BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

06-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #1
mermar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xdrive

Add me to the list of MPE fan boys...

Just picked up my car from the dealership and drove around for an hour running errands and some country roads...

For me it is a huge relief that the sound is perfect! Video/sound clips never do any exhaust justice IMHO. I think it has a nice oem performance sound. Nothing cheeseball or glam...

1. At cold start - the MPE make the car feel 'special'.
2. As mentioned by many others - the 3500-5k sound is exotic.
3. ZERO drone!
4. With DCT set at D2, and very gentle application of throttle - hard to tell it is any different than stock. This means no stink eye from spouse or remarks from non-car enthusiast professionals that ride with me sometimes. In other words, matching the rest of the e90 M3 personality, it can go into stealth mode whenever the driver wants it to. Hard to tell if it is any louder than stock when cruising at 70mph.
5. Enhances the fabulous S65 intake sounds (was concerned it would overshadow the wonderous S65 intake symphony).
6. Make the M3 feel a bit more special without sounding raty.
7. This point has not been stressed enought - but rev matched downshift sounds (alone) are worth the price of the MPE!!
8. OEM part
9. 2 year parts and labor warranty.
10. Other have said this should have been oem with the competition package - Agree 100%. But then Im not sure BMW could make as much on post purchase parts sales.
11. Nice to take off some weight, however meaningless.

One thing I noticed - it seems the rear bumper was considerably warmer than with oem exhaust. But could be in my head as I never have done and side by side comparison.

If you are looking to make a great car even better - and want something that wont annoy you with drone and rasp - this is a really great option. I could not be happier.

Bought this car 2 months ago and told myself "no mods"...oh well. I am stopping here... really - I am.

Last edited by mermar; 06-09-2014 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermar View Post
Bought this car 2 months ago and told myself "no mods"...oh well. I am stopping here... really - I am.
That's what they all say.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman831 View Post
That's what they all say.
one mod and your done for. join the support group now.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Yeah man, it's hard not to like the MPE. While some people may not love it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say they hated it.
      06-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
While some people may not love it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say they hated it.
No, they just hate all of us that love it!

I really like my MPE, and the only improvement would be a switched valve to occasionally make it louder. But that would add cost/complexity. It's good to be a bit on the quiet side for those who want to uncork things further with an X-pipe or cat delete pipes and not get too raspy.

Also, this is definitely not the exhaust for those wanting a deep muscle car type of sound... other axle-backs do that American V8 sound better. The MPE has a decidedly Euro flavor. That smooth mid-range howl is definitely addictive!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Congrats, welcome to the club! I appreciate it every time out, that hollow howl is so unique. Yes, down shifts really pop with that signature hollow resonance, so intoxicating. A superb compliment to the music up front.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #7
Creed40
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray/Black ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermar
Just picked up my car from the dealership and drove around for an hour running errands and some country roads...

For me it is a huge relief that the sound is perfect! Video/sound clips never do any exhaust justice IMHO. I think it has a nice oem performance sound. Nothing cheeseball or glam...

1. At cold start - the MPE make the car feel 'special'.
2. As mentioned by many others - the 3500-5k sound is exotic.
3. ZERO drone!
4. With DCT set at D2, and very gentle application of throttle - hard to tell it is any different than stock. This means no stink eye from spouse or remarks from non-car enthusiast professionals that ride with me sometimes. In other words, matching the rest of the e90 M3 personality, it can go into stealth mode whenever the driver wants it to. Hard to tell if it is any louder than stock when cruising at 70mph.
5. Enhances the fabulous S65 intake sounds (was concerned it would overshadow the wonderous S65 intake symphony).
6. Make the M3 feel a bit more special without sounding raty.
7. This point has not been stressed enought - but rev matched downshift sounds (alone) are worth the price of the MPE!!
8. OEM part
9. 2 year parts and labor warranty.
10. Other have said this should have been oem with the competition package - Agree 100%. But then Im not sure BMW could make as much on post purchase parts sales.
11. Nice to take off some weight, however meaningless.

One thing I noticed - it seems the rear bumper was considerably warmer than with oem exhaust. But could be in my head as I never have done and side by side comparison.

If you are looking to make a great car even better - and want something that wont annoy you with drone and rasp - this is a really great option. I could not be happier.

Thanks for your feedback on the MPE...just got one..LOVE IT!
Appreciate 0