BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

2 questions..

Is it worth it to get the cold whether package or the heated seats option is enough? I mean, I never saw this automatic headlight cleaning thing other than on a YouTube video.

Carbon fiber roof looks amazing but it's hard to choose between that or the moonroof. Any thoughts?

Thanks...
      12-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

The automatic headlight cleaning system is the most annoying thing to me. Wish I could disable or even not have them on my cars.

The moonroof is just a personal preference. Most E92 owners prefer the carbon fiber roof because it is actually more unique on a M car. However, unless if you are a track-maniac, the moonroof added weight shouldn't bother too much.
      12-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
iamcpap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

You don't NEED the headlight washers, and they are annoying... Spraying the entire car from lights to trunk when they do go off...

If you are tall, go with CF roof, it adds a decent amount of head room... I don't miss having a sunroof at all and when that CF roof is clean, it is amazing...

Just my 2 thoughts...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-77 View Post
Is it worth it to get the cold whether package or the heated seats option is enough? I mean, I never saw this automatic headlight cleaning thing other than on a YouTube video.

Carbon fiber roof looks amazing but it's hard to choose between that or the moonroof. Any thoughts?

Thanks...
You need to think about resale value of your car unless you plan to keep it forever.

I think the answer to your questions will come to you

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
The automatic headlight cleaning system is the most annoying thing to me. Wish I could disable or even not have them on my cars.

The moonroof is just a personal preference. Most E92 owners prefer the carbon fiber roof because it is actually more unique on a M car. However, unless if you are a track-maniac, the moonroof added weight shouldn't bother too much.
bro you can disable it...link up with someone that does coding and they will turn it off for you (it only works with headlights on)...i had it done on mine bc it was annoying to have a clean car then have washer fluid all over the front
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport

the automatic headlight thing is annoying especially when there's snow on your car. it randomly shoots up windshield washing liquid and the blue/green/purple liquid remains on the front of your headlight/bumper area. and it doesnt even really do its job to clean it! its still dirty. no wipers like on volvo. you can't control when they go out and also they use up a lot of your windshield liquid! all in all, kinda pointless!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413

I kinda don't like the look of it on the front bumper either..

I think heated seats are enough.

CF roof all the way..

Thanks
      12-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

I got heated seats and sunroof. At times I wish I had the carbon roof because it looks sick, but every now and then ill roll the sunroof down at night and cruise.

Not to mention I don't track my car anyway.
      12-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I'd skip CWP but get heated seats. If you have a black car, the carbon isn't as noticeable but if you're going with any other color there is no way I would go for moonroof. Some people love their open roofs though and that's fine if that's a priority for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
Lalit@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Tributo, Superfast, M5cs

Heated seats + CF roof
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post

You can have your washers coded to be shut off.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Heated seats (only) + CF roof is the best way. Classic E92 M3 combo!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

1) I also debated cold weather pckg ($750) vs just heated seats ($400)..but for $300 more you get the retractable headlight washer nozzles, ski bag and the heated seats..

I got the package beacause I figured the headlight washer nozzles would look cool..I hardly ever use them and if
had to do it again would have probably went with just the heated seats.

2) I would opt for the CF roof, unless you MUST have a moonroof.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwike92 View Post
I got heated seats and sunroof. At times I wish I had the carbon roof because it looks sick, but every now and then ill roll the sunroof down at night and cruise.

Not to mention I don't track my car anyway.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #15
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-77 View Post

Thanks...
The auto headlight cleaning sucks because if you just need to clean the windshield, your entire car gets blasted from the headlight cleaners.

Cold weather is also good cuz you get the fold down seats for ski/snowboards which is legit. Not sure if you can get that without cold weather, but maybe.

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
gimmethemuumuu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3, SO/Bk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post
The auto headlight cleaning sucks because if you just need to clean the windshield, your entire car gets blasted from the headlight cleaners.

Cold weather is also good cuz you get the fold down seats for ski/snowboards which is legit. Not sure if you can get that without cold weather, but maybe.
+1. Most people forget, or don't realize, that the Cold Weather Package also gives you the fold-down rear seats. This feature is immensely useful--things that you can't fit in the trunk alone are able to fit in the trunk with the seats down. I agree that the headlight cleaners are largely annoying. However, as others have noted, they can be disabled. And, the heated seats themselves are an awesome addition.

Regarding the carbon fiber roof: Yeah, it's a little lighter. However, unless you're dead-set against it, the sunroof is a very nice feature to have. If you're on the fence, definitely get it. It will also be a nice selling feature once you go to get rid of the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmethemuumuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post

+1. Most people forget, or don't realize, that the Cold Weather Package also gives you the fold-down rear seats. This feature is immensely useful--things that you can't fit in the trunk alone are able to fit in the trunk with the seats down. I agree that the headlight cleaners are largely annoying. However, as others have noted, they can be disabled. And, the heated seats themselves are an awesome addition.

Regarding the carbon fiber roof: Yeah, it's a little lighter. However, unless you're dead-set against it, the sunroof is a very nice feature to have. If you're on the fence, definitely get it. It will also be a nice selling feature once you go to get rid of the car.
S**** I really need the fold down seats feature. Are you guys sure u don't get that w/o the cold weather package?
      12-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep

I think fold down rear seats are standard on all coups. They are optional on sedans.
      12-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I got the fold down rear seats without the cold weather package. Can't remember if it came standard or with another package. I think the carbon fiber roof is one of the most visually appealing aspects of the E92
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Definitely recommend the Carbon roof. The extra head room is really nice. I have the sedan and I still went no moon roof. I, too, would want only heated seats. I miss not having any
      12-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
bimdo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 m3

i love the moonroof.i have a sedan,which of course doesn't have the carbon roof option,so it's an easier choice.i agree it looks great,but the enjoyment of opening the roof on a nice day would trump that for me if i had a coupe. the roof only adds 20-25 pounds or so,so it really doesn't impact performance. i'm 6' 1'' and still have plenty of headroon with the moonroof.

as to the cold weather stuff,it doesn't get that cold here,so for me seat heaters are just one more thing to break.i also wonder if they dry the leather out prematurely.funny story,a bmw tech told me they had a seat heater malfunction and set a customer's pants on fire.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #22
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 BMW M3 MR/21 X7 40i AW

I vote for heated seats alone and the cf roof (def agree this is one of my favorite features of e92 m3).
Appreciate 0