BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

05-14-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

WTB - Speedo

Hi Guys, I own an import m3 and am looking for a Speedo to swap my euro over with,

I can buy one online but the price is just exorbitant - does anyone have one/know where I could get one from?
Also as a follow on, has anyone had any experience doing this in the past, interested in how easy/tough it is,

Cheers, Wantam3
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantam3 View Post
Hi Guys, I own an import m3 and am looking for a Speedo to swap my euro over with,

I can buy one online but the price is just exorbitant - does anyone have one/know where I could get one from?
Also as a follow on, has anyone had any experience doing this in the past, interested in how easy/tough it is,

Cheers, Wantam3
I don't know whether you can get away with changing just the facia of the speedo rather than the who unit. I think some of the information of the speedo is retained in the light control module if I am not mistaken ... I am happy to be corrected on this.

I am sure some of our experienced forum members can add value to this with comments.
      05-14-2014, 10:38 PM   #3
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
I don't know whether you can get away with changing just the facia of the speedo rather than the who unit. I think some of the information of the speedo is retained in the light control module if I am not mistaken ... I am happy to be corrected on this.

I am sure some of our experienced forum members can add value to this with comments.
Thanks Aussie.

Looking forward to hearing some other insights!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #4
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Noone has any info??
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 04:22 AM   #5
dr335e93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 335

I once offered a jump start to a hot bird from my Lexus is200. Success with the jump and the bird.
But I assume the jump blew my digital odo because it was stuck on the km readout since.
So I sourced a replacement circuit board and fascia (the 2 didn't come separately) under warranty.
Easy plug and play install. But it reset my odo to zero. It read 14000km when it blew.
So I have no answer to your question other than the instrument cluster may come with fascia and circuit board together (not separately) and it may reset your data.
I suggest sourcing a km/h sticker to place over or around the mph readout. Or get a combined kmh/mph sticker and stick it over the existing calibration markings. If it looks dodge or falls off then get into replacing shit.
The board/fascia for the lex wasn't cheap. Like $1700 10 years ago.
      05-20-2014, 04:39 AM   #6
DAL344
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Pure

These were as close as I could find to BMW Speedos

Apologise....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0