steering wheel and not sure it fixed right yet).
Now Im going to pick up my car tomorrow morning, what should I do? Guys,
I really need some help and advices from you all! thanks a lot for help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
MTrezzz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lime Rock Edition

if my understanding is correct, then i would make the dealer pay for the damages.
just ask for the video, the day you bought your car and service papers
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

dude....sorry you have to through this shit. i really feel for your situation.

right off the bat, for future reference for yourself and other reading this.....don't get bullied by an SA. you shouldn't have to take hours off of work to get that loaner to them for their convenience. you were given that car so they could have the opportunity to work on your car....so they could earn your business. you give them that loaner back at your earliest convenience. there was nothing they could've done if you said..." yeah, i'll get that back to you after i get off work."

about the other stuff....it's a little hard to understand the particulars of what you're saying. not being the grammar police here....but you'll get the best advice if you can express the problem clearly to all of us.

Last edited by Hyperjack; 05-11-2013 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

So they damaged your car and refuse to pay for the repair? Hard to believe. I'd raise hell until the car was repaired. How old are you? Sounds like they aren't taking you very seriously.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
TQPDWN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotk View Post
So they damaged your car and refuse to pay for the repair? Hard to believe. I'd raise hell until the car was repaired. How old are you? Sounds like they aren't taking you very seriously.
Im 26. please exuse my grammers, I emailed BMWNA about this and see what they say..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #6
akirasa
Rep

if I were you I would ask where they parked the car after you left at the dealer and if there are cameras I would ask for the records as well to see where they kept it.. I feel like they parked your car somewhere where bumper was on something and when they were pulling back it damaged it. Thats what I feel like and probably the person that was driving heard and didnt say anything. shady stuff...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

Maybe it's possible this happened at a gas station or somewhere you may have parked for a brief moment? Don't think the service at BMW would do something like this.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Since SA won't help, say you'll be elevating to his boss to see what he thinks.

1) call GM of the dealership / service area, come in personally to talk to him and explain what's happening (calmly but firmly - you'll get taken more seriously that way).

2) request for video that to see if you can prove no damage when dropped off.

3) if all else fails, see if BMW NA corp. can do anything for you. Long shot though.

At minimum, you've shared some of your burden with the SA who should get some negative feedback on it from his boss.

Net, the problem is you really did take the car from the SA without looking and they can easily point to you having damaged your own car (unless service bay video says otherwise).

Sorry you have to go through this, but you live and you learn as they say...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
Tomislav
Panty Schtuffer
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW X6M  [0.00]
1997 BMW 323i  [0.00]
1994 BMW M3  [8.00]
Why keep the car there if it takes so long to get parts?
.: 1994 E36 M3 3.0 - 19" BBS LM Reps, Bilsteins :.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #10
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 BMW M3 MR/21 X7 40i AW

This exact thing happened to me last summer where my cf front lip was smashed up by bmw dealership. After they brought the car to me I started to drive away then occurred to me to do walk around b/c someone had just posted about some damage on forum few days prior. Shocked to see the damage and went right back to service desk where thankfully they ended up taking care of everything (ordering me new lip and getting it installed for me).
I know they reviewed shop camera footage before replacing the lip and so as suggested by others would ask that they do this for you. Unfortunately short of this, once you drive off lot, especially day later, you cannot prove damage didn't happen somewhere else or hold them accountable.
At this point, would do exactly what sroc5 outlined above. Sorry to hear though!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
tjsabec
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008, e90, alpine white, 6mt

Not to be a jerk, but is English your first language? If not, it seems like they are maybe trying to dismiss you because of this. I'm not sure what the best solution to this would be if that is in fact the case. Maybe if you have someone more comfortable with the language that you trust, they could go with you?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
exmowner
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsabec View Post
Not to be a jerk, but is English your first language? If not, it seems like they are maybe trying to dismiss you because of this. I'm not sure what the best solution to this would be if that is in fact the case. Maybe if you have someone more comfortable with the language that you trust, they could go with you?
Who give a f$%# about his comfort with the language. The only thing they should care about is when he brings the car in for repair.
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #13
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012, E92 DCT M3

Garage List
Whoa, I just contacted my local dealer because my subwoofer went out...so much for premium sound!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT VAN ROCK
Whoa, I just contacted my local dealer because my subwoofer went out...so much for premium sound!
Your local dealers aren't open Sundays!
OP- if you don't complete a walk around before and after with damages noted, you may not have much to stand on. Not all dealers have cameras, but it's worth looking into. It sucks to hear, but it is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
dude....sorry you have to through this shit. i really feel for your situation.

right off the bat, for future reference for yourself and other reading this.....don't get bullied by an SA. you shouldn't have to take hours off of work to get that loaner to them for their convenience. you were given that car so they could have the opportunity to work on your car....so they could earn your business. you give them that loaner back at your earliest convenience. there was nothing they could've done if you said..." yeah, i'll get that back to you after i get off work."

about the other stuff....it's a little hard to understand the particulars of what you're saying. not being the grammar police here....but you'll get the best advice if you can express the problem clearly to all of us.
You captured every single comment I had when reading over this post.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
TQPDWN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thx for all the comments, SA replaced the CF front plate,but refused to replace the front lib,but willing to repair to reclear coat it. I'm not going to let them touch my car again,
because I do not trust them anymore.
On the other hand,they replace my driver side BASS,but when I test it out,and turn up my music,its making Poping sound. I'm taking my car to another dealership when I return to NYC.
So this is my experience with Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch,CO
PS: Exuse my grammar I know Im bad at it,if im good at it, im sure ill be managing some topend company now.But now its enough for me to own myself a Brand new 2011 E93 M3 fully loaded, and Im 26 with just a GED, I own two store businesses., seeking for 3rd one to open,Im so proud of myself,targeting to own Farrari or Lambo when I hit 30.

Last edited by TQPDWN; 05-14-2013 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQPDWN View Post
Thx for all the comments, SA replaced the CF front plate,but refused to replace the front lib,but willing to repair to reclear coat it. I'm not going to let them touch my car again,
because I do not trust them anymore.
On the other hand,they replace my driver side BASS,but when I test it out,and turn up my music,its making Poping sound. I'm taking my car to another dealership when I return to NYC.
So this is my experience with Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch,CO
PS: Exuse my grammar I know Im bad at it,if im good at it, im sure ill be managing some topend company now.But now its enough for me to own myself a Brand new 2011 E93 M3 fully loaded, and Im 26 with just a GED, I own two store businesses., seeking for 3rd one to open,Im so proud of myself,targeting to own Farrari or Lambo when I hit 30.
Out of all that damage I would be worried least about a CF Plate... Also you should learn how to spell FERRARI before you own it

Last edited by Dkhan23; 05-14-2013 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
IronManM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 m3

Garage List
09 BMW e93 m3  [0.00]
Go directly to the director of service an SA has no authority to approve or deny any repairs due to damage
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #19
IronManM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 m3

Garage List
09 BMW e93 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23 View Post
Also you should learn how to spell FERRARI before you own it
lmao!!! Sorry I thought that comment was hilarious
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
chili555
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT coupe

Quote:
a Brand new 2011 E93 M3
Say what? Brand new??
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #21
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

RALPH SCHOMP SUCKS!!! I like many others, have bad stories about them.

Although I dislike most dealerships, I've been going to Murray Motors on Colorado Blvd lately. I've had BMWs on and off in Colorado for about 15 years. Murray is pretty good. They are better than Ralph Schomp and better than Gebhardt in Boulder. There is also a Co's BMW up North on I-25. I don't have any experience with them.

Sorry to hear what happened.

... Also, the hand job part of the story is pretty funny. Must have been lost in translation.

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #22
TQPDWN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post
RALPH SCHOMP SUCKS!!! I like many others, have bad stories about them.

Although I dislike most dealerships, I've been going to Murray Motors on Colorado Blvd lately. I've had BMWs on and off in Colorado for about 15 years. Murray is pretty good. They are better than Ralph Schomp and better than Gebhardt in Boulder. There is also a Co's BMW up North on I-25. I don't have any experience with them.

Sorry to hear what happened.

... Also, the hand job part of the story is pretty funny. Must have been lost in translation.
Ic,cool thank you all for infos,

Update: This driver side bass is not working again!after the fix! I cant believe this service and the person who worked on my car...,something got my mind thinking they didnt replace my bass sub at all,they might just sent it out to some shitty shop to repair it then install back into my car. Going back to them on Monday to get all things sort out,and of course going to speak to the top manager or this dealer owner about this. Emailed BMWNA should hear from them soon.

Last edited by TQPDWN; 05-15-2013 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 0