BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #45
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
that sux though. what if the only sunoco car wash close down? LOL
thats a good question! lol
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #46
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Did you ever take your 6 series through a Touchless CarWash, you will be amazed when you do
Is this safe for the paint?

I was wondering about this the other day when I started washing my car by blowing the majority of the dust out of it via a high pressure water beam. I had second toughts as I though that this might damage the paint in the long run (as opposed to a careful hand wash)...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #47
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Did you ever take your 6 series through a Touchless CarWash, you will be amazed when you do

Because depending on the speed and angle of the high pressure wash, it would leak.
I'll take your word for it.

Never taking any of my cars into a car wash of any type.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #48
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
I'll take your word for it.

Never taking any of my cars into a car wash of any type.
may i ask why you would "NEVER" take any of your cars through a car wash?
Sorry dude, but that sounds dumb imo because a touchless wash is exactly that, its touchless. If my car is super dirty, i much prefer letting the pressure wash it vs me rubbing it in with a wash mitt or sponge. By the way, I used to be a professional detailer for about 10 years.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #49
skywalker562
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW M3 E93 6MT

thanks guys~ all your opinions are welcome. =) got a word from the dealer. the SA could not find the water leak. I can't believe that the SA just said it. i don' think the rubber seal "self-heal" somehow and stop water leak. we'll see. we will prob. have rain tomorrow and thru sat. let see if they really fixed it. or i just imagine things... not happy with the service. the SA is basically saying i am a lier. lucky i took pictures and videos.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #50
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker562 View Post
thanks guys~ all your opinions are welcome. =) got a word from the dealer. the SA could not find the water leak. I can't believe that the SA just said it. i don' think the rubber seal "self-heal" somehow and stop water leak. we'll see. we will prob. have rain tomorrow and thru sat. let see if they really fixed it. or i just imagine things... not happy with the service. the SA is basically saying i am a lier. lucky i took pictures and videos.
WTF

yOU PICKED UP THE VEHICLE FROM YOUR DEALER?

i would have never done that, unless and until they fix my shit, goddamnit i paid over $CDN100,000 for the fucking vert, DEAL WITH IT!!!

Honestly, a few years ago a similar situation happened when my service advisor told me my '02 745Li was running smooth (50,000 Miles/80,000KM), which it wasnt .

I had brought it in a few times, they still respected my cause, and changed a few parts and it would become smooth for a bit and then again it would run rough!
The last time it happened, I told the SA, whats the problem now?
He said " We cant seem to find anything wrong with it? "

I spoke to the service manager (which I met for the very first time), he said
"This is normal and showed me a '03 745i with lower KM on there lot, and said
"see thats shaking too ,"
I am like:
"listen I dont care whats wrong with this one, albeit the 2003 was shaking more then mine with lower KM, i told him to fix mine!"

and told him:

" Keep your rental and the 745Li, and you will hear from my lawyers and BMW Canada tomorrrow "

After a few days: nothing
(as I never called BMW or my lawyers and gave them a chance to do it right),
He called and said:
" After performing a leakdown test on the engine, we found one of the cylinder walls had started to peel because of fuel having gotten in it and this is probably the reason for the rough start!"
WAIT FOR THIS:
he said:
"..We have ordered a new engine on your vehicle , and apologised several times for his mistakes earlier "
and voila the 745 was running smooth as it should

That service manager is to this day a good and dear friend of mine and still treats me like royalty! because I was always strong, polite and assertive with my approach to my car's issues. And he respects my opinions as much I as I respect his!

So its your car, everyone has a different approach to things, but I would not be able to rest if my vehicle's roof was leaking water from rain
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 04:47 AM   #51
skywalker562
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

wish i have your people skills.

no i haven't picked it up yet. i was planning on going to the dealer today (it's 3Am rigth now so approx. 8 hrs from now) and see if they really fixeed it. if not, i was going to talk to the service manager (which i already exchanged email couple of times before) and show the car is not normal and need repairs (water leak and the man. trans) . like you said, i don't care if other cars are running like mine. all the basic machanics are the same. tranny is not suppose to make that weird noise (clunk and grind) and roof should seal water period. M3 is no different than other machine.

anyway, thank you for your support. i wish you are right here in CA so you can help me out.

wish me luck. it's my first BMW and i hope i can keep my respect for the brand and service department. so far, they ain't....
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #52
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:

wish i have your people skills.

no i haven't picked it up yet. i was planning on going to the dealer today (it's 3Am rigth now so approx. 8 hrs from now) and see if they really fixeed it. if not, i was going to talk to the service manager (which i already exchanged email couple of times before) and show the car is not normal and need repairs (water leak and the man. trans) . like you said, i don't care if other cars are running like mine. all the basic machanics are the same. tranny is not suppose to make that weird noise (clunk and grind) and roof should seal water period. M3 is no different than other machine.

anyway, thank you for your support. i wish you are right here in CA so you can help me out.

wish me luck. it's my first BMW and i hope i can keep my respect for the brand and service department. so far, they ain't....
good luck man, stand your ground.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #53
skywalker562
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

picked up my car.
so far just a little drops. not major leak. but we have very light rain also. they fixed it by putting good old rubber tube inside of the rubber seal. the SA told me that they just got Service bulletin on water leak issue. i'll drive around couple of days. if it seals water, that's great. if it's not, man i don't know what to do. i can't just replace the whole top? can i?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #54
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
picked up my car.
so far just a little drops. not major leak. but we have very light rain also. they fixed it by putting good old rubber tube inside of the rubber seal. the SA told me that they just got Service bulletin on water leak issue. i'll drive around couple of days. if it seals water, that's great. if it's not, man i don't know what to do. i can't just replace the whole top? can i?
yes if I was in Cali I would have had a word with them
however good to hear they fixed some of it!
whats the service bulletin number/text on the leaking roof?

please post that in more detail, it could be helpful for a lot of the vert guys.

Thanks for the update
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #55
skywalker562
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

i wish i can just scan this and post it but... (no access to scanner right now) so here we go.

J# 2 51BMZ Body equipment TECH(S): 101950 WARRANTY
CUSTOMER REPORTS THAT THE VEHICLE IS LEACKING WATER
~~~
~~~
~~~
INSTALLED VACCUMM AS PRECAUTION TO PREVENT WATER LEAK AS PER SIB FROM BMW

PARTS...QTY...FP NUMBER
1 11-72-7-545-323 VACUUM HOSE BLACK
0 52-10-7-842-804 UPHOLSTERY SEAT

and other informations.

i hope other E93s don't leak. i heard once it leaks, it never stops. i just checked my windows, i see some water lines on the inside of the windows. and not much of rain. i'll keep you guys updated.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #56
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
i wish i can just scan this and post it but... (no access to scanner right now) so here we go.

J# 2 51BMZ Body equipment TECH(S): 101950 WARRANTY
CUSTOMER REPORTS THAT THE VEHICLE IS LEACKING WATER
~~~
~~~
~~~
INSTALLED VACCUMM AS PRECAUTION TO PREVENT WATER LEAK AS PER SIB FROM BMW

PARTS...QTY...FP NUMBER
1 11-72-7-545-323 VACUUM HOSE BLACK
0 52-10-7-842-804 UPHOLSTERY SEAT

and other informations.

i hope other E93s don't leak. i heard once it leaks, it never stops. i just checked my windows, i see some water lines on the inside of the windows. and not much of rain. i'll keep you guys updated.
so in other words, its still leaking?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #57
skywalker562
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

yes not as bad as the last time. XD but it still leaks. the funny thing it it leask after raining or carwash. water comes out of nowhere and drop onto my pass. seat. i'll try to get pictures this week. i have couple but i'll take some them again.
I am not sure if i go back to the same dealer. maybe i 'll better off going to different one. i know if i brign this issue up to the GM or SM, i'll get definitly "yes, we'll try our best to fix it" but if "the best" isn't working for you or the car, what can you do, u know. thanks for reading this thread. hopefully, people (Buyers or BMW) aware of E93 water leak problem and resolve it. i can't believe M3 has water leak problem. my friends laughted at me / the car. very sad moment.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #58
Murat Aydinoglu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328 , 2012 e93 , 2016 f36

Hi
i know a very old post but i was having the similar issue and after few tries i got this resolved at the dealer. Let me know if anybody having this issue maybe i can help
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #59
burtonsbs5114
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2c. LBB, 6mt

Garage List
I am having issues with a slight leak on the passenger side. What did they do to fix it? Mine is an '08. It only leaks when I wash it.
      10-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #60
Murat Aydinoglu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328 , 2012 e93 , 2016 f36

Hi ,
I am attaching the file from the dealer about the roof leak,
The first attempt did slow down the leak but the leak was still present.
The second attempt fixed the leak completely.There was a little damage to the tint on the window but since it is not visible when the window is closed it does not bother me much.

I hope this helps people with the leaks.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E93+roof+leak+fix.pdf (253.5 KB, 389 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #61
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

I had the same issue. I used gummi flege , the rubber conditioner and it reduced the problem. When I spray a hose when washing in that area it does get a couple drops inside the window, but the rubber treatment seems to have stopped this during the rain. Sometimes a piece of cloth from the headliner gets caught up in the works when opening and closing the top. Open the top and stop it mid way and check for this as well. To me its not a huge deal as the amount of water has always been a drop or two, not a flood of water on the seat.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 0